Gill or Pelini?

I think Bo Pelini will be the next head coach, with Turner Gill being brought in as Offensive Coordinator.

I think this is exactly what TO has in mind; and with the Pelini hire, naming Gill OC and Assistant Head Coach.

After todays game, and the gutsy showing of the players, it does make one scratch his head saying, "what the hell is going on?". All I can say is trust TO. He has coached, and known many coaches, and I feel he knows what will bring the program back to the level he left it. TRUST TO!

i agree, he may very well hire these 2 guys to lead.

I think Bo Pelini will be the next head coach, with Turner Gill being brought in as Offensive Coordinator.

I think this is exactly what TO has in mind; and with the Pelini hire, naming Gill OC and Assistant Head Coach.

After todays game, and the gutsy showing of the players, it does make one scratch his head saying, "what the hell is going on?". All I can say is trust TO. He has coached, and known many coaches, and I feel he knows what will bring the program back to the level he left it. TRUST TO!

How about adding Marvin Sanders to this mix?He says he wants to stay in the Carolinas but perhaps he could be swayed to come back

As Gill keeps winning at Buffalo(really, think about this one. If you follow more than just the Huskers you will understand how hard this is) it makes the choices harder, theyare 4-1 in the Mac and alone atop their division, and may have a better chance at a bowl game than we do. Gill will not leave a Head job for an assistant. I am confident in that.

Overall though, Pelini is my first choice, but right now Gill doesnt look bad either.

If it were my decision, I would give a slight nod to Gill over Pelini. For those of you who say anybody but Gill, I flat out don't understand where you're coming from. Enlighten us as to why you say this. Something more than "I heard he was lazy in college" or "I just don't feel he's ready yet." And how about something more than "we don't want to limit the search to only former Husker coaches and players." The fact that no one seems to come up with a concrete reason for this "No consideration should be given to Gill" attitude is puzzling.

Gill has demonstrated on every level he has coached at thus far that he is a great coach. The fact that he has a history at Nebraska doesn't negate his accomplishments and acumen. He deserves consideration if in fact he wants the job.

In the end, we can all have confidence that Tom will make what he believes is the best decision for Nebraska. And his best decision, in all probability, will be much better than anything any of us can come up with. He won't play favorites nor deny viable candidates consideration.

I know turner personally, because I was friends with his daughter before they moved. He is an all around great guy, and very intelligent with schemes on football. I think he is an excellent fit as our Offensive Coordinator.

Bo Pelini is the mastermind we need. He will be the head coach, and most likely run the defense as well. Bringing in a nice guy with a

Otherwise Paul Johnson would make an excellent fit. An offensive genius.

I want pelini, but I wouldnt be to upset with gill. the one thing that scares me about pelini is fans expectations. I think that they will be to high, and I think that he will have some fans that will not give him a fair shot. if you've used the word "bogasm" I'm probably talking about you.

I have come to the realization that its going to take atleast 3-4 years just to get control of the north again. of course buy that time controlling the north might be controlling the whole conference. I will say this, colorado and k state are on there way bcak and MU and MU are both looking tough. this is going to be a tough conference