I will make a real deal with you guys

There is no reason for that. You have the right to talk about Solich as we have the right to defend Callahan. Everyone here has their own opinion on who is the better coach and that is what makes this board great. I defend Callahan because I think he needs more that 10 games to show what he can do with a program just as you defend Solich for having a 10-3 record last year and being let go unfairly. The thing that most people need to get is tolerance as to another persons point of veiw.

I can't really speak for the others, but I have never defended Peterson. I don't really like the guy. I have said on more than one occasion that he comes off more like a used car salesman than an AD. I don't completely disagree with firing Solich, but I think it could have been done a lot better. That's all on Peterson.

I have said what's done is done. I can't blame Callahan for taking the job. He is the coach now and will be for a while and I think he has the capability to do some good things for the future of Husker football. Will he do them? Does he actually have the ability? I don't know. Only time will tell.

We don't need to go changing names and what not. Go ahead and post whatever you want within the rules, but don't get all pissed off when people want to actually talk football and not what happened nearly a year ago.

There is no reason for that. You have the right to talk about Solich as we have the right to defend Callahan. Everyone here has their own opinion on who is the better coach and that is what makes this board great. I defend Callahan because I think he needs more that 10 games to show what he can do with a program just as you defend Solich for having a 10-3 record last year and being let go unfairly. The thing that most people need to get is tolerance as to another persons point of veiw.

your number keeps getting higher and higher gamecocks. What number will be to high before you stop supporting him and agree with me that he just isn't a good coach and def. not a good coach for our program.

I can't really speak for the others, but I have never defended Peterson. I don't really like the guy. I have said on more than one occasion that he comes off more like a used car salesman than an AD. I don't completely disagree with firing Solich, but I think it could have been done a lot better. That's all on Peterson.

I feel the same way about the whole damn Mess.....I just don't understand the whining or crybaby stuff......we are on the road back....keep you chins up!

I have said what's done is done. I can't blame Callahan for taking the job. He is the coach now and will be for a while and I think he has the capability to do some good things for the future of Husker football. Will he do them? Does he actually have the ability? I don't know. Only time will tell. 

We don't need to go changing names and what not. Go ahead and post whatever you want within the rules, but don't get all pissed off when people want to actually talk football and not what happened nearly a year ago.

Damn, my thoughts exactly Dave. TO and Frankie both had an eternity (if you count time as an assistant); BC DESERVES at least a little time. Hell, the guy simply answered the phone one day... Peterson on the other hand, I have no respect for, but BC deserves at least a little time.

Damn, my thoughts exactly Dave. TO and Frankie both had an eternity (if you count time as an assistant); BC DESERVES at least a little time. Hell, the guy simply answered the phone one day... Peterson on the other hand, I have no respect for, but BC deserves at least a little time.

I agree that I have nothing against bill as far as a person. I hate pederson, he is just an a-hole retard plain and simple. Callahan I can't really say I'm a fan of him as he isn't a nebraska type guy. He just doesn't act like one. Also his coaching and philosophies have done nothing to impress me as of yet.

your number keeps getting higher and higher gamecocks. What number will be to high before you stop supporting him and agree with me that he just isn't a good coach and def. not a good coach for our program.

I have simply went from nine games to ten games, that just happens to be the amount of games that we have played this year. I stated nine games before the oklahoma game and now said 10 because we have played ten games. I have stated all along that we need to give Callahan a couple of years not 10 games to determine if he can lead this program to the promise land.

I have simply went from nine games to ten games, that just happens to be the amount of games that we have played this year. I stated nine games before the oklahoma game and now said 10 because we have played ten games. I have stated all along that we need to give Callahan a couple of years not 10 games to determine if he can lead this program to the promise land.

Ok. I will see you in a couple years and we will see if your saying we need to give him time after 24 games I'm not ready to judge him.

I feel the same way about the whole damn Mess.....I just don't understand the whining or crybaby stuff......we are on the road back....keep you chins up!

How are we on the road back? We're losing more games by more points and giving up way more yards. Our offensive production isn't any higher than last year or 2002. And if we are on the road back, Pedersen is the one who made us veer off-track in the first place.

Callahan sucks. Pedersen sucks. Cosgrove sucks. Solich Sucks.

Let's give him a couple years so he can really bury our program. Let's let Callahan coach until Baylor is a more respectable team than we are.

Callahan sucks as a coach. Now, if you want to defend him, watch a replay of the Bucs/Raiders superbowl, and that is a perfect example of the sorry son of a bitch that's coaching our team. The man can't coach. If you would have hired him as a recruiter, I would have been fine with that. But no, he's going put our beloved football program over the proverbial barrel...

Callahan sucks. Pedersen sucks. Cosgrove sucks. Solich Sucks.

Let's give him a couple years so he can really bury our program. Let's let Callahan coach until Baylor is a more respectable team than we are.

Callahan sucks as a coach. Now, if you want to defend him, watch a replay of the Bucs/Raiders superbowl, and that is a perfect example of the sorry son of a bitch that's coaching our team. The man can't coach. If you would have hired him as a recruiter, I would have been fine with that. But no, he's going put our beloved football program over the proverbial barrel...

He got the team to the super bowl that we are suppose to watch. That should mean something. If you are going to point at the fact that his next season was 4-12, it holds no water. With free agency in the NFL, parody is common. Tampa Bay didn't get back to the playoffs the year after they won the super bowl. Is Gruden a bad coach then? What about Carolina this year? Is their coach bad? No! The turnover in players is way to common in the NFL and it is just too hard with salary cap restriction to be at the top of the game for that long. New England has done an exceptional job but their run may be ending soon. Coaches need some time to get their system in place before the records start to show improvements. I see a ton of people are trying to compare Callahan to Stoops, but maybe a better comparison would be to Franchoine of A&M. He was suppose to do wonders last year and he didn't meet those expectations. But this year the record shows that he is improving that team. He does not have them where they want to be yet because it takes a few years to get there. Lets give Callahan a few years to show us what he can do. If at that time he has shown no improvements, then lets go a different direction, but not until then.