All this might be good for husker nation

NPhusker

No it comes down to Cally being to freakin stubborn to start freshman. It makes no sense either because Castille should be getting way more playing time. (There are many other examples)

I think Cally doesnt play these frosh because they dont know his 20 pound playbook front to back yet, and in practice this shows up, with Castille it is different because i think he actually knows what he is doing casuse our running game is so simple. The reason Castille isnt out there starting is because i would put money down that Callahan promised Lucky a the starting spot when he came here. Last year when B-Jax was tearing it up and became the starter Lucky told the coaches he was going to quit and go home, Cally begged him to stay and i would bet that he told him he was guarenteed atleast 50% of the snaps and that is why Jackson left for the NFL.

Also Castille has trouble holding onto the football sometimes but i would take that risk of a turnover with someone who runs as hard as he does.

Just goes to show you his offense is waaaayyyy to complicated.

That is absolutely true RedIowan. I think i heard this from an ESPN resport about Arizona State which is currently undeafeated and last year they finished 7-6 under Dirk Koetter who was fired after that season. They asked the players what they biggest difference between this year and last and they said Dennis Erickson came in and simplified the playbook. Rudy Carpenter went from 40 word plays in 2006 to like 10 word plays this year.

Shows you how stubborn Bill Callahan is.

That is absolutely true RedIowan. I think i heard this from an ESPN resport about Arizona State which is currently undeafeated and last year they finished 7-6 under Dirk Koetter who was fired after that season. They asked the players what they biggest difference between this year and last and they said Dennis Erickson came in and simplified the playbook. Rudy Carpenter went from 40 word plays in 2006 to like 10 word plays this year.

so true, cally has learned NOTHING in his 4 years at NU.

I understand the argument that it's going to prepare these guys for the NFL. However, in the NFL they don't have to go to school all day long and have to sometimes work a part-time job. That IS their job so they should be expected to learn all that stuff. He definately needs to simplify the playbook. No question about it.