What Will TO Do?

I think after Osborne makes his assessment of the current coaching staff at the end of the year we should support his decision. I might be in the minority but I believe that BC can do a great job here at NU, he just needs some TO perspective, lessons about Husker tradition and more time to climb the learning curve of college football. Have some patience with BC. While it is evident that he has lost the 5th year seniors the freshmen are the most motivated to succeed. While reading the OMH this morning Osborne has already taken positive steps to help BC realize what Husker tradition is really about.

Step #1. TO gave the OK to take the pictures of the football All-Americans out of storage. WTF!!! Stevie P. didn't think it was important to put the pictures of our former Husker greats on the walls of the north stadium project ???

Step #2. Osborne sent an e-mail on Wednesday to former players informing them that he was offering a limited supply of sideline passes to remaining games.

Step #3. He is going to expand the walk-on program.

:woo:woo:woo:woo

Have some patience with BC? He needs to learn the college game? Correct me if I'm wrong, but he has according to himself 30 years of coaching experience. Some if not a lot of that was in the college ranks as an offensive line coach. I mean BC was quoted in the OWH as stating he thinks he's doing a good job here. Some people are not good at their job. You can give them time and every available tool you can think of but the end result will be the same. You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make him drink!

If Oz kept Cally, I wouldn't be that upset, b/c I believe in his offense...sorta.

I absolutely don't believe Cally will be kept unless he gets rid of his defensive staff...the whole thing.

That might save his job, but his offense had better start producing again.

I seriously doubt Cally will still be around 15 seconds after the season is over unless this team shows a HUGE turnaround.

I think if Neb has a chance to get a guy like BO or some other young up and coming coach we get them now an fire Cally. Bill has had 4 years now an hasent got the job done, its time to move on. I trust TO will do whats best for the football team and I will support time with whatever he decides. I think you bring in a guy like Bo so TO can help him along to make him the best damn coach out there..

I saw someone had mentioned Paul Johnson as a possible candidate? Is there any interest in returning to option football? I always hear that in today's day and age the option will not work, but I am not buying into that. Granted scores go from 45-34 to 28-17 but a win is a win. Something about watching that PERFECT pitch and sprint down the sideline gets me going more than that 80 yard bomb ever did? My heart always races when I see someone line up in the old I, the bone, or the flex.

Is this kind of like a WWJD thread? Are we suppose to ask ourselves in every action of our lives W.W.TO.D? Let the man do his job - there is a reason SP is out and TO is in, it is the faith of the administration that TO will do what he thinks is best for the good of the program, no ego feeding, no re-writing history, no knee-jerk reactions.

to me if he wins 3 more games and keeps the rest competitive, he has earned the right to stay(esp if he wins the bowl game) that would be a best case senario really. we can replace coz, should be able to retain our recruits, and if cally doesnt win big next year we can get rid of him and keep his recruits.

that being said, I feel our basketball team has a better chance at making it to the final 4 then the above happening

He is and should be gone at the end of the year at the latest. HE's never going to come close to getting it done here.

he's baaaack

I have as much respect for Tom Osbourne as you guys...but he does not have the balls to fire anyone this season...and i wouldnt be surprised despite the rumors...that he wont fire callahan...he got 20-some years before he won a national championship...how do you know he wont give callahan that much time?

...But I belive I Bleed Red's rumors but what if they were wrong?

I have as much respect for Tom Osbourne as you guys...but he does not have the balls to fire anyone this season...and i wouldnt be surprised despite the rumors...that he wont fire callahan...he got 20-some years before he won a national championship...how do you know he wont give callahan that much time?

who do you respect?

How old are you?

I think you underestimate TO. He won't allow this crap to continue to happen. :)

You must have a lot of respect for him since you can't spell his name correctly. Seriously :asshat quick posting dumbass posts and wasting our time, go cry to you mom about this and quit putting him down. He's got to support Callahan through the season because that's the man he is. He will give a good judgmental look at the situation then and make a good decision.