Pederson in fantasy land.

I don't wish that we lose every game from here on out. I would love for our guys to get together to talk amongst themselves and pull together as a team.

Problem is, this would look like a Callahan success, and we'd DEFINITELY be stuck with him for a few more years. Basically I'm saying that I want this charade to end and end today if possible. The most likely way this will happen is if the team continues playing as they are.

X

I don't wish that we lose every game from here on out. I would love for our guys to get together to talk amongst themselves and pull together as a team.

Problem is, this would look like a Callahan success, and we'd DEFINITELY be stuck with him for a few more years. Basically I'm saying that I want this charade to end and end today if possible. The most likely way this will happen is if the team continues playing as they are.

X

I see what you are saying, but some people would hate to see our guys lose the rest of the games. I would hate to see it, but at the same time I would love for us to have a change in coaches right now.

"steady hand" or "hands choking the life out of huskernation?" YOU MAKE THE CALL!

"

"unless your name is frank solich and finish 7-7 one year and then 9-3 the next. then it's OVER THE SIDE WIT' YA, swabbie!!! ARRRRRH!!!"

THESE PLAYERS DESERVE BETTER.

Here are some quotes by you the husker fans

1. Pedersen is not going to say anything besides what he said. Unfortunately his job is bigger and envelops more than just the football team. As a whole the athletic department is doing really well. Do I like this? No! Its just the facts.

2. Enough of the Frank talk. We would be where we are today or most likely worse with Frank still here.

3. Yes the players deserve better. They deserve better schemes they deserve better coaching, they deserve better motivation, and foremost they deserve a chance. If i am Ricky T or Major Culbert etc and i continually watch the same players get the same results, i would be pissed off. I always believed that day to day competition fueled the competetive juices. We appear to have none of this here. The starters no that they cant lose their jobs and the backups have nothing to work for since they know that they cant win the job.

The athletic department was doing well before Peterson got here other then the Basketball team.

I was never a big fan of Franks but for people to get on and post like it would be a fact that if he stayed the record would have been the same or worse is just absurd. No one will ever know how the changes he made with the staff would have turned out since they were only given one year. I have a hard time thinking that the defense would have gotten to the point their at now or worse with Bo as the DC.

First, Pederson's "committment" to the coaches means nothing. Most of the time owners of pro teams and athletic directors of college teams express similar committments to coaches right before they get fired. Who knows what this one means.

Second, people need to back off with the crap that Pederson and Callahan don't care about winning and don't care about the fans. That is just ridiculous. Say they suck or they are incapable of winning, but there is no reason to say that they don't care. That is just reactionary stupidity.

X

I see what you are saying, but some people would hate to see our guys lose the rest of the games. I would hate to see it, but at the same time I would love for us to have a change in coaches right now.

Unfortunately I think it's one or the other. I wish it weren't, but I see little else that will bring change.

X

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/foot...n.ap/index.html

"First and foremost, you have to believe you're going the right direction," he said.

Yes, because we all know believing something makes it true. If you're in Pederson's sinking ship, it probably is more comfortable to believe that this will all work out in the end. But I got news for him and the few Callahaners with balls enough to maintain your errant ways: this is a dream, a fiction, a pleasant story Pederson tells himself (and you will have to tell yourself) in order to block out the harsh and sad reality that he has single-handedly ruined one of the greatest football dynasties in the sport. I would have rolled the dice with Solich and Pelini had I known the program would sink this far. The results might have been the same, but somehow I think on defense we would have managed to stay in it.

I take no joy in any of this, but it is my sincere hope that Callahan truly manages to destroy this team by the end of the season, losing nearly all our remaining games and by a large margin. This way at least we may be able to rid ourselves of him soon, and not have to suffer through many more years of mediocrity with nothing but more bullsh#t and excuses to comfort us in the future.

X

I cannot agree with you in hoping Cally detroys the team and we lose the rest or our games by a large margin. That just seems insane. However, I do understand that your ultimate goal of your wish of destruction, is to bring about CHANGE....and quickly.

Change is needed and the sooner the better however........your approach is like cutting off your leg because it broke. I think we can find other ways to "fix it" before we have to go to extremes. Do I know what the answer is on how we fix it? No I do not. However, I do know there are many steps and things we can do along the road to change. I also recognize there will always be a backlashe or sometimes resistance with any change. Everyone always has a better idea. We could start with letting some jr. coaches or assistants go (I would put COZ in this category). However, if we do let some coaches go, it could upset the chemistry of the team, we could lose potential recruits, perhaps there will not be a suitable replacement? The other side...the chemistry could improve on the team with a new coach, we gain better recruits...who knows, but we have to try these things.

Now, with all of that said....if I were in Cally's shoes I would appy the OODA loop. (Observe, Orient, Decide and Act) on the current state of the team. As I have already been through the OOD part of the loop, I believe my first ACT would be to start looking for a new DC quietly.

I see your position is somewhat Pro-Callahan. I harbored the same "wait and see how he works out" mentality for a long time. However in the wake of this season I see that the problems with this team go far deeper than strategies and recruiting. The team is ill, and Callahan is either oblivious to it or helpless to fix the heartless play of his athletes.

The best chance of sucess we have involves a mighty gamble in removing the current staff, but I've seen more than enough evidence out of Callahan and Co. that I need hardly even blink before rolling the dice. He can't do what we hired him to do. Period.

X

I know exactly where X is coming from, after I realized we had no chance of winning the game on saturday (which was pretty much after Mizzou's first drive) I was quietly hoping that Mizzou would put over a 1000 yds of offense on Cosgrove's pathetically coordinated defense which they easily could have because again Cosgrove proved that he had absolutely no answers. If they would have done that than the powers that be would have had to fire Cosgrove, wouldn't they?

I do love and support my team no matter what, but it's obvious that the current regime is inept and changes need to be made and aren't being made, if that means we have to hope for further humiliation to make it happen than so be it!

Hey Husker X

I think scenario 2 is most likely, but you forgot another one

Scenario 4: Cally WINS rest of his games including Texas makes it to Big 12 Championship, beats OU

and Nebraska goes to BCS BOWL

I know its not lookin like that now but hey it could happen. GBR

i think it's like Matt Davison said during his in-game interview:

"There are questions that NEED to be answered this week."

Pedersen didn't take callers on the show. I can see why he wouldn't want to take lunatic calls, but he owes an explanation to fans directly.

Since the topic name is Pederson in fantasy land, the best we can hope for is that this entire program follows the yellow brick road to see the wizard! Hopefully the players can find some heart, Cosgrove can get a brain and Ultimately Callahan the courage to fire his buddy and if were lucky that :asshat pud will float away by his hot air head forever!