Coach Callahan Show

Just finished watching the Callahan Show. He put a lot of emphasis on not executing on the defense. Didn't man up on the option. Didn't shoot the gaps. No one had responsibility for the qb. If Callahan doesn't believe in the defense why doesn't he take control of the defense and just tell Cosgrove to hit the locker room and not come back. We didn't have enough people in the box, plain and simple. Should have had a safety in their or a fourth linebacker. That's not executing right that's not having the assignments right. And if it is true that Elmo was calling the plays, than he should be right behind Coz.

Another thing that I noticed is that every time he talked about one of the freshman he always said "this guy will have the fans excited in the coming years." It wasn't his normal "This guy will be great for us in the future." I read this as he was expecting to not be here too much longer. Just my observation. What do you guys think?

I was a big supporter of Callahan. I always would stick up for him when someone would say something negative about him. But now I have lost all faith and I see the coaches quitting mid-season. They know that the end is near and they are letting those distractions affect how they coach. That is why I believe we should cut the negativity out of there now. What hope is left for the rest of the season?

I just brought up the fact that he was referring to the fans getting to see the young guys in the future. He usually says something along the lines of "We are excited about having these guys around next year" referencing the fact that they will be here next year. Maybe I read into it too much. That's all. Perhaps Callahan is hinting that he will not be here next year. It would be the first time that he has publicly said something like that.

callahan has been evasive since he stepped foot on campus, from his infamous depth charts and playbook/phonebook with motion in every play, to plans to pound the rock and make half time adjustments. sometimes i really think the guy is psycho!

I have decided not to watch or listen to any post game interviews or talk shows dealing with BC. I really dont care what he has to say. I am now dumber for have listened to him previously.

While Watson was calling the plays in the first half Callahan was supposed to be lending a hand with the defense. He didn't own up to that in the show?

I think he took the play calling back away from Watson like a jealous little kid. You know the kid that isn't very good at a video game but lets his friend have a try and sees the success his friend has. Then he thinks if he can do it I can and takes the controls back. Hmmm....I think I may have something there. <_<

Just finished watching the Callahan Show. He put a lot of emphasis on not executing on the defense. Didn't man up on the option. Didn't shoot the gaps. No one had responsibility for the qb. If Callahan doesn't believe in the defense why doesn't he take control of the defense and just tell Cosgrove to hit the locker room and not come back. We didn't have enough people in the box, plain and simple. Should have had a safety in their or a fourth linebacker. That's not executing right that's not having the assignments right. And if it is true that Elmo was calling the plays, than he should be right behind Coz.

Another thing that I noticed is that every time he talked about one of the freshman he always said "this guy will have the fans excited in the coming years." It wasn't his normal "This guy will be great for us in the future." I read this as he was expecting to not be here too much longer. Just my observation. What do you guys think?

I noticed the same thing also on the coments about the freshman.

I noticed the same thing also on the coments about the freshman.

:yeah Exactly. Shouldn't be a shock, though.

callahan has been evasive since he stepped foot on campus, from his infamous depth charts and playbook/phonebook with motion in every play, to plans to pound the rock and make half time adjustments. sometimes i really think the guy is psycho!

I agree, this guy has been delusional all season. The one part that I think shows it is that he thinks he is doing "an excellent job". If that isn't a psychosis, I don't know what is!

Did anyone see the video from their practice highlighting the "White Smoke"? They were in FULL PADS and playing 2 hand touch! If your going to practice in full pads actually hit someone!!! If that's how all of their practices are no wonder we can't tackle consistently.

We wouldnt want them to break a nail or anything.

From what I was told, Coz wasn't calling any of the D on Saturday. The DB coach and BC were calling the shots on D while Watson was supposed to be calling the offensive plays. After the game, Rose interviewed Clownahan and stated that the two opponents that had the most success against A&M ran 8 in the box. He asked Clownahan why we didn't see any of that. Clownahan's response was, well they do other things and we thought we had schemes that would work. IMO, the kids showed heart especially in the first half that we haven't seen for quite some time. The reason they got kicked in the junk was because the schemes were terrible. It reminded me of watching my 2 year old. I hand her a hammer and tell her to dig a hole. It's just like this team. They aren't given the right tools to do the job!