Question about Keller/Ganz

zoogs

I'm sad Keller is done for the year, but at the same time let's look forward to the Mr. Ganz show. I'm so glad to see Joe finally get his shot.

Here's an interesting article about him. With some choice words from Zac Taylor:

“He’s been ready for it the last three years,” Taylor said. “I know Joe didn’t want it to happen like this, but he’s the most confident person I’ve ever been around in my entire life. He knows this offense way better than I ever did.”

:hellloooo

We're going to steamroll Kansas! :lol:

(by the way, sorry I didn't post this in the Joe Ganz thread. It was more about a specific article.)

I'm sad Keller is done for the year, but at the same time let's look forward to the Mr. Ganz show. I'm so glad to see Joe finally get his shot.

Here's an interesting article about him. With some choice words from Zac Taylor:

“He’s been ready for it the last three years,” Taylor said. “I know Joe didn’t want it to happen like this, but he’s the most confident person I’ve ever been around in my entire life. He knows this offense way better than I ever did.”

:hellloooo

We're going to steamroll Kansas! :lol:

This is probably from Zac's interview on 1620 last night. Zac was gushing about Joe's knowledge of the system and has full confidence in Joe's ability to run the offense.

Plus his arms are in great shape from all that hand-waving he's been doing from the sidelines. :)

Knowing an offense and remembering it when someone's trying to knock your head off are two different things.

However, after watching Ganz at the end of the Texas game, I have confidence he can step up.

I'm not so sure about the defense. But even in the Texas game we just needed a score at the right time to win, but got a turnover instead.

Hopefully, the D can hold with Kansas for 3 quarters like last week and the O can score when needed (against a good defense). Unfortunately, Mangino is a better coach than Mack Brown so an all out pressure defensive scheme would not be advisable.

If Callahan's head slips far enough out of his sphyncter to get a little oxegyn. :) He will simplify the offense and get a package together that works towards Ganz's strengths. If he does we may be in good shape. If he sticks with the current mess of an offense we are in big trouble. Then again who knows till saturday.

If Callahan's head slips far enough out of his sphyncter to get a little oxegyn. :) He will simplify the offense and get a package together that works towards Ganz's strengths. If he does we may be in good shape. If he sticks with the current mess of an offense we are in big trouble. Then again who knows till saturday.

2004 called. They asked you to see the Huskers' record from that year.

I think we will get about the same results from Ganz that we saw from Keller, but it will come in a different way. Both these guys are good quarterbacks but neither one is in the right system. Zac Taylor was great under Callahan's system because he had pin point accuracy and didnt turn the ball over, the only reason he isnt in the NFL right now is because he is a little short and his arm strength is questionable.

If you put Keller in more of a run and gun offense like Steve Spurrier runs or the offense they have in TX Teck i think Keller would be lighting people up for huge numbers.

If you put Ganz in more of a spread offense with alot of Zone read and option like what TX A&M runs i think he would be doing great.

But Callahan has the "greatest" offense ever and doesnt care if he had Eric Crouch he would still run the WCO crap down our throats. Callahan is incapable of adjustment, brilliant mind but cant adjust quickly.

The best quote out of that article is "I love pressure". I believe that Joe would have been our starter if Sam Keller did not transfer to NU. He talks a good game and i hope he lives up to it! I will root for him to do well!

Kansas is a well coached team and if this comes down to coaching well.....we all know what the results will be. Lets hope Ganz can be the "x" factor!!

Go Big Red!!

I like to think mobile QBs have an advantage. Just by having pocket awareness and being able to slip or move around to buy an extra second or two helps avoid the sack and find recievers. I prefer mobile QBs that move around to throw, and occasionally scramble for positive yards, as appose to running QBs that take off right away when the pressure is on.

This offense does not need a strong arm. The passes are usually 10 - 15 yard "high percentage" throws from the pocket. I'm looking forward to see what happens. Especially after Ganz gets knocked down hard, sacked, dealing with blitzes, and so on. The green jersey will be off. I hope he plays well. We'll find out this week. And that's exciting. I like his confidence. Third year in the system and wanting this opportunity. He knows the offense. All he has to do is manage it, and move the chains.

I like to think mobile QBs have an advantage. Just by having pocket awareness and being able to slip or move around to buy an extra second or two helps avoid the sack and find recievers. I prefer mobile QBs that move around to throw, and occasionally scramble for positive yards, as appose to running QBs that take off right away when the pressure is on.

This offense does not need a strong arm. The passes are usually 10 - 15 yard "high percentage" throws from the pocket. I'm looking forward to see what happens. Especially after Ganz gets knocked down hard, sacked, dealing with blitzes, and so on. The green jersey will be off. I hope he plays well. We'll find out this week. And that's exciting. I like his confidence. Third year in the system and wanting this opportunity. He knows the offense. All he has to do is manage it, and move the chains.

:yeah If he throws for more than a couple of TD's we'll already be in better shape than we have been the last 4 weeks. I was pretty impressed with Joey's composure when he entered the Texas game. No jitters, he went for the jugular on the first play, missed and then came back to throw a TD and the 2 pt conversion. If he can keep playing like that I'll have a hard time missing Keller and his ugly ass mechanics. GBR!!