Who here likes Jim Rose???

Apathy

I like Rose. He does seem to have a genuine love for what he does. I also think he would do much better with a different "color" man. Adrian Fiala is not my favorite. Gary Saddlemier was much better . Fiala always seems to stumble over himself, then cannot finish his thought before the next play happens. Rose could do better without the quirky comments that make him sound like a poor version of Dennis Miller.

As one of many out-of-staters, I'm pretty dependent on the radio feed over the Internet. While it's been mentioned, I wouldn't mind Rose if he would:

1. Provide down and distance - at least occasionally, for cryin' out loud!

2. Provide score and time - at least occasionally, for cryin' out loud!

I can tolerate the "He's to the 40, the 30 - taken down at the 39!" crap, the "tote the chalupa" nonsense - all of it. If he'd just do those two things.

I actually like the excitement that Rose seems to genuinely expresses. I just wish he'd remember he's doing a radio broadcast, and that he has to be the eyes of all the fans listening...

Back in the day when Pavelka used to announce he would tell you where the team member went to high school, knew his hometown, actually knew things about the kid. I've not heard that from Rose. :)

Interesting.

You've never heard Jim Rose mention that Matt Herian was a "Pierce Bluejay" or the Todd Peterson is a "Central Catholic Crusader", or Zac Potter is a "Creigthon Prep Jr. Jay" or that Ben Eisenhart is a "Culbertson Bear" or Sam Koch was a "Seward Blue Jay"?

I dont really mind him, I think he does all right.