What Will TO Do?

I like T.O, but what makes you think he won't give Callahan as much time as we gave him in the 70's...people didnt even want him as our coach when he was hired they wanted kiffen..people were mad at him going 9-3...tho 4-4 is bad right now....so....he will give callahan more of a chance...and it will be until we are last in the big 12 before he knows what he should do

Dude, you're right. There were many people that didn't want Tom Osborne, I'm guessing those critics were pretty much silenced after his first two years (besides him not being able to win the "big one", but that's neither here nor there).

Go back and look at my post...actually I'll just give you the link again, these are the NU season records...starting when TO took over (1972-73 season):

http://www.huskers.com/SportSelect.dbml?SP...p;Q_SEASON=1972

Now go from there.

Even better, compare the first 4 seasons under TO (1973-77) to BC's (2004-present).

If you can't see the difference between TO and BC...please stop.

I like T.O, but what makes you think he won't give Callahan as much time as we gave him in the 70's...people didnt even want him as our coach when he was hired they wanted kiffen..people were mad at him going 9-3...tho 4-4 is bad right now....so....he will give callahan more of a chance...and it will be until we are last in the big 12 before he knows what he should do

It was a different CFB environment then, and like Grateful husker said, he didn't run our program into the ground in 4 years... Those two reason are why he was around so long.

Dan...exactly. The CFB landscape is totally different now as opposed to when TO was coaching. He's still the same honorable man who exemplifies integrity, however I do know he loves Nebraska football and doesn't want to see it tank. He'll fire Callahan at the end of the year. The players won't revolt. They have already stopped playing for BC, which speaks volumes for how much they like and respect him (not much at all) and the extreme need for change. :) :)

Dude, you're right. There were many people that didn't want Tom Osborne, I'm guessing those critics were pretty much silenced after his first two years (besides him not being able to win the "big one", but that's neither here nor there).

Go back and look at my post...actually I'll just give you the link again, these are the NU season records...starting when TO took over (1972-73 season):

http://www.huskers.com/SportSelect.dbml?SP...p;Q_SEASON=1972

Now go from there.

Even better, compare the first 4 seasons under TO (1973-77) to BC's (2004-present).

If you can't see the difference between TO and BC...please stop.

Even if you can see the difference, please stop anyway.

i mean he was talking positive to the radio people and jim rose after the game...when did losing 14-36 to Texas A and M become acceptable doctor?>

Do you honestly expect him to go out and trash talk the team and the coaching staff to the media? How old are you, 11? ADs support their teams and their coaches in public and what happens behind closed doors, happens behind closed doors. He is not at all happy with the way the season is going, he is just doing his job so let him continue to do it, when Cally is gone, things will truley change.

It's not that he doesn't have the balls...he just isn't stupid...

honestly, what do you hope to get out of firing BC right now? Taking away the coach these guys have been working with for years and giving them someone new is not going to make them play any better the next 4 weeks. The only thing you get is the personal satisfaction of seeing BC go. Might as well take your time at the end of the season when you have all your ducks in a row and know who the replacement's going to be before you start firing people. At that point you can let the new coach start from scratch

Well Watson was calling the plays in the first half of the A&M game and at halftime only down by 2. I mean the season is still salvagable. Maybe with an interim staff we could win 2 games and make it to a bowl. It's obvisiously that callahan won't win anymore games but maybe watson can? Maybe if we make it to a bowl the recruits will still wanna come to nebraska.

It's not that he doesn't have the balls...he just isn't stupid...

honestly, what do you hope to get out of firing BC right now? Taking away the coach these guys have been working with for years and giving them someone new is not going to make them play any better the next 4 weeks. The only thing you get is the personal satisfaction of seeing BC go. Might as well take your time at the end of the season when you have all your ducks in a row and know who the replacement's going to be before you start firing people. At that point you can let the new coach start from scratch

Well Watson was calling the plays in the first half of the A&M game and at halftime only down by 2. I mean the season is still salvagable. Maybe with an interim staff we could win 2 games and make it to a bowl. It's obvisiously that callahan won't win anymore games but maybe watson can? Maybe if we make it to a bowl the recruits will still wanna come to nebraska.

Cally took over complete play calling in the second half, correct? He's gotta go, my concern is still the defense, Watson took over the O, how do you uplift the D and get them to play better?

Cally is gone soon, We will send mediocre cally back to the west coast his offense came from and let him run the new franchise out of LA into the ground before they even get started.

i mean he was talking positive to the radio people and jim rose after the game...when did losing 14-36 to Texas A and M become acceptable doctor?>

He has always talked positive, no matter the situation. The guy has class. He's not gonna bash the current coach, staff or players on the media. That would look great on the media to say Yeah he's crap the team is crap were replacing him ASAP. That isn't TO

He has always talked positive, no matter the situation. The guy has class. He's not gonna bash the current coach, staff or players on the media. That would look great on the media to say Yeah he's crap the team is crap were replacing him ASAP. That isn't TO

:yeah It is called being professional. It is called maturity. It is called class. You may try these things out.

whatver you say..i honestly think he wont fire callahan despite the rumors...he would have fired him by now...why wait for us to lose our last 4 or 5 games?

According to your birthday you were all of 5 years old when Osborne finished his run, you probably don't have much of an opinion about his football knowledge.

In the grand scheme of things what does 4 or 5 games matter?

I personally think he doesn't want to look like he is getting revenge for SP firing Solich before the bowl game. He is just showing that he is a bigger man than SP and that is why we all respect him so much... because he is being the man we all believe he should be no matter how bad want want BC gone.

----------------

Now playing: Thrice - Firebreather

----------------

Now playing: Thrice - Kings Upon the Main

What you heard was halftime and it was 14-16 and he said the team was competing hard, which at the time they were. The funny thing is right after he left the booth the game went to crap.