Come on people

ownagebomb

Are you all scared to even post on this game? This is freaking OU week. The one game of the year that we find all the OU fans and kick them in the nuts. Is that all we can kick up? one topic on OU? only 2 pages long? Come on people, where is all the Husker pride? It shouldn't matter if we are 1-9 coming in, this is freaking Sooner week! Don't hide your love, its ok to be down but let the red and white bleed out

NU :duel OU

I agree. OU always seems to have a let down game to some team that they shouldn't of. OSU beat them a couple of years ago. A&M beat them one year. This may be our year fellas. We have a chance to be the only team in the north to have a winning record against teams in the south. Lets play with some emotion and make everyone proud.

Are you all scared to even post on this game? This is freaking OU week. The one game of the year that we find all the OU fans and kick them in the nuts. Is that all we can kick up? one topic on OU? only 2 pages long? Come on people, where is all the Husker pride? It shouldn't matter if we are 1-9 coming in, this is freaking Sooner week! Don't hide your love, its ok to be down but let the red and white bleed out

Great post. Cheers to that!!! :cheers GBR!!!!!!!!!! :thumbs

It's gonna take a game from this team that they haven't played yet. I think the tools are there, we just have to put together a complete game.

OK's defense isn't quite as strong as they were last year IMO.

GO BIG RED

The tools are there? I thought the cupboard was bare and we have no talent because Solich couldn't recruit and that's why we lose to Iowa State and S. Miss. Well that's what 80% of the people in here believe, anyway.

I do agree though that the tools are there to play with the big boys though. I've believed it all season. It comes down to coaching and weather or not these guys can get up for a game. Wish we could have bottled some of that intensity from the Missouri game for later use.

Are you all scared to even post on this game?  This is freaking OU week.  The one game of the year that we find all the OU fans and kick them in the nuts.  Is that all we can kick up? one topic on OU? only 2 pages long?  Come on people, where is all the Husker pride?  It shouldn't matter if we are 1-9 coming in, this is freaking Sooner week!  Don't hide your love, its ok to be down but let the red and white bleed out

Right on dude :cheers I'll buy a round for that post. We should never, and I mean NEVER quit on our Huskers. As I have said in previous posts, I always believe our team can win. Intensity will be a key factor. I hate OU, and I especially hate them because Pelini is over there now waiving his thumb at us. This is our true rivalry game and we can win. God I don't care what else happens this season as long as we beat the sooners.

GBR - for better or worse!

It's gonna take a game from this team that they haven't played yet. I think the tools are there, we just have to put together a complete game.

GO BIG RED

The tools are there? I thought the cupboard was bare and we have no talent because Solich couldn't recruit and that's why we lose to Iowa State and S. Miss. Well that's what 80% of the people in here believe, anyway.

I do agree though that the tools are there to play with the big boys though. I've believed it all season. It comes down to coaching and weather or not these guys can get up for a game. Wish we could have bottled some of that intensity from the Missouri game for later use.

I think these players are capable of winning the game. Whether they get up for it big time is another question. Yea, I have bagged on Solich's recruiting in general, but I think these guys are capable of getting the job done if they can put a whole game together. From the games I have watched in person or on TV, I think the offensive schemes are there, they just need to execute them!

They have put a lot of effort in after being put in a tough position having to learn a whole new system on both sides of the ball, again.

GO BIG RED

I think these players are capable of winning the game. Whether they get up for it big time is another question. Yea, I have bagged on Solich's recruiting in general, but I think these guys are capable of getting the job done if they can put a whole game together. From the games I have watched in person or on TV, I think the offensive schemes are there, they just need to execute them!

They have put a lot of effort in after being put in a tough position having to learn a whole new system on both sides of the ball, again.

I don't know if I agree totally that the offensive schemes are all that brilliant. But I do agree that these guys are good enough. I just wanted to verify that so I can remind you the next time you start using the 'no talent' excuse. :)

GO BIG RED

I don't know if I agree totally that the offensive schemes are all that brilliant. But I do agree that these guys are good enough. I just wanted to verify that so I can remind you the next time you start using the 'no talent' excuse. :)

haha. I do think we lack some at certain positions. The 2005 class looks bright though. :)

I haven't seen any scores predicted. OU 56-10. Oklahoma gets off to a fast start and plays it's second string the entire 2nd half to avoid injuries.

Check the "Contest Central: Earn Husker Gear and Cash" forum for all the predictions thus far. You can enter your prediction for a chance to win some Huskerboard points.

“The tools are there” for a win does not negate the fact that the talent is lacking. In all sports, year after year, we see less-talented teams defeat more-talented teams. This almost always means the less talented team must play to its full potential, and the more talented team has to be off its game, but it does happens.

Can NU defeat the Sooners? Sure, it can happen, even if on paper it doesn’t look possible. The tools are there – but NU needs to play virtually error-free football, and OU needs a letdown, whether emotional or mental.

But that doesn’t mean that NU is awash in talent. That’s why, on paper, this appears to be a mismatch – OU is far more talented.

With the exception of the Texas Tech game, NU has been in every game. The loses have come from lack of execution – receivers dropping passes, Dailey not making his reads or making the wrong decision, the kickers not connecting on field goals. On the defensive side, while there is a general lack of speed, the real problem seems to be a lack of emotion – as indicated by the Missouri game.

What talent does is give you more room for error – a better chance that if the players have an “off” day, they can still pull it off on sheer athletic ability. And the more talent, the greater the margin of error a team enjoys. NU lacks that – they have to be emotionally into each game, play error-free ball, and avoid silly mistakes.

One of the benefits of the option is the fact that it tends to “equalize” teams when there is a talent disparity. Ball control on offense keeps the ball out of the hands of a more talented team, and reduces their scoring opportunities. That’s why you didn’t often see NU getting blown out – and why, when it had better talent, NU dominated.

But we started to see some blowouts under Solich, even with the use of the option. That’s an indicator that the talent level was dropping.

So, yes, the tools are there to win. The talent, however, is not there such that NU can dominate and win on those occasions when the emotion and execution is not there.

“The tools are there” for a win does not negate the fact that the talent is lacking. In all sports, year after year, we see less-talented teams defeat more-talented teams. This almost always means the less talented team must play to its full potential, and the more talented team has to be off its game, but it does happens.

Can NU defeat the Sooners? Sure, it can happen, even if on paper it doesn’t look possible. The tools are there – but NU needs to play virtually error-free football, and OU needs a letdown, whether emotional or mental.

But that doesn’t mean that NU is awash in talent. That’s why, on paper, this appears to be a mismatch – OU is far more talented.

With the exception of the Texas Tech game, NU has been in every game. The loses have come from lack of execution – receivers dropping passes, Dailey not making his reads or making the wrong decision, the kickers not connecting on field goals. On the defensive side, while there is a general lack of speed, the real problem seems to be a lack of emotion – as indicated by the Missouri game.

What talent does is give you more room for error – a better chance that if the players have an “off” day, they can still pull it off on sheer athletic ability. And the more talent, the greater the margin of error a team enjoys. NU lacks that – they have to be emotionally into each game, play error-free ball, and avoid silly mistakes.

One of the benefits of the option is the fact that it tends to “equalize” teams when there is a talent disparity. Ball control on offense keeps the ball out of the hands of a more talented team, and reduces their scoring opportunities. That’s why you didn’t often see NU getting blown out – and why, when it had better talent, NU dominated.

But we started to see some blowouts under Solich, even with the use of the option. That’s an indicator that the talent level was dropping.

So, yes, the tools are there to win. The talent, however, is not there such that NU can dominate and win on those occasions when the emotion and execution is not there.

:worship:worship

The tools are there?  I thought the cupboard was bare and we have no talent because Solich couldn't recruit and that's why we lose to Iowa State and S. Miss.  Well that's what 80% of the people in here believe, anyway.

I do agree though that the tools are there to play with the big boys though.  I've believed it all season.  It comes down to coaching and weather or not these guys can get up for a game.  Wish we could have bottled some of that intensity from the Missouri game for later use.

Nicely said. I agree 100%.