My Thoughts

Here are my personal thoughts on Saturday and where we should go from here.

1. This was the most excruciatingly painful loss since 2001 Colorado

In fact, it overtook the '01 CU game in my book. Not only was the defense obliterated, the offense did jack. I can't believe how poor we looked and it pains me do see the team struggle.

2. The only coaching changes that should be made are assistants.

Do you really think bringing in ANOTHER coach would be the smartest thing right now? For one, what if they bring in a new offense? We start the process over again. Another thing, maybe all these great recruits, in example Gabbert, want Callahan here and don't want a new coach. Well, then they go to another school. Cosgrove NEEDS to be fired. Pederson, meh. I don't like him but I don't hate him. Osborne as AD doesn't work for me because I don't think that he wants the job and plus I think there would be too many scuffles between old and new.

3. I feel for the guys who are out there trying

Courtney Grixby, I apologize. After all the smack you've taken, you stepped up and now you don't have any teammates who want to step up with you. Maurice Purify, you just keep coming back. Even after your girlfriend passes away, you fight on. Good job.

4. We can win out

The Big XII north is so crazy this year, we can come back and overcome this. I truly believe we can win out the rest of our Big XII south schedule. I don't believe KSU can beat us in Lincoln but Lawrence and Boulder will be tough.

5. We can still win the North

See above reasons. The Big XII this year is crazy and anything can happen. Don't be surprised that if by season's end, we're right back in this.

6. Boycotting games? You gotta be kidding me!

Take a look at our fight song: "We'll all stick together in all kinds of weather for Dear, Old Nebraska U!"

Do you really think ditching the sellout streak would be a good decision right now? Let's keep one thing attached to this program! If you do feel this way, give your tickets to someone who wants them. They'll gladly take your place. I'll continue to wear red. I'll continue to attend games. I'll continue to support the players and the coaches and I'll continue to be a Cornhusker. I'm not ditching my team.

:bonez

Thank you for saying what I'm feeling.

Does it hurt to lose like that, hell yes it hurts.

Call me an eternal optimist, call me whatever you want.

But I'm a Husker, ALWAYS will be a HUSKER.

Nothing will ever change that. I will never ever turn my back on this program. Ever.

GO BIG RED!!!!

In fact, it overtook the '01 CU game in my book. Not only was the defense obliterated, the offense did jack. I can't believe how poor we looked and it pains me do see the team struggle.

Do you really think bringing in ANOTHER coach would be the smartest thing right now? For one, what if they bring in a new offense? We start the process over again. Another thing, maybe all these great recruits, in example Gabbert, want Callahan here and don't want a new coach. Well, then they go to another school. Cosgrove NEEDS to be fired. Pederson, meh. I don't like him but I don't hate him. Osborne as AD doesn't work for me because I don't think that he wants the job and plus I think there would be too many scuffles between old and new.

Courtney Grixby, I apologize. After all the smack you've taken, you stepped up and now you don't have any teammates who want to step up with you. Maurice Purify, you just keep coming back. Even after your girlfriend passes away, you fight on. Good job.

4. We can win out

The Big XII north is so crazy this year, we can come back and overcome this. I truly believe we can win out the rest of our Big XII south schedule. I don't believe KSU can beat us in Lincoln but Lawrence and Boulder will be tough.

See above reasons. The Big XII this year is crazy and anything can happen. Don't be surprised that if by season's end, we're right back in this.

Take a look at our fight song: "We'll all stick together in all kinds of weather for Dear, Old Nebraska U!"

Do you really think ditching the sellout streak would be a good decision right now? Let's keep one thing attached to this program! If you do feel this way, give your tickets to someone who wants them. They'll gladly take your place. I'll continue to wear red. I'll continue to attend games. I'll continue to support the players and the coaches and I'll continue to be a Cornhusker. I'm not ditching my team.

Good post.

#1- I think the 70-7 beating by TT

#2- Coz needs to go, right on

#3- I agree

#4- That sounds about right, we also win one in Boulder

#5- I'm with ya

#6- You put a little lump in my throat on that one.

GBR!!!

i will always be a Husker and cheer for the team, but blind faith in what we have for coaches is a joke! we have the wrong mix and it has been disguised for several years now, with veil excuses to keep this regime justifiably in position while displaying a complete inability to take better than average talent and do absolutely nothing with it. it is so clear that even most of the kids have given up on the coaches, they are walking through this schedule like zombies. we need to take drastic measures at season's end.

1- This is the most disgusted I have ever been as a Husker fan.

2 - 4 years will give you a very good idea of what you will get for the rest of the tenure. Teams are a reflection of the head coach. And right now, there is no emotion. Just look at the reactions(or lack there of) when MU pulled the fake FG late in the game to pour salt in the wound. Anything short of winning out should be a house cleaning. Replacing assistants will just put a bandaid on a wound that needs 60 stitches. If the players were playing hard, I might be swayed to agree, but the lifeless husks that are masquerading as Huskers is the most pathetic thing about it all.

3 - I agree here. I just wish there were more than a handful who gave a crap right now.

4 - I cant buy into this. I have watched the other teams play, and right now our defense can not stop any of those offenses. Not even KSU. And going the shootout method just went to hell with this last showing, as the offense doesnt seem to care anymore either.

5 - I would really, really like to believe this, but I cant.

6 - I dont know where to go on this one. Right now, Keep the streak going. But I wouldnt give the program any money. And if the season progresses how I see it going at this point, and we miss a bowl game, or end at 6-6 before it, hell even 7-5 isnt acceptable, and coaches remain in place, then comes the time when the only way a point can be made is though the University's pocket.

1- This is the most disgusted I have ever been as a Husker fan.

2 - 4 years will give you a very good idea of what you will get for the rest of the tenure. Teams are a reflection of the head coach. And right now, there is no emotion. Just look at the reactions(or lack there of) when MU pulled the fake FG late in the game to pour salt in the wound. Anything short of winning out should be a house cleaning. Replacing assistants will just put a bandaid on a wound that needs 60 stitches. If the players were playing hard, I might be swayed to agree, but the lifeless husks that are masquerading as Huskers is the most pathetic thing about it all.

3 - I agree here. I just wish there were more than a handful who gave a crap right now.

4 - I cant buy into this. I have watched the other teams play, and right now our defense can not stop any of those offenses. Not even KSU. And going the shootout method just went to hell with this last showing, as the offense doesnt seem to care anymore either.

5 - I would really, really like to believe this, but I cant.

6 - I dont know where to go on this one. Right now, Keep the streak going. But I wouldnt give the program any money. And if the season progresses how I see it going at this point, and we miss a bowl game, or end at 6-6 before it, hell even 7-5 isnt acceptable, and coaches remain in place, then comes the time when the only way a point can be made is though the University's pocket.

Great points, I'm with ya partner !!! :box:box:box:box:box w

I will never ever turn my back on this program. Ever.

No one is saying that we should turn our back on the program. They are saying quite the opposite. We love the Huskers so much that we should do whatever we can to get this program back to a winning tradition. That is the exact opposite of turning our back. We must get Steve Pederson fired as soon as possible.

my 2 cents...

1. I love the huskers and follow them religiously.. We ALL want them to do well.. so what i say is out of tough love and doesnt mean i dont support current players or coaches.. i base all my opinions on performance... not personality. I support my boys win or lose....

1. Cosgrove has to go.. He has lost the defense.. They are not playing hard for the man.. That is what the coach is supposed to do.... Not only teach defense but to inspire and if they are NOT performing.. then make noticable changes to mix things up.. Unfortunately i think Cosgrove and Cally are both too LOW KEY... Mcbride was very fiery and so was Pelini.. Guess what our Defenses responded pretty much to that.. We need to make a change at the end of the year.

2. Wagner (offensive line coach) needs to go. Zone blocking technique he teaches is not effective in college. Right now we need to line up man on man and just exert your will. Football is about intensity.. Trying to "think" to much only gets you in trouble.. Right now we are thinking ourselves out of this season.. See the man.. HIT the man hard and make a sure tackle.. On defense it doesn't take any talent to gang tackle. Intensity and fire and ball hawking makes a defense great.. I think the guys need to stop worrying about who is covering who and everybody runs toward the ball.. everyone tackles..

3. Cally needs a little fire also.. He is the leader of this team.. He needs to exhibit fire from the top.. and EXPECT his coaches to instill this passion into the team.. I KNOW the team wants to win.. i know they are trying.. but i dont see any fire in their eyes.. i dont see the passion.. they have lost confidence and need a change in coaches to bring them back to where they need to be.

4. The hardest thing i will have to say and i think will bring the most comments.. Cally needs to invite a defensive great from each group in the past (Broderick thomas for lb, Peter brothers/wistrom for dline, minter, mike brown for CB/safety, etc) and they need to be in the locker room after the next practice and the conversation would go like this..

Gentleman.. we are Nebraska Football defensive greats.. we are the blackshirts that you inspire to wear.. We have set a standard of excellence that you have yet to maintain.. You at this TIME do not deserve to wear the blackshirts.. Only one of you (Bowman) has exhibited the pride it takes to wear this shirt. He showed his passion for what it stands for by turning in his shirt and nobody followed his lead.. It is not a GIVEN that just because u start on defense you get to wear our shirt.. You must EARN the respect to wear this shirt. At that point i would state that the coaches have stripped you of your blackshirts and we as representatives of Nebraska Defense are here to make sure you understand what it will take to earn them back.

Yes men, you CAN earn these back but here is what you MUST do.. 1. Practice hard...2. Hit the weight room with a vengence.. 3. Everyone TACKLE the ballcarrier wherever he is.. i want to see a minimum of 5 to 6 people in on each tackle near the line. 4. The most important of all.. PLAY AS A TEAM...the man next to you is your BROTHER.. you might not LIKE him, but you respect him for the effort he is putting out as he will respect you. 5. I want intensity.. i want to see the passion for the game, the passion for what this shirt stands for...the passion for yourself..

You do these things and we will personally give you back your shirts and say we are HONORED to have you as our brother.. You do NOT have to win to earn our respect.. but you MUST PLAY AS HARD AND AS INTENSE AS YOU CAN ON EACH PLAY.

My rant is now over... i know what i say might not be popular but i say it with love and passion and with wanting the best for the program...

Husker in alabama..

j

my 2 cents...

1. I love the huskers and follow them religiously.. We ALL want them to do well.. so what i say is out of tough love and doesnt mean i dont support current players or coaches.. i base all my opinions on performance... not personality. I support my boys win or lose....

1. Cosgrove has to go.. He has lost the defense.. They are not playing hard for the man.. That is what the coach is supposed to do.... Not only teach defense but to inspire and if they are NOT performing.. then make noticable changes to mix things up.. Unfortunately i think Cosgrove and Cally are both too LOW KEY... Mcbride was very fiery and so was Pelini.. Guess what our Defenses responded pretty much to that.. We need to make a change at the end of the year.

2. Wagner (offensive line coach) needs to go. Zone blocking technique he teaches is not effective in college. Right now we need to line up man on man and just exert your will. Football is about intensity.. Trying to "think" to much only gets you in trouble.. Right now we are thinking ourselves out of this season.. See the man.. HIT the man hard and make a sure tackle.. On defense it doesn't take any talent to gang tackle. Intensity and fire and ball hawking makes a defense great.. I think the guys need to stop worrying about who is covering who and everybody runs toward the ball.. everyone tackles..

3. Cally needs a little fire also.. He is the leader of this team.. He needs to exhibit fire from the top.. and EXPECT his coaches to instill this passion into the team.. I KNOW the team wants to win.. i know they are trying.. but i dont see any fire in their eyes.. i dont see the passion.. they have lost confidence and need a change in coaches to bring them back to where they need to be.

4. The hardest thing i will have to say and i think will bring the most comments.. Cally needs to invite a defensive great from each group in the past (Broderick thomas for lb, Peter brothers/wistrom for dline, minter, mike brown for CB/safety, etc) and they need to be in the locker room after the next practice and the conversation would go like this..

Gentleman.. we are Nebraska Football defensive greats.. we are the blackshirts that you inspire to wear.. We have set a standard of excellence that you have yet to maintain.. You at this TIME do not deserve to wear the blackshirts.. Only one of you (Bowman) has exhibited the pride it takes to wear this shirt. He showed his passion for what it stands for by turning in his shirt and nobody followed his lead.. It is not a GIVEN that just because u start on defense you get to wear our shirt.. You must EARN the respect to wear this shirt. At that point i would state that the coaches have stripped you of your blackshirts and we as representatives of Nebraska Defense are here to make sure you understand what it will take to earn them back.

Yes men, you CAN earn these back but here is what you MUST do.. 1. Practice hard...2. Hit the weight room with a vengence.. 3. Everyone TACKLE the ballcarrier wherever he is.. i want to see a minimum of 5 to 6 people in on each tackle near the line. 4. The most important of all.. PLAY AS A TEAM...the man next to you is your BROTHER.. you might not LIKE him, but you respect him for the effort he is putting out as he will respect you. 5. I want intensity.. i want to see the passion for the game, the passion for what this shirt stands for...the passion for yourself..

You do these things and we will personally give you back your shirts and say we are HONORED to have you as our brother.. You do NOT have to win to earn our respect.. but you MUST PLAY AS HARD AND AS INTENSE AS YOU CAN ON EACH PLAY.

My rant is now over... i know what i say might not be popular but i say it with love and passion and with wanting the best for the program...

Husker in alabama..

j

PREACH IT BROTHER!! PREACH IT!!!

:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez

GO Talk to the boyz please...

my 2 cents...

Husker in alabama..

j

#4 would actually be pretty cool to see. As for the rest, nothing will happen until the end of the season anyway, so it's hard to speculate what will exactly transpire.

4. We can win out

I disagree with number 2. You cannot keep a coach just because he might bring in a top recruit and to delay from starting the process over. I don't understand any school that would keep a coach just so they wouldn't havent to go through painful process. I guess the alternative to them would be that just maybe if we wish hard enough the coach will have epiphany and change how he coaches.