A heads up to the next coach.....Don't mess with the walkon program

mwj98

His basic philosophy on people working for him: you hire high character people, with a good work ethic, and let them know what you expect of them and everything will work itself out in the long run.

I will not be suprised at all if there is no "house cleaning" at the end of the season. Then again, if expectations are not met (which he basically made sure to say that people will know what his expectations are right away and how they are doing all along the way), there definitely could be.

I am glad Callahan cut the fat with the walk-on program. Tell me exactly what you are going to do with upwards of 180 people on a god damn football roster? Please, I really wanna hear it.

You can get all the 5 star recruits in the world but sometimes they don't pan out. If you get a freshman class of 80 oppossed to 50, you've got a better chance of having more D1 caliber players as the class develops

I will not be suprised at all if there is no "house cleaning" at the end of the season. Then again, if expectations are not met (which he basically made sure to say that people will know what his expectations are right away and how they are doing all along the way), there definitely could be.

I agree with this 100%.

I am glad Callahan cut the fat with the walk-on program. Tell me exactly what you are going to do with upwards of 180 people on a god damn football roster? Please, I really wanna hear it.

You can get all the 5 star recruits in the world but sometimes they don't pan out. If you get a freshman class of 80 oppossed to 50, you've got a better chance of having more D1 caliber players as the class develops

Sorry, but 180 players won't fly. You'd like to carry players on the team that are simply there for the free food and being able to tell people that they play for Nebraska? Read Diary of a Husker.

/thread.

Sorry, but 180 players won't fly. You'd like to carry players on the team that are simply there for the free food and being able to tell people that they play for Nebraska? Read Diary of a Husker.

/thread.

You sound like someone thats bitter they couldn't make it on as a walkon or did you have to fit the bill for the food? <_<

/thread.

Well, you could have 8 scrimmages all going on at the same time for one thing - or, you could have 80 people running stairs while the other 80 practiced - maybe take 40 out to wash the staff's cars? I could think of a lot of things productive that 180 people could do.