Is there anyway we can win this weekend?

With all that has happened the last few days, is there anyway our players will be focused enough to even play? Not that it would really matter because they havent looked ready to play all year. I just foresee them not getting much done as far as film study and practice this week. I am hoping maybe the distraction will keep them from over thinking the game and they will just play, but i have a feeling that is just wishful thinking.

NU 13

aTm 42

Imagine if Fran was free in 03, he would likely have been the NU HC and he would have run the option, kept the walkons and embraced the former players and legacy of Big Red football, oops he went to Aggie Land and died!

what does that have to do with the topic at hand???

Imagine if Fran was free in 03, he would likely have been the NU HC and he would have run the option, kept the walkons and embraced the former players and legacy of Big Red football, oops he went to Aggie Land and died!

IMO, the first thing NU needs to do is sit Sam Keller down. He's been intercepted in every game he's played this year - 11 in all - and seems to have no fire in him at all and no leadership ability. Give Ganz a chance. And keep those freshman running backs in too.

If Callahan goes with the SOP, you'll see another loss.

IMO, the first thing NU needs to do is sit Sam Keller down. He's been intercepted in every game he's played this year - 11 in all - and seems to have no fire in him at all and no leadership ability. Give Ganz a chance. And keep those freshman running backs in too.

:lol:

Agreed. Keller might have the most talent, but i think a Ganz/Castille led offense would pack a punch. Fired and up and ready to go, i think we'd do a LOT better

I must be slow today, but what is "SOP"?

I must be slow today, but what is "SOP"?

SOP = Standard Operating Procedures. Callahan is too predictable. That's how the 95th rated defense (MU) kept them out of the end zone.

I think it's a 50/50 tossup on who wins the game Saturday. The Aggies haven't been playing with any real passion, and they definitely seemed to give up during the loss in Lubbock last weekend. We can't defend against he pass....period. We play zone defense, and give every receiver at least 5 yards cushion before we even try to get to them. Add in some horribly ridiculous play-calling on Coach Fran's part, and there's a very good chance the Ags go home with another loss.

Glad to see the Huskers are taking steps to fix what Pederson and Callahan have ruined. NU is my favorite team (besides the Ags, of course). I only hope Bill Byrne follows suit very soon and gets rid of Fran. I don't want to have to compete with you guys for the next HC.

Agreed. Keller might have the most talent, but i think a Ganz/Castille led offense would pack a punch. Fired and up and ready to go, i think we'd do a LOT better

I thought this was a joke the first time. Castille should obviously be playing a lot of downs. And actually, he was last week.

Keller has thrown 10 picks, not 11; but he's also thrown 11 TDs. When your opponent is scoring on EVERY possession, the QB is forced to try to make some plays that just aren't there. Our receivers have been dropping a rediculous number of balls the past few weeks. Ganz would not have done any better.

As far as leadership ability goes, it was Keller that refused to shut it down in the fourth quarter against USC, it was Keller that lit up the field to lead us to a win against Ball St when our defense couldn't stop Nate Davis, it was Keller who broke our single game passing yards mark, it is Keller who is consistently infront of the media after games shouldering responsibility for the team.

As far as I'm concerned, it's Keller that's been let down by the rest of this team. If you want the implosion to be complete, go ahead and bench him.

no we won't win this weekend.. it'll be somewhat similiar to last week only not as bad. I know we're taking steps in rebuilding the program but you know that can't be done in just a few days. Give it some time and the table will be turned

I agree with mixing it up a little bit.. give the newbs a good amount of playtime

gbR

This weekend we find out if the any of the players has any faith in the coaching staff. If they come to play then we have our answer and all is not lost. If they don't show up again then the season is over. The removal of SP from his post is truly a shot across the bow for the entire coaching staff. With out a doubt Coz's days are numbered. In all likelihood so are the days of this entire staff. If ever there was a reason for this team to band together this season it is now. We will know come Saturday.