No Charlie McBride

He is not going to coach here

I didn't pick that up......where did it say that??????

He didn't say that it wasn't true......he said someone must have saw that and picked that up.

i will not make changes........but if cal steps down i will have to hire another coach.

it is what he is not saying that is important. I believe in IBR and skersfan.

GO BIG RED

He is not going to coach here

I didn't pick that up......where did it say that??????

He didn't say that it wasn't true......he said someone must have saw that and picked that up.

i will not make changes........but if cal steps down i will have to hire another coach.

it is what he is not saying that is important. I believe in IBR and skersfan.

GO BIG RED

Lets just say don't believe everything you read and get your hopes up.

That is an old article so it doesn't tell us much for today. But on matt p. radio show he interviewed charlie mcbride and he dismissed any rumor that he will be taking over at interim HC. So forget that its going to happen. Unless mcbride is lying through his teeth nothing will happen until the end of the season.

even if it were true.. there is no way he can come out and say its true.. when TO is vehemently denying the idea of making any changes before the end of the year, McBride can't just come out and say "Oh, yes, i will be the interim head coach of the huskers after the Texas game".. its not logical.. so of course even if it turns out to be true, he would deny it...

I believe the radio report with Charlie asked if he would confirm/deny the rumor he was coming in to take over the defense (I could certainly be wrong). As far as I have heard on the radio shows, McBride has not said he wouldn't take over the head coaching duties - he said it was ridiculous to think he would step in to take over the DC's job...

A lot of the reason that the rumor mill is going as hard as it is, seems to be from the Clinton-esque side-stepping of things:

Osborne says HE won't fire coaches (but didn't say he wasn't planning for what to do if BC and co walk off).

BC says he's not quitting (but doesn't say he can't be bought off, which in his mind is being asked to leave, not quitting).

I'd like to hear the media ask Osborne:

Have either you or any agent of the athletic department contacted either Bo Pelini or his agent (or any other coach)?

I'd like to hear the media ask Callahan:

Have either you or your agent been approached about a buyout prior to the end of the season?