Congratulations Huskers

You know, I sound like some bleeding heart. But it IS important to me and I have a great deal of respect for you guys (and gals!). I'm 46, and remember the good old days and hope that it returns, at least in terms of Nebraska getting the respect that it deserves. Sorry to be so teary eyed but I love the Big 8 days and our Thanksgiving Day games. Can anyone blame me?

It was when times were good. I know change happens, but why can't we change back?

I look forward to the rebirth of Nebraska football.

You know, I sound like some bleeding heart. But it IS important to me and I have a great deal of respect for you guys (and gals!). I'm 46, and remember the good old days and hope that it returns, at least in terms of Nebraska getting the respect that it deserves. Sorry to be so teary eyed but I love the Big 8 days and our Thanksgiving Day games. Can anyone blame me?

It was when times were good. I know change happens, but why can't we change back?

I look forward to the rebirth of Nebraska football.

Same sentiment here brother, I hate the Big 12 and all the step children.

To me college football is Oklahoma and Nebraska, I might be bias but that's how I see it.

Those two teams flat out smacking each other around for football supremacy

Go Sooners and Bring home the NC this year.

I know this is only my opinion, and I'm an outsider, but I think what happened today confirms that the Husker Nation is ready to do something about what I perceived to be a mess. I don't know how an AD or coach for that matter could take a storied program like Nebraska and reduce it to mediocrity, but apparently they did, and NOW the Husker Nation has said "We aren't going to take it anymore!"

I hope you choose one of the best coaches in the nation and you return to prominence in spectacular fashion as soon as possible. You have the facilities, the talent, and especially the support of some of the best fans in college football.

We are all excited about the removal of Steve Peterson. There will be dancing in the streets. As my grandmother once told me, "The only person worse than a lier is a person who lies to you with a smile on his face". This was Steve Peterson. He was an egotistical nightmare for the University of Nebraska. We are all hoping that Tom Osborne will play a significant role in being the interim AD so that we can begin the process of getting this storied program back on track. Believe me, it is not the lack of talent that we have here at NU. It is just that the kids are not buying into the direction the coaches want them to go. They are 18-22 yr old kids, not seasoned NFL players. They need a system that allows them to play, not intimidating. We seriously appreciate a Sooner on our side of the fence. I remember all to well the stress the Sooner Nation had to endure under Gibbs, Snellenburger, and Blake. Please gather your Sooner fans for our support. Thanks again.

This, I remember. And you deserved it Husker fans. In honor of one of the greatest wins of all time by one of the greatest college football teams ever assembled.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGRObEtGXY4

It's what is in store for you in the future as you return to the greatness that is Nebraska football.

Man, I'll never forget that game. Then there was watching the game at my grandparent's home on Thanksgiving. Good memories. Holy man, woman and child.\! Johnny the jet Rogers just ran 'em out of their shoes!

I know this is only my opinion, and I'm an outsider, but I think what happened today confirms that the Husker Nation is ready to do something about what I perceived to be a mess. I don't know how an AD or coach for that matter could take a storied program like Nebraska and reduce it to mediocrity, but apparently they did, and NOW the Husker Nation has said "We aren't going to take it anymore!"

I hope you choose one of the best coaches in the nation and you return to prominence in spectacular fashion as soon as possible. You have the facilities, the talent, and especially the support of some of the best fans in college football.

Thanks! I can honestly say that I wished well for OU when they were having their issues 10 years ago. I think it's good for the Big 12 to have OU-NU as a rivalry.

Just an Aggie here echoing the sentiment Soonerfan expressed...

I think not only Sooner fans but fans all over the college football world are rooting for the Huskers to come out of this.

Behind the Ags, the Huskers are my favorite college team. I even forked over the money to fly to Kansas City last December and cheer them on in the Big 12 Championship game. I hope you guys do return to national football prominence where you belong. Hopefully the Aggies will follow in your footsteps and get rid of Fran sooner rather than later. I think both schools deserve better.

Good luck in your search for a new HC and AD! (Even to the Husker that said the rest of the Big 12 members are just stepchildren... <_< )

And for the Sooners posting in here...I will see y'all in Norman on November 3rd! It'll be my first trip up there. Hopefully y'all don't lay another 77-0 @sswhooping on us, especially after Fran's ill-advised comments at the beginning of the season.