Recruiting Site Subscription

Sort of unrelated specifically to the Huskers, but I was thinking of subscribing to a recruiting website. Have any of you had any experience with this? Is Rivals101.com the only show in town, or are there other sites that I should be considering? I like how Rivals offers highlight videos and other media, so I would be looking for a site with similar content.

Any advice you all could offer would be great. Thanks.

Sort of unrelated specifically to the Huskers, but I was thinking of subscribing to a recruiting website. Have any of you had any experience with this? Is Rivals101.com the only show in town, or are there other sites that I should be considering? I like how Rivals offers highlight videos and other media, so I would be looking for a site with similar content.

Save your money -- skip 'em all.

If you want to view highlight reals, you can see them for free. Just watch one, clear your cache and watch the next one.

Don't spend the money. The "stars" are all made up. Rivals only cares about the bottom line. They will put a five star rating on anybody going to a top school with lots of fans just to get more subscriptions.

Tennessee, USC, Nebraska, etc., anybody with a large faithful fan base are the only ones that always are in the top 10 every year. They make it that way. USF, Rutgers, BC are doing more with the "2 and 3 star" recruits anyway.

It's all hype and smoke up peoples a$$. Just to make a dollar.

Rivals is very good IMO. They give you lots of inside information like what a kid is thinking, thoughts from the recruits that from recent interviews. They list offers, they list personal information that has been verified by camps differently than those reported by the players themselves. ie. if a kid comes to the NU camp and measured out to be 6-3.5 185 lbs and runs a 4.55 then rivals puts there little verified stamp next to it so you know it's not just some kid telling the service, "Uhh, yeah I'm about 6-5 200 lbs and I run a 4.3.

Don't get caught up in the whole star system. I trust my coaches first and foremost at talent evaluating ovre the staff at rivals or scout. They are generally correct and naturally they'll miss a few. They rate players based on their football playing, physical potential. You cannot predict really how a kid is giong to take to college life, classes, freedom, homesickness, scout team, etc...

Don't allow yourself to think that stars are a lock. Just because a kid is a Rivals 100 4 star doesn't mean he's going to be All Conference. Some kids flame out. And others who fly under the radar and you kind of take a chance on, are pissed their whole playing careers that n oother schools wanted them and practice and train and play with a chip on their shoulder and by the time they graduate are studs. That's just how it goes.

but HuskersIllustrated does an outstanding job in letting you the fan know what's going on in the program.