another baaad feeling about this next game...

Callahan has no clue what he is doing. He has not used the avantage of redhirting players since he's been in Lincoln. A 5th year player will always be better than he was in his 4th year.

CoachKevin, this post isn't necessarily directed to you, but HC Callahan can't anything right in the eyes of Husker fans. Some fans are screaming at the tops of our lungs to play the young guys. We've seen the same old stuff from the upperclassmen (IE Green, Rudd and McKeon) so get them out. And when HC Callahan suggests playing some younger guys, he gets lambasted for that too.

Hey fans, lay off a bit. give the guy a break.

I think you're misreading Rudd's comment. When he commented on limited practice for the option is was in reply to how much they practiced for it against Ok St. Not how much they are preparing for aTm. The question was asked after the Ok St game because they burned us with the option. But they way it is written in this article it not real clear and people could think he's talking about this weeks practice.

Do I think Rudd has been doing a great job these last few weeks. No. But sometimes I think we need to slow down just a bit and give them a break. If he plays bad on the field pull him. But sometimes I think we overreact by statements we read in the press. Clearly here is an example of where he's talking about what happened in the Ok St game, and people want to believe he's talking about the upcoming aTm game, so it's a good time to criticize.

Maybe it's just human nature when you're not happy to try and criticize everything.

YIKES!....this probably has Devaney digging himself out of his grave.....comments like this will DEFINITELY get McBride back on board to help us out....

http://www.journalstar.com/articles/...1348743150.txt

I think he is right to say what he said, nothing to worry about, what he said is the truth. There is no need for the team to worry about who is being fired and for what reasons, I think the fact they don't care gives a clue to the Pederson/Callahan reign. These are college atheletes who's first job is to get an education, sports is second. They are not franchise players making millions, you play college football because you like to play. What he said was 100% the truth, the players shouldn't worry about the going ons of who is being fired and when. They just need to focus on their schooling and their practices and their games.

"“It is something that you do not want to spend a lot of time preparing for, because teams may or may not do it one to three times a game,” Ruud said of the option. “You have to practice it, but how much time to do you want to practice on it?”"

Gee, I hope aTm doesn't see this article

They practice??? :o