Sorry buddy but you're 'source' is full of it. The Aggies want Butch Davis. Pelini was only ever on their short list. In fact, someone on their board who lives in Lincoln (NE) said that Bo had been up here visiting with Osborne (this was a rumor...Pelini wasn't here last weekend according to Steve Sipple Lincoln Journal Star) so we could take him off the Aggies list.

Unless you can list your source....troll on off the board...we have enough rumor-headaches without your added fodder.

The Aggies probably won't get Butch Davis. He was just hired at UNC. Don't think UNC is going to give him up that easily. Not too mention, Arkansas would like to have him if/when Nutt is canned (Davis is an Arkansas alum/player).

EDITED:

Davis signed a seven-year contract worth about $1.86 million annually in Nov. 2006. If he decides to leave for another coaching job, a buyout clause would force him to pay UNC between $700,000 and $2 million, depending on the length of his tenure.

News and Observer

I'm sure you're right. I was on the Aggies Message Board this morning and they have as many rumors as to who will replace their Head Coach as we do! Like I said in another post, it will be interesting to see how this all pans out across the nation.

The Aggies probably won't get Butch Davis. He was just hired at UNC. Don't think UNC is going to give him up that easily. Not too mention, Arkansas would like to have him if/when Nutt is canned (Davis is an Arkansas alum/player).

EDITED:

Davis signed a seven-year contract worth about $1.86 million annually in Nov. 2006. If he decides to leave for another coaching job, a buyout clause would force him to pay UNC between $700,000 and $2 million, depending on the length of his tenure.

News and Observer

I stumbled across an Arkansas board and they were discussing Davis' contract and whether it had a clause that gives him a free pass to coach Arkansas if Nutt is fired or resigns (which Davis does not have such a clause). I think they're hoping Davis would take over at Arkansas.

I agree though. It'll be interesting to see how all of this plays out.

I have heard from an extremely reliable source close to the program that we have indeed made an offer to none other than Dorothy Lynch to be our next head coach. She was spotted at Duncan Aviation over the weekend, and apparently met with Tom Osborne at the Runza at 56th and Holdrege. This was independently confirmed by a Time Warner employee who said that he just installed on cable for a D. Lynch and that he saw a thick binder on her table titled "The New Nebraska Offensive Playbook". It originally weighed about eight pounds but all of the WCO pages were torn out so now it only weighs 6 ounces. When he glanced through it he found the secret blend of spices that keeps people coming back for more stashed between the triple option and fumblerooskie pages.