What Will TO Do?

I dont see anyway Cally can survive this, even if he does i see him quitting. But if TO decides it's NU best interest to give Cally another chance I will be fine with it. TO obviously is closer to the program than any of us and knows 100x more about the program than us, so i will follow his lead. If TO tells you to jump, ask How high? If TO tells you to eat glass, ask How much? If TO tells you to follow him into the depths of a burning inferno, just look straight ahead and follow.

yeah I would give him the benefit of the doubt. he himself said that there are parts of the job that he is not prepared to take on. coaching is certainly not one of them. he understands what it takes to have a winning program. If he sees something in cally that makes him think that the current problems can be solved, then yeah I trust him, because he is qualified to make that call.

I think TO needs to go the comittee route this time. I believe we could have done a lot better than Solich after the '97 season. Nebraska was a pretty attractive job, then. If we get some more knowlegable opinions brainstorming, I think the final selection will be less controversial, and therefore, have more universal support. TO should come back and HELP fix the mess he had a hand in creating, not just make the same mistake that Pedersen made by conducting a one man search. A rather embarassing search at that. ?HOUSTON NUTT? He really tied his boat of success to whomever he hired, which ultimately clouded his judgement in offering the extension.....Whatever, all I'm saying is, enough with the one man search crews. We're MIA and we need all hands available to find the true NEBRASKA CORNHUSKERS.

Just out of curiosity, have there ever been any thoughts on the possibility of having Turner Gill as a head coach? It seems that he has started some good things at Buffalo and they seem to be more competitive this year. Just curious.

many are against it, but most really dont have a legit reason why.... they just dont. I personally would prefer him get a little more experience, but if we end up in the same situation as last time, I would consider him. actually the only other reason I have heard is that people are scared he will be like john Blake. simply because they both played at the school before coaching.....I think the comparison is quite a stretch

John Blake! Boy that stirs the pot in Sooner Nation! The funny thing is JB could recruit the talent! I guess he was just not sure where to place it during gametime. I never will completely understand those years. I see what you mean about experience. Nothing like having it.

Are there any other current home grown coaches that would respect the traditions and completely restore the walk-on program. I always found that to be so cool. A good strengh and conditioning coach can do wonders.

I could accept a TO decision to keep BC around...BUT...I really doubt that's going to happen. I trust TO to do a fair and accurate evaluation of the current state of the team and the possibilities of success in the future. I also trust that he will...if necessary...find a good NEXT head coach...

My short list:

1) Paul Johnson (I think that's his name...from Navy)

2) Terry Bowden (I know...I know...gimme a break...just my opinion)

3) Turner Gill

4) Bo Pellini

John Blake! Boy that stirs the pot in Sooner Nation! The funny thing is JB could recruit the talent! I guess he was just not sure where to place it during gametime. I never will completely understand those years. I see what you mean about experience. Nothing like having it.

Are there any other current home grown coaches that would respect the traditions and completely restore the walk-on program. I always found that to be so cool. A good strengh and conditioning coach can do wonders.

That reminds me I heard a rumor that Boyd Eppley is coming back although not sure in what capacity.

That reminds me I heard a rumor that Boyd Eppley is coming back although not sure in what capacity.

I didn't think he ever left. Thought he was doing some fund raising..or project management stuff for the athletic department...

It honestly would not bother me really that much if Callahan stayed, he got rid of coz, wagner, and elmo and let watson call the plays. I mean I think he does deserve more time to at least shuffle up his staff and see what happens. On the other hand it would be damn exciting to get Pelini back and see what he can do as well.

"many are against it, but most really dont have a legit reason why.... they just dont."-melscott62

There are several reasons that one could consider "legit". He kept, allegedly, more of a .....let's say "family friendly" schedule. Which, if you're in a position to enjoy, is priceless. I can personally attest to that. However, one could legitimatelly think that we need someone who would be more committed to improving our football team. I'm not knocking him. I wouldn't make that sacrifice. There are other reasons, experience, philosophy, motivational accumen, that could be considered "legit".