I feel like a lone wolf!

I am the only Husker Fan in my family, been that way for 26yrs!! They cheer for the Sooners, Does anyone have a family like that, that cheer for another team? If so who do they cheer for? I'm so sick of them bagging on me for everything that has went do so far! But I'll get the last laugh when NU beats OU the next time they meet!! :bonez

I am the only Husker Fan in my family, been that way for 26yrs!! They cheer for the Sooners, Does anyone have a family like that, that cheer for another team? If so who do they cheer for? I'm so sick of them bagging on me for everything that has went do so far! But I'll get the last laugh when NU beats OU the next time they meet!! :bonez

welcome to the family.

AR Husker, DJR13 and DaveH will be the brothers you never had. i will be the weird uncle that you will never talk about.

As much as I am a Sooner fan, why does your family cheer for the Sooners? If we had family members that cheered for the opponent, for no reason, we'd disown them!

Seriously, why would they not cheer for your Huskers? Have you asked them?

Don't worry sir I'm right there w/ya! My parents are both University of Missouri Alums! :angry:

However my parents only have themselves to blame as when I was 7 years old my dad (who was in the Navy) was stationed at Offutt AFB in the late 70's early 80's. That's where I began my love of football.

I would always tease my parents everytime Nu waxed MU. My love for the Huskers grew so much that eventhough some 10 years later when my dad was then stationed at the Pentagon, I chose to go to Nebraska. They were fine w/this too. :-)

Both my parents who used to despise Nebraska, actually became very fond of them during my time in college there. So much so that when we were playing in National Title games you would often hear my mom in the other room screaming for our Huskers to score,win,etc, :-) Believe it or not that 1997 NU/MU game my mom was torn as to who she wanted to win as she new that if NU were to lose they would lose any shot at playing for the national title. She ultimately told me that she was glad NU won. However in the past few year's my parents have had fun ribbing me about MU finally being able to knock us off.

I am truly the (as my mom puts it) the black sheep of the family as her, my dad,grandfather, and uncle all went to MU. I just tell them that they didn't know any better that's why you sent your son to NEBRASKA!! :)

GBR!!

As much as I am a Sooner fan, why does your family cheer for the Sooners? If we had family members that cheered for the opponent, for no reason, we'd disown them!

I read into it that he might live in Oklahoma or his parents went there. He might be the one thats disowned :) Usually it's just a kid rebelling against the norm.

I am the only Husker Fan in my family, been that way for 26yrs!! They cheer for the Sooners, Does anyone have a family like that, that cheer for another team?

oh yeah - I married into a family of Missouri fans - several decades ago. The most humiliating time was 4 years ago in Columbia when everyone gathered to go to the game - half-dozen brothers and sisters and spouses. I was the only Husker - confident knowing the outcome would be heavy in my favor.

But . . . a few raindrops and a few dropped punts sure changed that. Good-bye Frank.

It sure was a long walk to the car.

The family wanted to do it again this year. I refused to fly to Columbia from Florida - knowing the outcome this year would be similar. I was a smart man to refuse.

I did get a few calls during the game from the sidelines. But thankfully they all respected my mourning and did not call and rub it in after the final score.

My dad is a big Iowa fan, my wife is ISU fan and my mom is an ISU/Duke/UNC/NU/Iowa/Kansas. My brother is the only sane one who i have groomed into a NU fanatic. Its fun, my dad cant say anything to me because all i have to do is bring up the Crouch run agianst iowa. My mom doesn't really understand football, she is more of a basketball fan. My wife and her family try to give me a hard time but then i remind them they are ISUcks fans. It has taken my wife 6 yrs to finally come to a remote understanding of what NU football means. She went to her first game at Memorial stadium this year and when TO was anounced AD a tear came to my eye and those two events have opened her eyes slightly. Its a long road but eventually i plan to make her a convert.

I read into it that he might live in Oklahoma or his parents went there. He might be the one thats disowned :) Usually it's just a kid rebelling against the norm.

Good point, I didn't think of that. If that's the case, then he actually might be the one that's disowned. :) Got a question. Is the game going to be televised at all today? I think it'll be a much better game than OU/ISU and I'd like to watch but I'm guessing it won't be televised.

yes I am an outcast in my family aswell, they are also ou fans I know exactly how you feel, did you go to the big 12 game with them? I did and it sucked.

Good point, I didn't think of that. If that's the case, then he actually might be the one that's disowned. :) Got a question. Is the game going to be televised at all today? I think it'll be a much better game than OU/ISU and I'd like to watch but I'm guessing it won't be televised.

No, no tv funny while the teams do stink their records are not that bad.

I know where you are coming from, I've been living in Austin Texas for a long time, I grew up in Nebraska so I'm constantly enduring the longhorn ego. My youngest was born in Texas, my oldest was born in Nebraska but we moved here before she could walk. I live and breath for Nebraska football and tradition. my heart breaks everytime I see our team lose, especially against Texas. My kids don't cheer Texas around me, though they are fans, they are one of the few longhorn fans showing respect. I reciprocate with all Texas fans, but I don't care if they return the respect, as long as my kids do.

My Husker flag flies outside my home EVERY DAY!

I'm pulling for ya Huskers... Always will!

:restore