Team Is Responding Well To Joe...

HSKRNOKC

Ganz is going to suprise alot of people by the way he plays here on out. he has been in the system and knows it inside and out, and believe it or not he has talent also.

just wait, after this weekend there will be alot of people saying that Ganz should have been the starter all along and then will have more things to say Callahan should be fired for.

Ok, I'm all for Ganz having a great end of the season and leading us to three wins, but if I hear how his mobility is such a strength one more time I am going to throw up. Joe Ganz is more mobile than Keller, but HE IS NOT A RUNNING QUARTERBACK!!! Teams are not going to have to game plan for his mobility. He is not going to add another dimension to our offense. Stop with the talk like he is Crouch, Frazier or even Berringer (who was a VERY good runner). Joe Ganz is not Brook Berringer.

While Ganz may not be those players he is a qb that when it is 3rd and 2 and BC calls a pass play he would be able to pick up 2 yards with his feet if recievers aren't open thus extending the series. that right there is worth a lot since with keller it would have been probably a punting situation. Listen this isn't 10 to 15 years ago where a pure pocketpasser could thrive. Nowadays, qb's need to be able to scramble. Imho, keller will be a bust in the nfl because he can't scramble.

Who was the last backup Qb that took the Huskers to stardom? :)

That would be The late, great Brook Berringer. One cannot forget however when Berringer went down with a collapsed lung when Matt Turmun (or is it Turmon) took over against KSU.

I have the utmost faith in Joe Ganz. Win or lose he's going to have the team behind him. I have having Keller out for the remainder of the season with a broken collarbone, but in a way it's in our favor to have Ganz starting against Kansas because Kansas doesn't have a lot of game film to look at.

GO GET 'EM JOE!!

Wrong that would have been Eric Crouch when he took over for Bobby Newcombe. :)

LOL, i hope you are not serious. The only thing Crouch did was get beat bad in big games. Don't say he won the heisman either because that award is cursed.

Cursed has nothing to do with it, the Heisman is for the best college player not the best pro prospect. Besides, Crouch has a lot of company when it comes to Heisman winners who don't pan out in the NFL.

Um no it doesn't have to do with the best college player because there are very good players on crappy teams who don't even get good recognition. The heisman is a award handed out to a player playing on a NC contender. If your team isn't contending for the NC, you won't win the heisman. Andre Woodson and Darren Mcphadden are two excellent players who won't even be contending cause their teams lost too many games and realistically neither is colt brennan because he plays for hawaii and in the WAC.

I think Ganz will run through a brick wall if that is what is needed. He will take hits and throw it away when needed. When you see a guy put his entire heart, soul and is will to take hits for his team, it should fire up the rest of the offense to make a few sacrifices too. The biggest thing missing team wise this year is that person they can all look up to and play for as a team mate. Keller has been there for a very short time and may not have the same type of respect due to that reason alone. Ganz I believe will give it 100% all the time and expect the same from everyone else. If the team can rally behind him then I am ok with whatever happens. We need the team unity and love between the players. These guys should be willing to do anything for their team mates and I don't think I've seen much of that this year.

We are going to find out this Saturday, and the remainder of the season. Got to believe he is on an emotional high. Starting QB for the Big Red. It wont be easy, KU, KState, CU. Just remember he hasnt played meaningful minutes in awhile. He hasnt had a snot-bubble yet, or responding after an INT or fumble. So let's keep this in mind and show some support and patience. I'm ready for Saturday!

Ganz is going to suprise alot of people by the way he plays here on out. he has been in the system and knows it inside and out, and believe it or not he has talent also.

just wait, after this weekend there will be alot of people saying that Ganz should have been the starter all along and then will have more things to say Callahan should be fired for.

Ok, I'm all for Ganz having a great end of the season and leading us to three wins, but if I hear how his mobility is such a strength one more time I am going to throw up. Joe Ganz is more mobile than Keller, but HE IS NOT A RUNNING QUARTERBACK!!! Teams are not going to have to game plan for his mobility. He is not going to add another dimension to our offense. Stop with the talk like he is Crouch, Frazier or even Berringer (who was a VERY good runner). Joe Ganz is not Brook Berringer.

:yeah

I love Joe Ganz and I think he'll do a good job, but I don't expect him turn the team around or do any better of a job than Keller did. What Keller lacked in mobility, he made up for with his arm. There are a lot of throws out there that Keller could make that Ganz can not. I also refuse to believe Ganz has more heart than Keller (think USC, Ball St.). Frankly, we were blessed this year with two QBs who both seem to have tremendous heart and who love being in high pressure situations. There was a reason Keller was the starter and the bottom line is I don't think we get any better with Ganz.

:yeah

I love Joe Ganz and I think he'll do a good job, but I don't expect him turn the team around or do any better of a job than Keller did. What Keller lacked in mobility, he made up for with his arm. There are a lot of throws out there that Keller could make that Ganz can not. I also refuse to believe Ganz has more heart than Keller (think USC, Ball St.). Frankly, we were blessed this year with two QBs who both seem to have tremendous heart and who love being in high pressure situations. There was a reason Keller was the starter and the bottom line is I don't think we get any better with Ganz.

We will certainly find out the next couple games. I believe (if just for myself) that, at least when Watson is calling the plays, Ganz will have a simplified offense and that is just what the doctor called for. I can't wait to see this.

GBR

Me and my buddy were talking and he was talking about how Sam usually gives this long, elaborate speech after practice about how to win. Joe seems to do things a little bit differently. His exact quote:

"I ain't got no f****** speech. Just beat the s*** out of Kansas."

The team erupted in cheers and he said that they "hadn't been so excited in practice all year".

Hopefully this translates on the field.

Me and my buddy were talking and he was talking about how Sam usually gives this long, elaborate speech after practice about how to win. Joe seems to do things a little bit differently. His exact quote:

"I ain't got no f****** speech. Just beat the s*** out of Kansas."

The team erupted in cheers and he said that they "hadn't been so excited in practice all year".

Hopefully this translates on the field.

Link? Source?

Just kidding. :w00t

If we come out and play inspired ball and win it will not be a knock on Sam in my book. Sam tried his best and is going to be on a team next year. I feel that this team will rise up and play hard with joe as the QB, can they play 4 full qtrs, I sure hope so. We can win the next three games and that would be a shot of confidence this team wiould welcome going into a bowl and the off season.

Can you imagine if Sam was having a Heisman-Caliber season and NU was, more like, 7-2? This would be devastating.

When was the last time that a Nebraska QB was put out for the season with an injury?

I remember, in 2001, I always thought Crouch was going to get injured...with his constant out-of-the-pocket scrambles. I was sure he would be hurt...never was, fortunately.

Per Huskernumerouno -- And can you imagine, if we won out, the bag of cats that would open concerning our coaching staff?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but '98 was a year of a lot of devastating injuries at the QB position. I don't remember how long and who exactly (Crouch and Newcombe both went down, though), but that was pretty rough IIRC.

'94 was Frazier going down and Berringer stepping in, and that turned out all right.

I don't think it would be devastating if we were 7-2 and Sam was Heisman caliber, because Joe Ganz is Joe Ganz. I think how much of a blow this would be depends on who you've got waiting in the wings and not (for the most part) on the circumstances of the season.

But yeah, it's amazing Crouch stayed healthy three years of starting here.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but '98 was a year of a lot of devastating injuries at the QB position. I don't remember how long and who exactly (Crouch and Newcombe both went down, though), but that was pretty rough IIRC.

'94 was Frazier going down and Berringer stepping in, and that turned out all right.

I don't think it would be devastating if we were 7-2 and Sam was Heisman caliber, because Joe Ganz is Joe Ganz. I think how much of a blow this would be depends on who you've got waiting in the wings and not (for the most part) on the circumstances of the season.

But yeah, it's amazing Crouch stayed healthy three years of starting here.

I'm talking season-ending injuries...were either of those two out for the season...if so...what were their injuries? I tried "Google-ing" it, couldn't find much information. And as we all know, Google.com is the only reputable research source available.

"Penn State, which starts spring ball March 27, isn't the only national title contender that faces a big question this spring. National champion Tennessee also is troubled, as it must address a need at receiver. And then there's Nebraska. In 1998, the Cornhuskers finished 9-4, the school's most losses since 1968. In addition to re-establishing its ground game, Nebraska is looking for its lost swagger."

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m120...223/ai_54031755

We've lost our swagger, at 9-4??? Those were the days.