Why scrap it all???????

Did you here TO'S talk about the walk-on program.........about guy's doing anything to put on A husker uniform............well that guy has a name and it's Joe Ganz.

OK Great, but you didn't answer my question. You'd rather play a guy who'd make a good story in a news paper than a guy who is BETTER?

Don't bring the walk-on program into this. Ganz has been on scholly since day 1.

Ya it isn't like Ganz has'nt sacrified enough or practiced long enough in our system lets go with a juco transfer :thumbs

So seniority over ability? Sorry, I don't really see why everyone has a hard on for Ganz.

Me either. I guess folks just want to see a change. Perhaps they feel having a more mobile QB will add another dimension to our offense. It probably would, but not from Ganz. He just doesn't have all the tools to be starting. Next year it will most likely either be Witt or Lee starting IMO. :)

I won't argue that Ganz is more of a dual threat guy than a pocket passer. However, if Zach Lee is better and thats' the kind of ball we play then the answer is simple.

I have said here many times that Ganz won't start a game for NU. With all the recent hullabaloo, it's harder to say that because we don't know what could happen on the offensive side of the ball..

I would seriously be upset if we scrapped the whole system and went back to the option or something. That would negate most of the recruits we brought in, lots of things that these players have learned. We could run a similar offense that utilizes the same types of athletes and be back competing for the Big12 in a year or two.

If we bring someone in to bring back the option, it will set us back another 4 years.

That's why I hope the next coach either has A) a more watered down version of the WCO or B) the Spread offense. Either one will cater to our players abilities. The Spread is easier to learn than the WCO IMO. :)

Did you here TO'S talk about the walk-on program.........about guy's doing anything to put on A husker uniform............well that guy has a name and it's Joe Ganz.

OK Great, but you didn't answer my question. You'd rather play a guy who'd make a good story in a news paper than a guy who is BETTER?

Don't bring the walk-on program into this. Ganz has been on scholly since day 1.

Ya but he has hung in there next year will be 5 years.....and who is 2nd on the depth chart.......where do you get that Zac L ee is so much better if you know something I don't please enlighten me..........The reason and the main reason we are in this fix is Cally turning us into Kjuco. What does that say to guys who love to play for nebraska vs, guys that think there doing us a favor for playing here.

Ya but he has hung in there next year will be 5 years.....and who is 2nd on the depth chart.......where do you get that Zac L ee is so much better if you know something I don't please enlighten me..........The reason and the main reason we are in this fix is Cally turning us into Kjuco. What does that say to guys who love to play for nebraska vs, guys that think there doing us a favor for playing here.

Once again, OK great. But you still haven't answered my question. If Lee is better than Ganz, should Lee start? If it came to that?

The answer is yes.

Listen, I'm not trying to take anything away from Ganz he's obviously dedicated an a hard worker. From what I have watched from both QB's Lee is more talented.

Performance over Seniority should always win out. If Ganz is indeed the man next year great! :) I'm sure he'll be very good. However from what is coming out of Huskerland Witt is the best QB on the team. The problem is he doesn't have the experience or the repitition in the offense as the reps have primarily gone to keller or Ganz. :) Witt impressed me in the Spring game going against the 1's on 'D'. You'd be hard pressed to convince me that Ganz will start next year regardless of who's the coach and the system installed. :)

There is a big potential for some type of spread/ great ground game even the west coast offense.......with the right kind of coach..........and minimal recruit loss.........a big bounce back could happen.........am I being delusional .....??????? I mean there is alot of potential here even for next year.........Get this funk off this team........get someone in here who could light a fire.....anything could happen........

Hey Jimmy, just heard you on the Zone....good job! First caller

Go Big Red!!

Once again, OK great. But you still haven't answered my question. If Lee is better than Ganz, should Lee start? If it came to that?

The answer is yes.

Listen, I'm not trying to take anything away from Ganz he's obviously dedicated an a hard worker. From what I have watched from both QB's Lee is more talented.

Yes I agree if Lee, Witt........are better then yes, but I don't see that happening........but yes if you are right then yes.

2nd thing I wanted to say...........the whole WCO being a four letter word.......I watched the pats on sunday and thought damn that is how you run it/........I was at the A&M game and the whole time I was like where is the tight end where was play action.........what happened after the one misdirection.........wets coast offense could still work if you had someone who called the plays right..............I mean it could still work even better here if the walk-on program was brought back into play and you have a quarter back and recievers come up in the system and get the system into a machine like mode similar to the option teams of the past.......

I mean come on I watched the niners teams.....pats, trojans.....sh#t even our running game is not out of commission...........this season and with that the toght ends and play action is there ...but WTFis up with the play calling.

There is a big potential for some type of spread/ great ground game even the west coast offense.......with the right kind of coach..........and minimal recruit loss.........a big bounce back could happen.........am I being delusional .....??????? I mean there is alot of potential here even for next year.........Get this funk off this team........get someone in here who could light a fire.....anything could happen........

Hey Jimmy, just heard you on the Zone....good job! First caller

Go Big Red!!

thanks man ........ :w00t:w00t:w00t:w00t:w00t

Death to the Fluffaloes

The answer is yes.

Yes I agree if Lee, Witt........are better then yes, but I don't see that happening........but yes if you are right then yes.

2nd thing I wanted to say...........the whole WCO being a four letter word.......I watched the pats on sunday and thought damn that is how you run it/........I was at the A&M game and the whole time I was like where is the tight end where was play action.........what happened after the one misdirection.........wets coast offense could still work if you had someone who called the plays right..............I mean it could still work even better here if the walk-on program was brought back into play and you have a quarter back and recievers come up in the system and get the system into a machine like mode similar to the option teams of the past.......

I mean come on I watched the niners teams.....pats, trojans.....sh#t even our running game is not out of commission...........this season and with that the toght ends and play action is there ...but WTFis up with the play calling.

Abolutely! :) The WCO offense if properly coached is unstoppable. Why BC doesn't get the TE and backs more involved I have no clue. BC can't coach it at the college level. And he's unwilling to scale it back to do so. Auburn and USC run the WCO and seem to have no probs doing so. That tells me the coaches at Nebraska (namely BC) can't coach it. Watson did a better job than BC on Saturday. He knows how to coach it at the college level and the proper plays to call. :)

Abolutely! :) The WCO offense if properly coached is unstoppable. Why BC doesn't get the TE and backs more involved I have no clue. BC can't coach it at the college level. And he's unwilling to scale it back to do so. Auburn and USC run the WCO and seem to have no probs doing so. That tells me the coaches at Nebraska (namely BC) can't coach it. Watson did a better job than BC on Saturday. He knows how to coach it at the college level and the proper plays to call. :)

I would agree with that. I haven't seen all the games this year, but I was leaving the rec center Sat, with the score 6-0, and saw (on the Jumbotron) Keller drop back... and actually threw a screen pass. It was the first I remember seeing (although there probably were others). But... the screen, and passes in the flat, and passes to backs and TE's ARE the WCO... callahan simply calls it the WCO. They don't really run it. What NU is running is "The Offense That Cannot Be Named"

I would seriously be upset if we scrapped the whole system and went back to the option or something. That would negate most of the recruits we brought in, lots of things that these players have learned. We could run a similar offense that utilizes the same types of athletes and be back competing for the Big12 in a year or two.

If we bring someone in to bring back the option, it will set us back another 4 years.

That's why I hope the next coach either has A) a more watered down version of the WCO or B) the Spread offense. Either one will cater to our players abilities. The Spread is easier to learn than the WCO IMO. :)

I agree with most of this except what the players have been taught. I don't think these kids believe or fully grasp this offense anyway. A new coach with excitement, drive and attitude, I think these kids could be really good at the spead offense or a run based offense.

The answer is yes.

Steve Sipple just mentioned on the zone- the back up qb will be playing soon and his name is .........drum roll...................... not Zac Lee .............. Joe Ganz.