SUPPORT YOUR TEAM, PEOPLE!!!

Senior receiver Maurice Purify admitted Tuesday he was “kind of angry at the fans.”

He said they put on their red shirts and caps, then they come down behind the bench when Nebraska’s trailing and voice opinions of negativity.

Said Purify: “They'll say, ‘You guys suck.’ I’m like, if you’re going to support us when we’re winning, why can’t you support us when we’re losing?”

this is just ridiculous. I can't believe "fans" are saying this. They don't deserve to wear RED

I've been more disappointed in the fans in the past few weeks than I have in the team.

Senior receiver Maurice Purify admitted Tuesday he was “kind of angry at the fans.”

He said they put on their red shirts and caps, then they come down behind the bench when Nebraska’s trailing and voice opinions of negativity.

Said Purify: “They'll say, ‘You guys suck.’ I’m like, if you’re going to support us when we’re winning, why can’t you support us when we’re losing?”

this is just ridiculous. I can't believe "fans" are saying this. They don't deserve to wear RED

I've been more disappointed in the fans in the past few weeks than I have in the team.

its a minority I was at A&M game and the fans cheered all game............obviuosly there is some truth to it but security wont even let people close to the bench............but I can tell you most of the anymosity was at the coaches not at big MO.........sh#t he catches an 8 yd pass and the crowd erupts.......the fans are hungry for some sign of life from that team..............Mo should attend man camp this summer before he goes to the nfl.........because if he thinks lincoln is bad..........

....but I can tell you most of the anymosity was at the coaches not at big MO.......

I know I've said this a million times, but...

On Saturday, please do not boo, yell "you suck," etc...if you want to express your disgust, just leave.....I don't care if the yelling is meant to be directed at the coaches, and everyone knows it, it still beats the players down emotionally, which is the last thing they need...what is the point of going to the game if you're going to do something that makes your team play worse...

And Purify does not need to man up..after what he's been through this season and how he's handled it I think hes more of a man than most....these so called fans are the ones that need to man up...I have a feeling he's expressing what all our players feel...if fans are yelling things at them from the sidelines, they should speak out...

Benny-C .. I'm getting that feeling too. It's also on this board since early October. So much hate and anger.. emo flying around everywhere.

Fans need to stop b!tching and crying and start rooting for the Huskers, win or lose.

that's why I haven't really posted any of my opinions towards what's been going down lately. This forum has just been littered with negativity towards the team, coaches and the season.

And I disagree with the above poster saying that the A&M game was constant yelling. Again, fans left early...again once the defense struggled everyone around me just sat down and quit cheering. It was hard to even get fans to yell at the opposing team before a snap. Even the guy taking out tickets made a quip about "Welcome to Memorial Stadium...home of the pink shirts" or something like that.

It's starting to get the point where the comment of "greatest fans of college football" only has to do with the way we are towards other visiting teams/fans. At least we're still nice to them.

It's the personal stuff that disturbs me the most. Well, that and not supporting them if you're at the game. But the personal stuff has gotten really, really bad. There's nothing wrong with saying this or that player didn't play well, the coaches made the wrong coverage or play call, etc. But Nebraska fans have quickly turned into little more than a mob with pitchforks and torches.

Benny-C .. I'm getting that feeling too. It's also on this board since early October. So much hate and anger.. emo flying around everywhere.

Fans need to stop b!tching and crying and start rooting for the Huskers, win or lose.

that's why I haven't really posted any of my opinions towards what's been going down lately. This forum has just been littered with negativity towards the team, coaches and the season.

And I disagree with the above poster saying that the A&M game was constant yelling. Again, fans left early...again once the defense struggled everyone around me just sat down and quit cheering. It was hard to even get fans to yell at the opposing team before a snap. Even the guy taking out tickets made a quip about "Welcome to Memorial Stadium...home of the pink shirts" or something like that.

It's starting to get the point where the comment of "greatest fans of college football" only has to do with the way we are towards other visiting teams/fans. At least we're still nice to them.

First off I will admit some fans go over board on some things that are said example I heard a week or so back that at a Lincoln High football game some fans not sure what age they were but some fans were yelling crap at Coz's kid who was on the field playing the game.. Thats wrong and on sooo many levels but fans pay money to attend Neb games there hard earned money an they get caught up with emotions that some times dont come off very nice but there is 84 thousand fans an not all of them were chanting crap atleast in my section everyone was good.. Point is fans are going to let the players an coachs know how they feel, take it for what its worth they showed up to the game to support them didnt they...

On the fans leaving.. I pay money to go to a game an watch my team play an win if there not winning then whats the point of watching when I can be having a drink or something.. It was hot the sun was in my face an we were loseing to a team we could of beat... Your asking fans to say an watch our team get beat game after game in our own house no less.. I guess I didnt know we needed to bend over backwards for a bunch of players that go out an play with no heart an have given up!!! You want fans to stay PLAY YOUR ASS OFF the Nebraska way... Dont tell me there doing the best they can cause the team from last year to this is night and day.. Blame whoever for that but dont blame anyone for a few fans!!!

Just like the blackshirts got taken away, Husker fans need to take the monicker "Greatest fans" away until we can support our team win or lose. Stop being part of the problem.

See how I see it is if we werent the "Greatest Fans" then no one would care what happens to Neb football... We still attend the games an cheer them on every week, we care soo much about Neb and have so much emotions that it kills us to see whats going on with this team.. No one wants to watch there team get killed at home week in an week out!!!

....but I can tell you most of the anymosity was at the coaches not at big MO.......

I know I've said this a million times, but...

On Saturday, please do not boo, yell "you suck," etc...if you want to express your disgust, just leave.....I don't care if the yelling is meant to be directed at the coaches, and everyone knows it, it still beats the players down emotionally, which is the last thing they need...what is the point of going to the game if you're going to do something that makes your team play worse...

And Purify does not need to man up..after what he's been through this season and how he's handled it I think hes more of a man than most....these so called fans are the ones that need to man up...I have a feeling he's expressing what all our players feel...if fans are yelling things at them from the sidelines, they should speak out...

I was in the student section on saturday and i sure as heck didnt hear any boos. The fans were willing to support the team and were get into the game in the first half. Then.... second half... game over but i still didnt hear too many boos from the student section if there were they were intended for the coaches not players. OUR PLAYERS do need to MAN UP!! There more peed at the fans than the opposing team. If you are hearing boos then go out and hit someone and youll get the recognition. Frieaking hit someone but i dont need to hear players whining about our fans.