I will make a real deal with you guys

I will shut up about Solich and I will even go as far to change my user name if the mods will let me change it..... IF and this is a IF ...IF you stop defending Callahans hiring and Pederson  being our A.D . Deal ?

no need to change yer name Benard, yous already got at leas 2 names dawg. :woo

LOL Bob, I have wondered that myself.

He got the team to the super bowl that we are suppose to watch. That should mean something. If you are going to point at the fact that his next season was 4-12, it holds no water. With free agency in the NFL, parody is common. Tampa Bay didn't get back to the playoffs the year after they won the super bowl. Is Gruden a bad coach then? What about Carolina this year? Is their coach bad? No! The turnover in players is way to common in the NFL and it is just too hard with salary cap restriction to be at the top of the game for that long. New England has done an exceptional job but their run may be ending soon. Coaches need some time to get their system in place before the records start to show improvements. I see a ton of people are trying to compare Callahan to Stoops, but maybe a better comparison would be to Franchoine of A&M. He was suppose to do wonders last year and he didn't meet those expectations. But this year the record shows that he is improving that team. He does not have them where they want to be yet because it takes a few years to get there. Lets give Callahan a few years to show us what he can do. If at that time he has shown no improvements, then lets go a different direction, but not until then.

Then apparently you don't remember the game. At one point, sometime during the first half, John Lynch walked over to Gruden and said, "they have run everything we expected them to". And the game reflected that. Callahan kept calling pass plays that managed to put the Raiders deeper and deeper in a hole. The reason they got to the superbowl was that Gannon was playing on another level all season. By the way, look up the word "parody", becuase 4-12 is NOT parody.

And as for trying to compare the turnover of players between the pro and college level is moot. You know, on the average, kids in college will be there for 4 years, and somebody in the pro's could be done after 1 season. This is essentially the NFL's "developmental league", so there is no way that what you stated earlier is remotely connected to the ability, or lack there of, of the coach

Giving Callahan a few years is going to be the end of us as a respectable force. Not like were remotely there right now, but I digress. These few years are going to drive us into the ground.

Ok, say we beat colorado, we're 6-5, and hopefully going to a bowl. Do you realistically think that next year we're going to improve? That we're going to recruit well enough, or that the players that we have will improve enough, under Callahan's tutelage, that we'll go 8-3 next year? If you're sold on that, then you might be in for a horribly rude awakening when were at the same place next year, that we're in right now.

His recruiting prowess means nothing when you can't motivate your team to come out against your arch-rival and make it remotely look like a game. That 30-3 loss was more demeaning to me that the 70 pts that the Red Raiders put up against us. This is Oklahoma. This is one of the most storied rivalries in college football. If you can't get your team to out, and look like they give a damn against OU, then you've got no business being a Nebraska football coach.

The worst part is, we proabably have to keep Callahan, because which coach out there, would actually be able to come in, and fix what this idiot has broken? None that I can think of. So, thanks to Pedersen, we're as doomed as doomed can be.

He got the team to the super bowl that we are suppose to watch. That should mean something. If you are going to point at the fact that his next season was 4-12, it holds no water. With free agency in the NFL, parody is common. Tampa Bay didn't get back to the playoffs the year after they won the super bowl. Is Gruden a bad coach then? What about Carolina this year? Is their coach bad? No! The turnover in players is way to common in the NFL and it is just too hard with salary cap restriction to be at the top of the game for that long. New England has done an exceptional job but their run may be ending soon. Coaches need some time to get their system in place before the records start to show improvements. I see a ton of people are trying to compare Callahan to Stoops, but maybe a better comparison would be to Franchoine of A&M. He was suppose to do wonders last year and he didn't meet those expectations. But this year the record shows that he is improving that team. He does not have them where they want to be yet because it takes a few years to get there. Lets give Callahan a few years to show us what he can do. If at that time he has shown no improvements, then lets go a different direction, but not until then.

Then apparently you don't remember the game. At one point, sometime during the first half, John Lynch walked over to Gruden and said, "they have run everything we expected them to". And the game reflected that. Callahan kept calling pass plays that managed to put the Raiders deeper and deeper in a hole. The reason they got to the superbowl was that Gannon was playing on another level all season. By the way, look up the word "parody", becuase 4-12 is NOT parody.

And as for trying to compare the turnover of players between the pro and college level is moot. You know, on the average, kids in college will be there for 4 years, and somebody in the pro's could be done after 1 season. This is essentially the NFL's "developmental league", so there is no way that what you stated earlier is remotely connected to the ability, or lack there of, of the coach

Giving Callahan a few years is going to be the end of us as a respectable force. Not like were remotely there right now, but I digress. These few years are going to drive us into the ground.

Ok, say we beat colorado, we're 6-5, and hopefully going to a bowl. Do you realistically think that next year we're going to improve? That we're going to recruit well enough, or that the players that we have will improve enough, under Callahan's tutelage, that we'll go 8-3 next year? If you're sold on that, then you might be in for a horribly rude awakening when were at the same place next year, that we're in right now.

His recruiting prowess means nothing when you can't motivate your team to come out against your arch-rival and make it remotely look like a game. That 30-3 loss was more demeaning to me that the 70 pts that the Red Raiders put up against us. This is Oklahoma. This is one of the most storied rivalries in college football. If you can't get your team to out, and look like they give a damn against OU, then you've got no business being a Nebraska football coach.

The worst part is, we proabably have to keep Callahan, because which coach out there, would actually be able to come in, and fix what this idiot has broken? None that I can think of. So, thanks to Pedersen, we're as doomed as doomed can be.

Just because Gruden knew exactly what Callhan was doing doesn't make Callahan a bad coach. Most coaches know exactly what plays are going to be run, but it takes the players to go out and execute the game plan. Bill took the Raiders to the super bowl because he got all 53 players to play together as a team and they had a great season. It takes more than one player to play good to get the team to a super bowl. Example: Corey Dillion with the Bengals.

I wasn't comparing the turnover rate of players between the pros and college. I was saying that because the turnover rate of players in PRO is so high. It makes it really difficult for any coach (Gruden, Seifert, Parcells) to keep a team at the top of the league.

For you to state that Nebraska is not going to improve, is a matter of opinion. My opinion is that we will get better because we have better athletes coming in. Athletes that want to win, athletes that have some fire in them, athletes that will step up and lead by example and express their voice. We do not have some of those things these year. We are taking the steps that need to be taken right now.

And its your opinion that these athletes will have the will to win and be leaders. Most big time players such as the miami's,texas players are all me,me,me. Take benson for instance who said he'd rather win the heisman than the national title. Good recruits doesn't mean good things necessarily.

And its your opinion that these athletes will have the will to win and be leaders. Most big time players such as the miami's,texas players are all me,me,me.  Take benson for instance who said he'd rather win the heisman than the national title.  Good recruits doesn't mean good things necessarily.

Hopefully that is part of the recruiting process. Hell, look at the character of some of our past recruits e.g. Lawrence Phillips, Peter Bros., Thunder Collins, RI. BC has shown he does not put up with "me" players who cause trouble i.e. RI. Let me ask this, is your mama a good cook? If yes, then I'll bet she STARTS with the BEST INGREDIENTS. The rest is up to her! Get the analogy? This will be where we see if BC and co. can cook...I'm bettin' he can!

And its your opinion that these athletes will have the will to win and be leaders. Most big time players such as the miami's,texas players are all me,me,me. Take benson for instance who said he'd rather win the heisman than the national title. Good recruits doesn't mean good things necessarily.

They don't mean much, but wasn't Miami in the national championship game a couple of years ago. Didn't they win it the year before. Both Miami and Texas were rated higher than us last year. So recruiting does matter.

And its your opinion that these athletes will have the will to win and be leaders. Most big time players such as the miami's,texas players are all me,me,me.  Take benson for instance who said he'd rather win the heisman than the national title.  Good recruits doesn't mean good things necessarily.

Hopefully that is part of the recruiting process. Hell, look at the character of some of our past recruits e.g. Lawrence Phillips, Peter Bros., Thunder Collins, RI. BC has shown he does not put up with "me" players who cause trouble i.e. RI. Let me ask this, is your mama a good cook? If yes, then I'll bet she STARTS with the BEST INGREDIENTS. The rest is up to her! Get the analogy? This will be where we see if BC and co. can cook...I'm bettin' he can!

I like that analogy. Good job.

I will shut up about Solich and I will even go as far to change my user name if the mods will let me change it..... IF and this is a IF ...IF you stop defending Callahans hiring and Pederson  being our A.D . Deal ?

What the heck are you rambling about you sad,disturbed,little SuperTard LOL ? I'm new to this board but if Bernie agrees that Cally Boy and Pitifulson are two guys set on making us go thru some dark years then I will gladly be his clone any day ! Go Big Red !

What the heck are you rambling about you sad,disturbed,little SuperTard LOL ? I'm new to this board but if Bernie agrees that Cally Boy and Pitifulson are two guys set on making us go thru some dark years then I will gladly be his clone any day ! Go Big Red !

maybe tru SN, but the next time i see both of yous on this board at the same time and making a post atabouts the same time wilbe the first. it aint hard to create 2 accts so don try playin us like fools. we'll see whats what before too long.

Just because Gruden knew exactly what Callhan was doing doesn't make Callahan a bad coach. Most coaches know exactly what plays are going to be run, but it takes the players to go out and execute the game plan. Bill took the Raiders to the super bowl because he got all 53 players to play together as a team and they had a great season. It takes more than one player to play good to get the team to a super bowl. Example: Corey Dillion with the Bengals.

Yes it does, because Callahan didn't change his game plan in the least. Unless you have the ability to "improvise, adapt, and overcome", you are going to suck as a coach, no matter what sport, no matter what level of competition. Callahan has shown, time and time again, his inability to make critical adjustments that could have an affect on the outcome of a game.

I wasn't comparing the turnover rate of players between the pros and college. I was saying that because the turnover rate of players in PRO is so high. It makes it really difficult for any coach (Gruden, Seifert, Parcells) to keep a team at the top of the league.

It's because once you get out of college, these guys become selfish, conceited bastards who make their money and lose their integrity, and only care about being on MTV cribs, or a chunky soup commercial.

For you to state that Nebraska is not going to improve, is a matter of opinion. My opinion is that we will get better because we have better athletes coming in. Athletes that want to win, athletes that have some fire in them, athletes that will step up and lead by example and express their voice. We do not have some of those things these year. We are taking the steps that need to be taken right now.

Yes, it is my opinion, but one I strongly believe in, due to the fact of the ineffectiveness of our current coach. We can have the best athletes in the world, but unless you have a coach that can get them to utilitze their potential, then their just mediocre players.

Are you saying we've got kids with no fire? Some members of the defense from the year prior to this one, might have something to say about that. Now, these are the same kids, but under a different coach. If anyone disagrees with me, look at the way our kids played in 2003, and then the ones that carried over to this years team. Tell me then that our kids don't have fire...

Yes it does, because Callahan didn't change his game plan in the least. Unless you have the ability to "improvise, adapt, and overcome", you are going to suck as a coach, no matter what sport, no matter what level of competition. Callahan has shown, time and time again, his inability to make critical adjustments that could have an affect on the outcome of a game.

It's because once you get out of college, these guys become selfish, conceited bastards who make their money and lose their integrity, and only care about being on MTV cribs, or a chunky soup commercial.

Yes, it is my opinion, but one I strongly believe in, due to the fact of the ineffectiveness of our current coach. We can have the best athletes in the world, but unless you have a coach that can get them to utilitze their potential, then their just mediocre players.

Are you saying we've got kids with no fire? Some members of the defense from the year prior to this one, might have something to say about that. Now, these are the same kids, but under a different coach. If anyone disagrees with me, look at the way our kids played in 2003, and then the ones that carried over to this years team. Tell me then that our kids don't have fire...

You think that Callahan never changed his game plan on his way to the super bowl. I don't know if you know this but I will point out to you that the Raiders played 19 games that season. You are only looking at one. Maybe you should look at the other 18 games before you start making stupid ass comments like that.

Like I said in both of my previous post. The turnover rate in PRO football is very high. You happen to list several examples in your post of why the turnover rate is high and why it is tough for coaches to stay at the top of the game for a long period of time. Thank you for proving my point there.

Yes, in 2003 they did play with some fire. But have you seen any of that fire this year from the players that returned from that team. Its not solely the coaches responsiblity to get the players fired up. The players themselves need to be able to fired up for a game. I haven't seen anyone besides maybe Bernard come out fired up for a game yet. SO YES, I AM TELLING YOU THAT OUR KIDS ARE NOT PLAYING WITH FIRE THIS YEAR.

You think that Callahan never changed his game plan on his way to the super bowl. I don't know if you know this but I will point out to you that the Raiders played 19 games that season. You are only looking at one. Maybe you should look at the other 18 games before you start making stupid ass comments like that.

Like I said in both of my previous post. The turnover rate in PRO football is very high. You happen to list several examples in your post of why the turnover rate is high and why it is tough for coaches to stay at the top of the game for a long period of time. Thank you for proving my point there.

Yes, in 2003 they did play with some fire. But have you seen any of that fire this year from the players that returned from that team. Its not solely the coaches responsiblity to get the players fired up. The players themselves need to be able to fired up for a game. I haven't seen anyone besides maybe Bernard come out fired up for a game yet. SO YES, I AM TELLING YOU THAT OUR KIDS ARE NOT PLAYING WITH FIRE THIS YEAR.

I watched some of the other games, but that's beside the point. I don't need to see them. In the biggest game of the year, the defense totally had his number and he didn't try anything new. It's not like he mixed it up and Tampa Bay was still too good. He didn't even try. He's demonstrated the same thing this year. I thought that's what you guys hated Solich for?

And if the players were fired up last year but not this year, how can it not be the coaches fault? If you were on a pretty good team that only going to get better in the next two years which had good chemistry and new coaches came in and changed everything so you were no longer competitive, wouldn't you find it hard to get fired up?

He didn't mix it up at all in the super bowl that weird for you to say that. After looking at the stats, drive chart, and game recap. It clearly shows that the Raiders (a passing team for the year) started the game using the passing attack. Once that did not work, Bill went to the run where he had some success. It wasn't until the third quarter when Tampa Bay was ahead 20-3 that the Raiders had to go back to the pass on a more consistant basis so that they could get back in the game. That is when Tampa intercepted three passes and returrned them all for touchdowns. So for you to call Callahan a bad coach because he went to the air when they fell behind, you are a very very stupid person and obviously have no idea of how to coach a football team. I for one, would want my coach to give us the best opportunity to get back in the game, and for Bill that game, he needed to THROW the football.

As far as getting fired up for a game, some of it is the coaches, but some it lies on the players to get fired up. In college, just rated number 1 midwest school in the country, I learned in my growth and learning class that 95% of a persons motivation is internal. Which for you not being a very smart human being means that for a player to get fired up, most of that must come from within oneself. So the player is responsible for 95% of his motiviation and the other 5% comes from external environment, such as coaches, fans, family, etc.

He didn't mix it up at all in the super bowl that weird for you to say that. After looking at the stats, drive chart, and game recap. It clearly shows that the Raiders (a passing team for the year) started the game using the passing attack. Once that did not work, Bill went to the run where he had some success. It wasn't until the third quarter when Tampa Bay was ahead 20-3 that the Raiders had to go back to the pass on a more consistant basis so that they could get back in the game. That is when Tampa intercepted three passes and returrned them all for touchdowns. So for you to call Callahan a bad coach because he went to the air when they fell behind, you are a very very stupid person and obviously have no idea of how to coach a football team. I for one, would want my coach to give us the best opportunity to get back in the game, and for Bill that game, he needed to THROW the football.

As far as getting fired up for a game, some of it is the coaches, but some it lies on the players to get fired up. In college, just rated number 1 midwest school in the country, I learned in my growth and learning class that 95% of a persons motivation is internal. Which for you not being a very smart human being means that for a player to get fired up, most of that must come from within oneself. So the player is responsible for 95% of his motiviation and the other 5% comes from external environment, such as coaches, fans, family, etc.

Wow. Did you actually read those drive summaries, or did you just say you did? Oakland had 11 rushing attempts in the game. Yes only 11. If you take away a Gannon scramble for 2 yards and two rushes to run out the clock at the end of the half, that makes 8 rushes that were actually called to try to move the ball. You're right that most of those came in the first half, it looks like 7 of them did. The funny thing is that all of them were into the line. I say again, he didn't try to mix it up. So if you think 7 rushing attempts in the half with a maximum gain of 4 (most were for no gain to 2 yards) is not "going to the run, where he had some success", this conversation is pointless. Just because you slam the HB into the line a couple of times doesn't mean you are mixing it up. I know a lot of people here think that, hence 'well we rushed Ross 30 times against OU, are you happy now!!!'

So Billy rushed the ball straight ahead seven times, meanwhile basically sticking to his dink and dunk game while giving up 3 interceptions in the first half.

Again, you said he had to go to the pass in the 3rd quarter to catch up. You even called me a stupid person because I didn't understand that. Well, I submit that 20-3 at the start of the second half shouldn't be panic time. If it is, then you have no business being coach. But I guess Bill thought like you because he continued doing pretty much the same thing he did in the first half (minus those amazing runs up the gut to mix things up!) and proceeded to get an interception returned for a touchdown after not really moving the ball for the whole 3rd quarter......BALLGAME.

So that's what really happened in the superbowl. And that's what he's been coaching like all year. Stubborn, and at times downright ridiculous. Tell me something you learned in another class to dispute that, college boy.