A Nice Day on Campus

I was wearing a Florida State T-shirt at the time.

Dear Axl,

Get out.

Sincerely, Husker Nation.

:lol:

:yeah ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!!

You did better than me I wouldn't have been able to speak to him. I would have just had to point to the camera and him with the hopes he didn't think I was some sort of crazy!!!!!

GREAT PIC man, thanks for sharing.......

I sent this photo to my dad, and he told me a great little story. For those of you familiar with small-town Nebraksa, he went to school in Genoa:

"When I was a senior, our coach called the U and asked if an assistant coach could speak at our banquet. Devaney said that would not be possible.......but if it was OK, could he come. So we all got to shake his hand ( the whole 20 or so of us)."

That's what is so great about this line of coaches that is no-longer with us. They were really a part of the state and nothing was too insignificant for them. The way that Osborne seemed happy to be stopped and "bothered" by an idiot with a camera, Devaney taking time out to go to a little school in the middle of nowhere to speak at a banquet... just great stuff.

I sent this photo to my dad, and he told me a great little story. For those of you familiar with small-town Nebraksa, he went to school in Genoa:

"When I was a senior, our coach called the U and asked if an assistant coach could speak at our banquet. Devaney said that would not be possible.......but if it was OK, could he come. So we all got to shake his hand ( the whole 20 or so of us)."

That's what is so great about this line of coaches that is no-longer with us. They were really a part of the state and nothing was too insignificant for them. The way that Osborne seemed happy to be stopped and "bothered" by an idiot with a camera, Devaney taking time out to go to a little school in the middle of nowhere to speak at a banquet... just great stuff.

That is a cool story. It's great that there are coaches out there who are there not just for a job, but because they love the state and school (and also happen to be very good at what they do). I hope you guys can find that again.