One thing bothers me about all this

I have not been a Pederson fan since his arrival but I do not take joy in what has occurred with him. Maybe it's because I am 52 and have been through to many organizational changes to shake a stick at or maybe I actually do have some compassion for my fellow man.

Never the less I never take joy when some one else is down this is just contrary to all I have been taught.

Yes change needed to be made but its not a time to celebrate.

Enough said GBR!

I don't think we're jubilant over the end of another human being's career...whether it be Perderson, Cally, Coz, or the guy at McDonald's who works double shifts.

But personally I can't feel much sadness towards someone who gets a 2.2 million dollar buy out. If it were any other normal hard working joe he'd get a pink slip with a two week notice to clear out his desk. THAT is the guy I would feel compassion towards. I think Pederson will be fine and most likely will find a spot somewhere soon.

I just think everyone is happy that a change IS being made

I have not been a Pederson fan since his arrival but I do not take joy in what has occurred with him. Maybe it's because I am 52 and have been through to many organizational changes to shake a stick at or maybe I actually do have some compassion for my fellow man.

Never the less I never take joy when some one else is down this is just contrary to all I have been taught.

Yes change needed to be made but its not a time to celebrate.

Enough said GBR!

I know there are those out there who are finding joy in his demise. I for one don't find any joy in a man losing his job and basically being disgraced in front of his fellow Nebraskans. I for one thought he was the perfect fit when hired 5 years ago.

That said, no one can deny the "mockery" he has made of Nebraska football and I know that I, as a manager in the work place, have a responsibility to those with a vested interest, to insure people are doing there jobs and doing them well. Fact is, Pederson wasn't doing the job. I'm sure he'll be just fine.

I don't feel sorry for him at all. He did this all to himself.

Perlman was a lot more diplomatic about it than when SP fired Solich.

As a former athlete at Nebraska (Not Football), I can tell you that former athletes were being allienated from the programs. It started with football but other sports were heading that way.

Part of me feels bad for Pedey, but then I remind myself that he was the cause of several longtimers going through the same process..I also don't feel all that vindicated when I see a Murderer put to death.(It doesn't bring anyone back).

I do feel very bad for his family (Especially his kids), and hope he becomes a better person for this.

I don't think many folks are finding joy in someone being fired. In this particular case, I have heard of several cases where he alienated people and made people feel extremely uncomfortable in doing their jobs. With that being said, you reap what you sow. Some of the folks he pissed off were die hard huskers. You can't disrespect anyone. Talking down to people and acting like your word is law, is only going to get you canned in the end. There are so many people in positions of power who treat folks like that, it's insane. It was only a matter of time.

Now....if he treated people a different way, I guarantee we wouldn't be having this discussion.

I feel bad when somebody gets fired too. But when I think about it, he's getting over 2 million payed off to him. So I don't feel bad anymore. F*CK him.

Yes, it will take me about between 15 to 20 years at my job to make $2 mill, so, no, I don't feel the least bit sorry for him. When you are getting paid that kind of money - results are all that matters.

And by the way - it goes even moreso for Callahan.