What about Barry Alverez?

he has Husker ties, even though it has been a few years, but he has only been the AD at Wisconson for 1 year now. Do you think that he would come to NU?

Definately think he would and he would be my first choice to be honest with you. He is very proud of his Husker backround and knows what it means to be a Husker. :thumbs

I mentioned him in some other posts and there was little excitment but aside from TO he seems the best candidate.

He has experience and NU ties.

Also in the last couple years Wisc has been a top 10 team (or close to it) in football, hoops, and hockey (yes, they do play college hockey at some schools).

he has Husker ties, even though it has been a few years, but he has only been the AD at Wisconson for 1 year now. Do you think that he would come to NU?

I would seriously doubt it --- it would be a major step down for him (or at least a step down). The Wisconsin athletic program is well ahead of the NU program at present (ahead of NU in the Sears cup by a wide margin every year for this decade). Wisconsin is in the bigger media and bigger money conference. Wisconsin's football program is also in better shape than is NU football (yes NU has better FB facilities and history --- but the Wisconsin program in football is a fringe top 25 program and NU is well below that, currently).

I doubt seriously that he would consider it. Unless of course we throw exorbitant $$$ his way with an offer he cannot refuse.