This Staff Has To Go NOW!!!!

father5

I think what you're overlooking is the fact that BC, IMO, has never tried to sell recruits on NU's tradition and class. He always tried to sell them on we're playing a prostyle offense and I did coach a Super Bowl. If he changes his position now, he's already lost those recruits he was initially bringing on board.

BC

Press conference

All I tell them is that they’re making decisions for a lot of reasons, for the academics, the traditions and things in place here at Nebraska are great qualities. I have no problem selling that. But I just let them know, just hang with us and we’ll see what happens. I can’t make any promises, because I can’t. I’m not getting any promises, so I can’t make any promises to them. It hurts. We just have to deal with the cards that have been laid out for us and do the best we can.”

Doesn't sound like He's telling them that according to some recruits or he didn't tell Kevin Cosgrove to say that.

Callahan is very political at any press conference save the "this is the dumbest team in football" at Okland. All you have to do is read what some of the recruits are saying. Some have said in interviews that the last time the talked to the coaches they (coaches) seemed very depressed and now they haven't heard from them in quite a while. One said he hasn't heard from them in weeks.

That certainly concerns me!

I think what you're overlooking is the fact that BC, IMO, has never tried to sell recruits on NU's tradition and class. He always tried to sell them on we're playing a prostyle offense and I did coach a Super Bowl. If he changes his position now, he's already lost those recruits he was initially bringing on board.

BC

Press conference

All I tell them is that they’re making decisions for a lot of reasons, for the academics, the traditions and things in place here at Nebraska are great qualities. I have no problem selling that. But I just let them know, just hang with us and we’ll see what happens. I can’t make any promises, because I can’t. I’m not getting any promises, so I can’t make any promises to them. It hurts. We just have to deal with the cards that have been laid out for us and do the best we can.”

Doesn't sound like He's telling them that according to some recruits or he didn't tell Kevin Cosgrove to say that.

Callahan is very political at any press conference save the "this is the dumbest team in football" at Okland. All you have to do is read what some of the recruits are saying. Some have said in interviews that the last time the talked to the coaches they (coaches) seemed very depressed and now they haven't heard from them in quite a while. One said he hasn't heard from them in weeks.

According to Shawn Callahan on Sports Nightly, there has really only been a week's lapse from when the recruits were last contacted. I'm sure the coaches don't just seem depressed as I'm sure they are very depressed about the current situation. This season has caught coaching staff, players, and fans alike completely by surprise. This was supposed to be our break out year with a lot of veteran players.

BC

Press conference

According to Shawn Callahan on Sports Nightly, there has really only been a week's lapse from when the recruits were last contacted. I'm sure the coaches don't just seem depressed as I'm sure they are very depressed about the current situation. This season has caught coaching staff, players, and fans alike completely by surprise. This was supposed to be our break out year with a lot of veteran players.

As far as my post on this subjet, I wasn't stating my opinion. I read interviews with DJ Woods and I think Gray both. The links were posted on this board that take you to the news articals. I can't find them atm. But, what I posted is exactly what the recruits said so... I don't know.

I guess I'm just seeing all of these quotes from recruits (like the Compton quote on Big Red Wrap-up) and I'd rather trust someone who knows their fate and or accepts they are the interim with a job to do as far as recruiting goes. An interim can sound excited about the school and not be thinking in the back of his mind that his head is on the chopping block. An interim, like maybe Watson, still has a stake in what happens here, because from everything we are hearing, he is one of the guys they still really like there and stands a chance at making the next staff. I was a BC supporter from day one, but I just don't trust him or KG to whole heartedly do what is in the best interest of our program anymore. Maybe that isn't entirely their fault but it is what it is. WE NEED TO DO WHAT IS IN OUR BEST INTEREST. And IMO that is to move on now so we can try and slavage some of our recruits.

Some of you have said that we are well stocked at QB. I agree. But I would still like to have Gabbert, wouldn't you? And we do have good young RB's. But are you really okay with losing Jonas Gray if we don't have to lose him? Or Bryce Givens (who I think is the biggest fish in that pond anyway)? Or Compton? I just want what is best for the Big Red, and I think that is to let these guys go so that these recruits know where they stand. Maybe some of them defect. Maybe some of them take a wait and see stance with who will be our next head coach. I think a move now would also let our current players turn the page, so to speak, and start focussing on games instead of who will be the coach next week, next month or next season.

Friend of mine heard on the radio that a NU coach told Gabbert that he didn't know if the staff would be here at the end of the year or not and to do what was best for him. Anyone know if this has been substantiated? If this was said then this staff needs to go immediately before they completely destroy this program. Tradition can only survive so much!!!

Do you really need to ask the question on whether staff "uncertainties" are playing a role in NU recruit's decisions? :LOLtartar

The only thing that will stabilize this thing is Tom Osborne, as of right now it seems.

We're obviously witnessing the first of many de-commits.

Suffice to say, with the exception of Steinkuhler (hopefully)...our FINAL recruiting class will likely look much different than what is now posted on rivals.com.

Friend of mine heard on the radio that a NU coach told Gabbert that he didn't know if the staff would be here at the end of the year or not and to do what was best for him. Anyone know if this has been substantiated? If this was said then this staff needs to go immediately before they completely destroy this program. Tradition can only survive so much!!!

Uh, I think you are the wrong side of that. If the staff leaves SO DOES GABBERT. Actually I would say that so does a lot of the recruits.

How many depends on why they committed. Did they commit because of their relationship with the coaches or did they commit to Nebraska because of the program, the academics, etc. That will tell you who will stay and who will go.

Simi is a guy who loves NU. No matter who is coach.

I believe Simi committed, in large part, because of Osborne and their conversations.

I certainly agree with you regarding the "what reasons they committed for" aspect. However, I really wonder if the recruits we've been going after - 4/5 stars - would EVER come here because of the academics, tradition, etc. I mean, SP and BC have single-handedly tried to destroy those traditions...it seems.

I remember listening to a Jonas Gray interview (Lincoln-ESPN radio) the day after he committed to Nebraska. He stated that our academic All-American record impressed him almost as much as our academic program as a whole...which "was a huge selling-point" for him.

Obviously, it wasn't that much of a selling-point... <_<

Predominately, recruits come to PLAY FOOTBALL...going to college/classes are ancillary.

I believe Simi committed, in large part, because of Osborne and their conversations.

I certainly agree with you regarding the "what reasons they committed for" aspect. However, I really wonder if the recruits we've been going after - 4/5 stars - would EVER come here because of the academics, tradition, etc. I mean, SP and BC have single-handedly tried to destroy those traditions...it seems.

I remember listening to a Jonas Gray interview (Lincoln-ESPN radio) the day after he committed to Nebraska. He stated that our academic All-American record impressed him almost as much as our academic program as a whole...which "was a huge selling-point" for him.

Obviously, it wasn't that much of a selling-point... <_<

Predominately, recruits come to PLAY FOOTBALL...going to college/classes are ancillary.

I think he was just waiting for a Notre Dame offer and now he's got it he can commit to them.

If I wasn't a fan of this team, I would hope Osborne would retain the coaches for next year. The coaches would then find out all the recruits they stopped contacting and let go was coming back to bite them in their azz.

It is about relationships with the coaches -- that's generally the number one thing with these recruits. But don't forget we lost Nunn and he came back. It's not impossible that we get a few back. It depends if the new guy can develop strong relationships along with the other things that won over these kids.

And we had guys decommit from other schools, commit to us, decommit, and go back to those same schools. So, while it doesn't look good, it's not over yet.

Hey, he's being honest, as far as I'm concerned that's a point in his favor. And he don't have many of those right now. But at least he's being honest. Your talking about 18 yr old kids coming her, some thousands of miles from home. They will look to the coaches and team as family, if that coach isn't going to be there then what. Do you think TO didn't tell recruits that he was going to be retiring so they wouldn't be playing for him?

i have to jump on the fire them now band wagon.....i know there are a lot problems with letting the staff go now the first being who would take over but if we get rid of them now could we move forward and line someone up for next year...even if it is bo who couldnt take over right now, atleast kids would know who is coming and have a general idea who he is looking at as a staff...we are loosing many recruits right now because of the uncertainty when really there isnt any uncertainty.... Billy C is out and there is no doubt about that just who is coming next??? we need to get moving to try and save the kids we want and to start on kids that are out there that may want to play for whoever we choose.....

we just simply need to get sh*t moving and stop the politics....

wow i love how everyone hates the coaches now, notice our defensive line coach only one gone from last year... Whats r weakest spot this year? defensive line maybe?

i dont kno if u guys relize it took osborne 21 years for a national title

just sayin....

You r right about it being 21 years but they were 21 great years. Always 9 or more wins, almost never losing to the likes of Kansas, Kansas St., Okie St., Iowa St., lots of big wins against the likes of Penn St., Alabama, Auburn, Fla St. and others and yes some heart breakers. Every year we had a legit shot at being Number One. T. O. has never got the credit he deserved from the national media. He was a low key interview and they would rather talk to coaches who are "colorful." Lets face it Nebraska was the best football school in the country for 30 (THIRTY) years. Coach Oz sits at a tabel with Joe Paterno and Bear Bryant. Bowden and lots of others stand outside and look in through the door. The "Ole Ball Coach " coached against T. O. once and got crushed, Fun and Gun was One and Done against the Big Red. Any one can recruit in Florida it takes someone special to recruit in Nebraska in the winter.

Nebraska can go back to the cornfed players, us nebraskans. I mean have some out of state recruitment, but open up that walk on program again. Forget Gabbert.

Ya, that'll work :sarcasm

Dan F 30

The Walk On Program was a good one. The players who came via this route were committed, knew about Husker Tradition, contributed to the over all mind set of the team and played with heart and soul. The coaching they got produced a lot of good players and many great ones. I don't know if it will still work or not but its certainly worth a try. At least with these kids, men, we know they want to play for Nebraska and not just for some NFL has been who might get them into the Pros.

Like your posts, GO BIG RED. We'll have a red beer together in differeent cities at about 2:00 PM and get ready to beat Texas! Again GO BIG RED

:bonez:bonez

T_O_B