Callahan Will step down at end of season

Callahan has an ego sure. But he also has sense if he could get 5 million to walk away as opposed to his 3 million dollar buyout he would leave in 2 seconds.

MONEY TALKS

Your right, but when has Cally recently done anything somewhat logical?

Helu and Castille have been getting more action, along with some other younger players. I admit, the logical things are few and far between, but a few pop up here and there.

Callahan has an ego sure. But he also has sense if he could get 5 million to walk away as opposed to his 3 million dollar buyout he would leave in 2 seconds.

MONEY TALKS

Helu and Castille have been getting more action, along with some other younger players. I admit, the logical things are few and far between, but a few pop up here and there.

He did play them more, but in turn basically kept playmakers like Purify on the sidelines. He constantly offsets certian ok decisions with real bad ones.

MONEY TALKS

He did play them more, but in turn basically kept playmakers like Purify on the sidelines. He constantly offsets certian ok decisions with real bad ones.

You asked for a logical action and I gave it to you. That's all. :)

Announcing his intention to step down at the end of the season isn't any more beneficial than telling him to sod off tomorrow and appointing an interim HC.

The only thing I can think of is that they want to try and spin it as though he's stepping down of his own volition rather than being fired so they can tell that to the recruits. If he's fired it may look to some recruits like we fire coaches so often (even mid season) that there wouldn't be any continuity during their years here.

the huskers of years past demand nothing less that SEPPIKU!!!

Can I be his second? I think I have a samurai sword around here somewhere...I know there's one at your place Hack :)

Announcing his intention to step down at the end of the season isn't any more beneficial than telling him to sod off tomorrow and appointing an interim HC.

The only thing I can think of is that they want to try and spin it as though he's stepping down of his own volition rather than being fired so they can tell that to the recruits. If he's fired it may look to some recruits like we fire coaches so often (even mid season) that there wouldn't be any continuity during their years here.

the huskers of years past demand nothing less that SEPPIKU!!!

Can I be his second? I think I have a samurai sword around here somewhere...I know there's one at your place Hack :)

I've got one if you don't :lol:

I don't understand the thinking behind paying him more than his contract for him to resign after the season. Just fire him tomorrow morning or next week or when the final whistle blows at CU - whatever - and pay him what we are obligated to pay him in the current contract. Announcing his intention to step down at the end of the season isn't any more beneficial than telling him to sod off tomorrow and appointing an interim HC.

I have to agree with you...

he's already getting several million dollars that wouldn't be in his contract had the crooken A.D. not been renewed a month earlier. Is this just the Nebraska way? Is it why I always tip 20%? We're already paying him a crapload...why more? he should be paying us for sucking....

I don't understand the thinking behind paying him more than his contract for him to resign after the season. Just fire him tomorrow morning or next week or when the final whistle blows at CU - whatever - and pay him what we are obligated to pay him in the current contract. Announcing his intention to step down at the end of the season isn't any more beneficial than telling him to sod off tomorrow and appointing an interim HC.

I believe they would offer up more monay as an incentive to resign early (as in before the end of the season). Is how the rest of you understood it?

I think that's the only thing it can mean, but that's not how it was worded. My guess is just a poor choice of wording on that part.

Still doesn't make any sense to me because you could fire him right now. I guess the only thing I can see is that he ANNOUNCES his resignation EFFECTIVE at the end of the season right now, and you have to pay him extra to do that. I think that is stupid, can his ass right now instead and get him th f#*k out of there. Anyone with half a brain can do a better job than that jackass is doing right now - three straight blow out losses, yeah I think I could even coach us to that.

For get the recruits, we are probably going to lose most of the ones who were going to come here to play for Callahan anyway. It would be nice to see him step down now and let Watson finish up the season as OC, and see what he could do. The players won't and can't say any thing about how they really feel about this coaching staff, but they could show it on the field by the way they finish out the season. It might feel like a breath of fresh air to get out from under Callahan's thumb to them. It sure is worth a shot.

GBR!!!