how much money does callahan get if fired monday

I love how everyone keeps suggesting to offer the new AD job to TO...I have a lot of respect for TO and I know that he would never take an interim AD job for UNL.

1. He went out on top, why would he come back to such a mess?

2. He doesn't wanna make the decision to fire BC.

3. He is an old man now, coming back to UNL doesn't seem likely to be in his future.

I'm sure there are a few out there who agree with me and have more, better points that I haven't thought of.

I love how everyone keeps suggesting to offer the new AD job to TO...I have a lot of respect for TO and I know that he would never take an interim AD job for UNL.

3. He is an old man now, coming back to UNL doesn't seem likely to be in his future.

I'm sure there are a few out there who agree with me and have more, better points that I haven't thought of.

I don't think BC would coach for TO. There is alot of anomosity on BC's part towards Tom. I think if they even name Tom interim, Bill would resign. Tom spoke to this years players and he commented that he didn't think they would ask him back.

I don't think BC would coach for TO. There is alot of anomosity on BC's part towards Tom. I think if they even name Tom interim, Bill would resign. Tom spoke to this years players and he commented that he didn't think they would ask him back.

Maybe that's the plan. Get rid of AD, name TO as interim, thus forcing BC's resignation. They probably don't have to buy out the contract if he resigns.

I'd like to see the quote where Tom O said he didn't think they would ask him back. I'd also love to see a transcript of what he said to the players........

I'll have to see if I can find it. I didn't find it in a Nebraska paper.

Maybe that's the plan. Get rid of AD, name TO as interim, thus forcing BC's resignation. They probably don't have to buy out the contract if he resigns.

I'd like to see the quote where Tom O said he didn't think they would ask him back. I'd also love to see a transcript of what he said to the players........

I'll have to see if I can find it. I didn't find it in a Nebraska paper.

I'll see if I can find it again.

He's already at UNL.

that comment was made tounge in cheek, after NU got spanked.

i dont think that there would be a problem with BC coaching with TO as the AD

I'm sure therAssociated Press - October 13, 2007 7:05 PM ET

LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) - Nebraska coaching legend Tom Osborne addressed the current Cornhusker football team yesterday.

Osborne says he talked about things important to the 1997 national championship team that he thought might be relevant today.

Quarterback Sam Keller said Osborne spoke of the makeup of Nebraska's greatest teams, about their moxie and guts and how they didn't accept losing.

Keller says he and his teammates are striving to be like that.

Before yesterday, Osborne said he had never been invited to talk to a Callahan team. After Nebraska's 45-14 loss to Oklahoma State, Osborne doesn't know if he'll be invited back.

He said, quote, "I must have done a poor job."

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

e are a few out there who agree with me and have more, better points that I haven't thought of.

Associated Press - October 13, 2007 7:05 PM ET

LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) - Tom Osborne said he enjoyed seeing his players from the unbeaten 1997 Nebraska team.

The 45-14 loss to Oklahoma State wasn't nearly as enjoyable.

The Nebraska coaching legend says he feels bad for the players and coaches.

Osborne retired in 1997 after winning 60 of his last 63 games and national championships in 3 of his last four years.

He says he's not qualified to talk publicly about the state of the program today because he isn't around the team every day.

He says it would do no good for him to comment. He says he just wants the team to know it has his support.

It's on KLKN TV. I couldn't get it to load. Sorry