who sucks more at coaching callahan or fran???

There is a funny thread on TexAgs about this very topic:

http://www.texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp...&forum_id=5

A quote from texags:

Ohh yeah?!?! Well Coach Fran will make Callahan look like General Patton leading an army of T-1000 Terminators armed with titanium clubs against a handful of baby seals huddled on the 50 yard line with a bunch of bulls-eyes painted on the back of their skulls.
:rollin

This is a pretty interesting discussion. Recruiting wise I would give the edge to Fran but he has more fertile ground to recruit from. Game day coaching before this season I would have given to Cally but not anymore, I don't think either one can manage a game anymore. The really interesting thing about tomrrow's game is you have the A&M offense that can't pass but can run all day and a Nebraska defense that can't stop the run. On the other side you have a Nebraska offense that passes a little better than it runs and an Aggie defense that can't stop the pass. It could be 110-109 by the end of the game. As far as the comment about Fran returning to 1-AA, well we already had him and I for one don't want him back, but thanks for caring.

Here's a question for all you A&M fans: Why aren't you calling for $ Byrne's head as AD? He fired Slocum and replaced him with Franchione. Don't you think he should be held accountable for what he's done to your program?

Unfortunately, it wasn't Byrne's call on firing RC and hiring Fran when he got here. It was kind of a package deal...."you can have the job, but we're bringing in Fran as well". It's pretty much known that it was the big-money boosters that forced the Fran hire. Truth be told, the vast majority of the Aggies LOVE what Byrne has done for Aggie athletics. He's made some awesome coach hirings that have rocketed us up in the rankings (i.e. men's & women's basketball, men's baseball, track & field, swimming....the list goes on). Everyone pretty much agrees this is Byrne's most significant hire of his career. And the majority of the Aggies trust whatever Byrne decides. He hasn't steered us wrong yet.

It is amazing to me how differently Huskers and Aggies view Byrne. To us, he's a savior.

Here's a question for all you A&M fans: Why aren't you calling for $ Byrne's head as AD? He fired Slocum and replaced him with Franchione. Don't you think he should be held accountable for what he's done to your program?

Unfortunately, it wasn't Byrne's call on firing RC and hiring Fran when he got here. It was kind of a package deal...."you can have the job, but we're bringing in Fran as well". It's pretty much known that it was the big-money boosters that forced the Fran hire. Truth be told, the vast majority of the Aggies LOVE what Byrne has done for Aggie athletics. He's made some awesome coach hirings that have rocketed us up in the rankings (i.e. men's & women's basketball, men's baseball, track & field, swimming....the list goes on). Everyone pretty much agrees this is Byrne's most significant hire of his career. And the majority of the Aggies trust whatever Byrne decides. He hasn't steered us wrong yet.

It is amazing to me how differently Huskers and Aggies view Byrne. To us, he's a savior.

Dollar Bill wasn't to bad, he made some good hires, and then some not good hires the problem with most husker fans had with him was he came in and raised cost and tie in's to contributions. It would have had to happen sooner or later, but when your the one that starts raising prices it dosent make you very popular.

I agree that Byrne is a decent AD, but I'm not sure about being a savior. One of the biggest strikes against him here is how he kind of let our facilities go. Pud got some kudos for putting some money into the football program to get our facilities up to snuff with the rest of the Big 12 for recruiting purposes. Everyone got on FS for not being able to land top recruits, but at the time our facilities ranked like 4th or 5th in the Big 12. Byrne was willing to jack up ticket prices and bring in additional revenue, but he wasn't willing to put that money back into the football facilities.

I will give you that Byrne can pick the talent. Bob Stoops was the man Byrne wanted to bring in and replace TO. One of my biggest knocks on Pud was his short list of people he wanted to bring in to replace Solich: Clownahan, "Stache", and Nutt(less!

IMO, if you could take the good from Byrne (attracting talent) and the good from Pud (he was a good businessman who knew where to invest money wisely back into the program) you'd see a very good athletic director. I just don't think Byrne gave Solich and his staff the tools they needed to recruit successfully.

That's so weird. Because our facilities have improved DRAMATICALLY since Byrne came on board. It might've been a combination of Byrne and Bob Gates, but they're definitely a million times better now. Part of RC's problems with recruiting stemmed from the fact that the Aggies were so far behind in facilities compared to rest of the Big 12. Fran has the facilities, and is doing less with more talen.

Heyyyy you Cornhuskers!!! Auburn fan here. I posted here often as we were preparing to play you in last year's Cotton Bowl. First I want to pass on my dissapointment in Callahan as well. I've been pulling for your team since we played you because our fans and players enjoyed your sportmanship and friendship.

As far as Texas A&M is concerned we all know the rumor about them showing some interest in our coach Tubberville. And being non biased I hope Coach Tuberville makes the best decision for hin and his family. I'd hate to lose him and hope he stays.

I don't have a lot of respect for Coach Fran. For what he did to Bama. It's one of those things, what goes around comes around. Well I think it's coming around for him now. lol

I hope you guys get your program turned around as soon as possible. Thanks for your hospitality last year and hope Nebraska makes the moves necessary to get you guys back on track soon.

Gooo Huskers and Warrrr Eagle!!!!