Hardnose fb vs WCO

I truely hate the idea that NEbraska fades in the 3rd and 4th qtrs, with hardnose football this use to be the best part of the game, when Nebraska would hammer the ball over and over down the middle or option making the D tired gasping for air or off the field nursing them selves.

Nebraska use to control the clock, its hard for a team to score if they dont get their O on the field, this is partly due to the passing abilities or disabilities of Dailey and partly due to a coach who doesnt beleave in Nebraska style football, I wanted to pass a little more when solich was hc but that was because he would run the ball when the D was over loading the box it just made sence.

Callahan just seems to want to pass 40 times per game no matter what, 3 in the box doesnt matter here comes another pass play.... Solich had some ruff spots in his time as HC but at least he knew what Nebraska football was all about, Callahan on the other hand has no idea, The team doesnt look the way they use to they are not fired up but wrather seem to be going threw the motions until the end of the game, thats a coaching problem, they dont look rdy for games and they are playing way below the ability that ithey have.

Call me a hater or what have you, I love NEbraska I have been a fan for years daiting back to when sungrove was QB.

I hope things turn out different than what I see them doing in the last two games only time will tell and it all depends on what NEbraska team shows up to the final two games that is what will determin the possibility of a bowl game.

Rushing yardage wise the only differnece is the qb position. We are going to have a 1000 yard rushing tailback, something that didn't happen the last two years. Crap 2002 Diedrick had 14 games and didn't make it 1000 yards. We have ran the ball more then we have passed it. The last four or five years the first option on running plays was the quarterback. I don't know if I would call that smashmouth. I guess Penn St was a smashmouth game last year when we ran it 72 freakin times.

Rushing yardage wise the only differnece is the qb position. We are going to have a 1000 yard rushing tailback, something that didn't happen the last two years. Crap 2002 Diedrick had 14 games and didn't make it 1000 yards. We have ran the ball more then we have passed it. The last four or five years the first option on running plays was the quarterback. I don't know if I would call that smashmouth. I guess Penn St was a smashmouth game last year when we ran it 72 freakin times.

You beat me to it.

Ross is pretty close to 1000 yards rushing now. That didn't happen last year at that position. Lord did have 1160 yards, but like you said the only difference, really, in rushing is that Dailey doesn't run in this offense.

hatred

someting tells me that you might actually want to read a post b4 you reply to it or maby your just sending one word post to build money so it looks like you post here all the time I dont know

Nope, just stating that all you do is hate. You post variations of the same 3 belligerant rants all the time to build up posts.

hatred

someting tells me that you might actually want to read a post b4 you reply to it or maby your just sending one word post to build money so it looks like you post here all the time I dont know

Nope, just stating that all you do is hate. You post variations of the same 3 belligerant rants all the time to build up posts.

Bah dont care anymore, this has been a year of not can we win this game its more how bad are we going to get beat and howmany INTs can we throw.

as far as rushing yards go I dont care about that all that much because hitting a thousand is great but its not the same running game the smashmouth football puts a d on there heals and come end of 3rd they are tired and you can run over them...

Rushing yardage wise the only differnece is the qb position.  We are going to have a 1000 yard rushing tailback, something that didn't happen the last two years.  Crap 2002 Diedrick had 14 games and didn't make it 1000 yards.  We have ran the ball more then we have passed it.  The last four or five years the first option on running plays was the quarterback.  I don't know if I would call that smashmouth.  I guess Penn St was a smashmouth game last year when we ran it 72 freakin times.

as far as rushing yards go I dont care about that all that much because hitting a thousand is great but its not the same running game the smashmouth football puts a d on there heals and come end of 3rd they are tired and you can run over them...

Maybe when we had the hogs up front. We haven't had an o-line like that for a few years.

whatever. all i can say is how damn cool was it to see Kriewald rumble for a huge gain at the end of the game.!!! figured you old schooler wud be lovin that. just kinda funny that we are running this WCO and then a fullback blast puts us in psoition for our only score of the game. so cool.

I, for one, was elated to see Jon K. ramble down the field.

I, for two, was elated to see them try it again on the next play.

I, for three, pumped my fist in the air and shouted to Devaney above when Bill trotted out Dyches and kicked that shutout into Stoops, Venables, and Pellinis grills on the final play.

(Not to mention that the line in LV was OU -29 1/2 and I took the Huskers. At 30-0 I was a loser and at 30-3, I win, I WIN, I WIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNN!)

:horns2

:up Take that Bo!

The HReb

holy crap no shyte?~!!!! wow that is friggin nutz! so cool tho. i always love to see those slimeball bokeys get it handed to them especially at the end like that . you just know another dozen or so bokes jumped off their roofs when he hit that FB.

and btw Rev Reb, its actually Stevie Kriewald! :)

lol HuskerRebel. I thought that field goal said a few things. Screw Bo Pelini, you aren't getting a shutout, not on the Huskers this year, not ever. And Oklahoma-Nebraska, it's still a rivalry. They dominated the whole way, but they wouldn't get the pleasure of a shutout.

lol HuskerRebel. I thought that field goal said a few things. Screw Bo Pelini, you aren't getting a shutout, not on the Huskers this year, not ever. And Oklahoma-Nebraska, it's still a rivalry. They dominated the whole way, but they wouldn't get the pleasure of a shutout.

I can't believe we've been reduced to celebrating a last second field goal that beat the 30 pt. spread. And some people in here refuse to believe how far we've sunk in one year. I think it's really sad, personally.