More changes coming?

This goes against what Osborne said yesterday in his press conference. He said that the staff won't change until after the year. Even then maybe not.

So who's lying?

Not true....TO said HE "won't make any changes" that doesn't mean coaches won't resign and the TO must replace coaches or change roles.

Perlman and TO have been skating the line like politicians with their speak....so has Cally.

This goes against what Osborne said yesterday in his press conference. He said that the staff won't change until after the year. Even then maybe not.

So who's lying?

Why would you say something like "We're gonna fire BC this week" Instead say "We have decided that this is best for the program right now" when you do it

And last week and Sat night PUD said no immediate changes were coming and yet he was already getting fired and he knew it. TO was offered the job Sunday night and Perlman avoided that on Monday. This is how it works so that nobody looks too bad. They are doing right by Cally, so Cally will do right by them and resign.

So who's lying?

There is going to be alot of back door info until its all said and done. Its just all about waiting till its all over with and we get what we get.

I am new to this forum so I am chiming in for the first time. I was at student at UNL from 2000-2006 and attended every football game at home and some away and bowl games as well. I do enjoy college football and other sports for what they are worth. Forums are obviously a great place to share your thoughts, feelings opinions, etc. No one will ever know for sure the reasoning behind all of these changes. Sure we will know a lot but there are plenty of details left unsaid that is not for public concern. As for right now, you can't tell the media everything, you can't let all of the possibilities out of the bag.

So I guess it makes sense for people to think that TO is lying now, or Cally is lying or what ever you want to think. These people are in a professional job like many others out there. Others have said it, but matters whether good or bad should be handled in a professional manner in the public eye and away from the public.

This was posted on another board from a guy who had the very early (and reliable) scoop on Steve Pederson and Tom Osborne:

Callahan, Cos, Elmo, and Wagner were asked to resign over the weekend, and again yesterday before the press conference. All refused.

They may be all dismissed anyway, sooner rather than later. Maybe very soon. The remaining assistants would have the opportunity for retention under a new head coach.

Osborne agreed to these changes in principle before being hired as AD.

The interim plan could call for Watson as OC, Busch as DC, and Charlie McBride as interim HC!

Bo Pelini has been in contact with Tom Osborne and is VERY interested in the head coaching job.

This was posted with a caveat that lawyers are involved and things may change, but that is what is happening right now.

If Bo Pelini has contacted anyone regarding this job, I would be VERY surprised. If he has, why would you want him? If he is a DC for a team that is making a run at the MNC and is contacting other schools about jobs that aren't even open, he sounds like a major opportunist. This is NOT what Nebraska needs.

If Pelini is the next coach at Nebraska, I will eat someone's red N hat...

So we don't want anyone who wants the job or anyone who doesn't want the job. We need to find the most indifferent person we can. :)

This was posted on another board from a guy who had the very early (and reliable) scoop on Steve Pederson and Tom Osborne:

Callahan, Cos, Elmo, and Wagner were asked to resign over the weekend, and again yesterday before the press conference. All refused.

They may be all dismissed anyway, sooner rather than later. Maybe very soon. The remaining assistants would have the opportunity for retention under a new head coach.

Osborne agreed to these changes in principle before being hired as AD.

The interim plan could call for Watson as OC, Busch as DC, and Charlie McBride as interim HC!

Bo Pelini has been in contact with Tom Osborne and is VERY interested in the head coaching job.

This was posted with a caveat that lawyers are involved and things may change, but that is what is happening right now.

If Bo Pelini has contacted anyone regarding this job, I would be VERY surprised. If he has, why would you want him? If he is a DC for a team that is making a run at the MNC and is contacting other schools about jobs that aren't even open, he sounds like a major opportunist. This is NOT what Nebraska needs.

If Pelini is the next coach at Nebraska, I will eat someone's red N hat...

So we don't want anyone who wants the job or anyone who doesn't want the job. We need to find the most indifferent person we can. :)

You definitely want someone that wants the job but, like I said, they need to be able to temper that.

Besides, does anyone REALLY believe that Bo called Dr. Tom already...

IBR, what's your gut instict on bringing back Bo P.? I know it's early in the process but as you've mentioned this has been going on for a few days and there's no way in the world that we aren't talking to a few potential canidates off the record.

I'm on the Bo P. bandwagon and was absoluetely disgusted when we didn't keep him here the 1st time as a HC. yes, he's got fire in his gut and he brings a toughness to the table that we've lacked since his departure...younger version of Charlie Mac in my opinion.

I know I'm reaching for some insite that's probably not there yet BUT man that would be awesome!!!!!!!!

So who's lying?

Not true....TO said HE "won't make any changes" that doesn't mean coaches won't resign and the TO must replace coaches or change roles.

Perlman and TO have been skating the line like politicians with their speak....so has Cally.

Exactly. He clearly left the door open to resignations.