New Head Coach? THREADS - ALL OF THEM

I have been big on Bo Pelini and still am, but Paul Johnson does interest me. Actually, as far as long term goes, Johnson might come in wanting to stay at NU for many years. I don't know about Pelini. Would he make Nebraska a career or do you think he'll jump for the NFL after a few years as HC?

Great question! Pelini might look to move on but not for the NFL IMHO. His wife was qouted in an article as saying that Bo really knew the college game was for him after the Alamo Bowl when we beat Michigan State. That is when all of our fans were chanting "We want Bo". That , according to his wife, really made his mind up to stay in the college ranks.

Don't laugh - this coach got game. If someone can show me a more remarkable turnaround in college football, let's see it.

Head coach of Division II West Texas A&M University in Canyon, TX (near Amarillo). Here is West Texas' record in the 5 years before Carthel

2000 5-6

2001 2-9

2002 0-11

2003 3-8

2004 2-8

Carthel's first season was 2005. Here's his record

2005 10-2 Lone Star Conference Champions

2006 11-2 Lone Star Conference Champions

2007 8-0 likely LSC champions

This guy has a staggering 15-1 record on the road.

I know it's D2, but this guy has the touch.

only one thing to do...

thunderdome rules: steel cage, three go in and one comes out.

well, that would make Bo the favorite, Hackmister.

not really. johnson's from navy... so he might have some charlie sheen/michael biehn navy SEAL moves.

... okay, maybe not.

Did the cougs hire Bronco Mendenhall. I used to work at Uof U medical center in the ER. I loved it there.

I used to get alot of crap on Saturday wearing my Blackshirt scrubs......those have since been retired for obvious reasons.

I was actually back there when Edwards was still at BYU and we had some coach named Ron McBride -- you might have heard of him...probably not... :)

OH ya I remember Mcbride...........nice guy.......okay coach.

Would love it........tutored under norm Chow.........played at BYU.......was a great quarterback........beat Kjuco in the cotton bowl.......tutored under Carroll...........what is not to like..........I would neck choke my neighbor if we hired him.................... QB recruits galore strong ties to California.........it would be huge IF we got him..........thanks for uplifting my spirits , but I would be totally shocked..........IF WE GOT HIM.

MANCRUSH= Sarkisian MANCRUSH#2= Bo Pelini

Not a Gill fan for HC, but why is it that Sarkisian is getting a bye for never being a HC but it was always used against Turner Gill.

Turner Gill wasn't qualified. and now that he is head coach we can see why. He cant even turn a LOW level team around. I understand his ties to nebraska, but we need a solid coach.

what are you smoking? seriously i want some!

but really he has 5 wins in less then 2 years and before he came there they had 10 wins in...8 or 9 years? yeah your right he can't do jack squat.