How will they spin it?

How will Pederson & Callahan spin this game?

Callahan, "It was a tremendous game".

Pederson, "There are positives to take from this".

"We just didn't execute. We had the right game plan, the players in the right place, we just didn't execute. We'll go back and watch the film of this game, make some adjustments and move on. My focus now is on Texas A&M"

You are all correct BUT you are forgetting one very important part of the comments:

"everyone in that locker rooms feels bad, Coz feels bad, the players feel bad, I feel really bad, we feel worse than any fan could. I understand the fans want total perfection every play but it isn't that easy with these very tough teams today and rebuilding takes a long time. Dynasties don't exist anymore so it's not going to be the same as it was 20 years ago"

A clearly shaken Callahan said in post-game that "no one can really cancel the season." I bet he wishes he could right now or wake up and find out the past few weeks was just some horrible Kafkaesque dream.

It's hard to put into words just how bad this is, how uncomfortable it is to simply listen to Coach speak after these awful games and wonder if it can get any worse and knowing that it can since a big portion of the season remains.

The team is like a sick or injured animal that needs to be put out of its misery. But the reality is there is a game to be played next week. Hard to fathom how pathetic it has become to actually be worried how badly Big Red will be embarrassed by its next opponent instead of being fired up about winning games and championships.