Now we find out who the TRUE fans are

I disagree. This is Nebraska and we have a higher standard. We don't expect to win every game, but we do expect any athlete wearing a Nebraska uniform to play with heart and for the coaches to actually care and it's obvious we aren't getting that right now and we don't need to sit there having our noses rubbed in it.

You don't think the very same thing could be said about Packer fans when the franchise went into decline after Lombardi left?

Real fans call for improvement, but stick with their team and sell out the stadium. Fairweather fans jump ship.

It must have been hell waitng all those years so you could get up on your soapbox and claim I was RIGHT about the Husker fans.

Husker fans will talk a big game about not going but they will sell out and keep going to games. Next week I predict instead of walking out in mass there will be booing and chanting if the teams plays the same way.

:yeah

I absolutely agree. Makes me feel embarassed and ashamed. WE ARE NEBRASKA! I can't wait to be there next week. I WILL wear RED and I WILL be LOUD!! To the VERY end......... GO BIG RED!!!

In the paper they said half the 97 Nebraska team left at half time but your probably a better fan then them to right?

[

As for boycotting the games; let's see if the Huskers can take a lesson from Packer fans and continue selling out the stadium through the lean years.

Two things to NEVER do:

NEVER boo your own players (which goes for booing the coaches too. If you boo them it could be confused as booing the players.) Standing in silence can be a much more classy and just as effective manner of showing your disgust with the product on the field.

NEVER stop going to the game!! This does send the message you want the coaches and administration to receive but this isn't how you want them to receive it! Have fun at the tailgate, paint your faces, get your cob heads on and be there for the team! Trust me, when you are at Nebraska, the bottom line isn't how much $$ you bring in, it's how much $ you bring in and how much you win! So, by boycotting the game you will affect the $ aspect a little but, the losses will hurt much worse! Just take a look around at what is being said about Nebraska and you can see how much more pain that loss causes versus losing 5-10K from the game.

One final thought, deciding to not attend games doesn't make you a fair-weathered fan. It is a way to object to the product on the field and it might expedite the change in head coach. Or, it might not, but it's still up to the individual to determine the plan that they think is best!

Just my opinion, doesn't make it right.

Boomer Sooner!!

I just love how some can claim they are REAL fans cause they stayed until the bitter end. Or claim that booing is not right. So I should stay until the end shut-up and root for the team, even when the team is playing lousy? How is a fan to show his/her disgust for what has happened to this once proud program? I should just sit and clap with a blind loyaly to the team, cheer with a mindless blindfaith in a coaching staff no matter what? If the whole offensive line came out and lined up backwards should I cheer? should I stay until the end if there were a defense with its helmets on backwards? At some point the king is naked no matter what the REAL fans say or do.

I just love how some can claim they are REAL fans cause they stayed until the bitter end. Or claim that booing is not right. So I should stay until the end shut-up and root for the team, even when the team is playing lousy? How is a fan to show his/her disgust for what has happened to this once proud program? I should just sit and clap with a blind loyaly to the team, cheer with a mindless blindfaith in a coaching staff no matter what? If the whole offensive line came out and lined up backwards should I cheer? should I stay until the end if there were a defense with its helmets on backwards? At some point the king is naked no matter what the REAL fans say or do.

You can do what you want and no one else really has a right to say anything about it.

Just my 2 cents: I expect everyone (including myself) to give 110%. When that isn't happening I am not going to give up on that person or persons. I expect (because I've witnessed it many times) class from Nebraska fans. I feel that it is much classier to be silent and stay the entire game. You aren't staying for anything other than the players. Even though they have not put out 110% effort they deserve to have classy fans.

I left one Nebraska game early: Colorado at Nebraska in 2003, with 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter. I have regretted it ever since. I was at the USC game and although my brother wanted to leave early, I said I was going to stay and clap for the victorious team.

The bottom line: it's only when you hold yourself to a higher standard that you can begin to expect it of others.

If I lived in Lincoln and was at the game I would've booed and left. I could go into the list of how many shirts I own, etc. but it's OK if you think you are a bigger fan than me. Its also OK if you think I am a fair weather fan bc/ I just don't care. Your grand reward is patting yourself on the back.

Sports are entertainment. I have limited time and money. Sometimes the product isn't worthy of my time and money. I also have a life and priorities outside of Husker ball. My grand reward is spending time with my kids, riding my bike, getting caught up on work, a number of things.

I'll probably still stream the audio and check scores on-line but I won't be making the investment I was before. What is happening now is not husker football and so I don't have to support it.

Sitting in the stands to the very end regardless of the score, spending your money regardless of what happens, cheering at the worst football we've ever played doesn't make you a true fan. It makes you a sucker. (not aimed at anyone in particular, just my opinion).

I live in Colorado. The Rockies are selling out right now. I was at the play-in game against the Padres and there were fans there with old jerseys, hats, and shirts from years past. I didn't see fair weather fans. I saw people who love baseball and the Rockies who had withheld their support in protest of how they felt the team was being run.

this is shaky territory...most of us have not been alive to see anything like this...when anyone questions my fandom in wanting them to lose, so the program can move forward...i tell them...this is not the team I was a fan of...this is not who I grew up rooting for....

yep. This team has been hi-jacked from Husker nation. It is OK to let the powers that be know we are not amused.

I've been thinking the same thing all day. I'm afraid that without a really really horrible collapse Cos will go but Cally will stay. I think we may need to lose out to get rid of Pedy, Cally and the rest. Its uncomfortable to think that way.