Who here likes Jim Rose???

Apathy

What I liked about Pavelka that I dont hear often from Rose, is the constant score and time on the clock. These days, you listen an entire segment and rarely get the score until commercial. Which if you join late, it's the thing you are dieing to find out.

I do like the enthusiasm Rose brings. If you have Sirius, switch over and listen how non-emotional (did I make up a word?) so many of the other games are. A&M broadcast is the worst. They kept calling the Huskers by the position "the running back, the linebacker" instead of the actually person b/c they didnt research or prep enough. And Rose will tell you the other team's player that make the play, have the ball, etc.

I dont care for the "he's at the 8.. 7.. 6.. 5.. 4.. 3.. and finally down at one, no... touchdown" calls.

Who was the guy who said after each Husker score "Touchdown! Touchdown! Touchdown!" Was that Pavelka or Swain?

Rose is like a chihuahua barking at every sound on the Fourth of July. He attempts to be the Dennis Miller of radio with some of his out of left field phrases. I CANNOT stand it when he gets EXCITED when the other team makes a big play. Thankfully more games than not have been on tv during his tenure so I haven't had to be subjected to him too often each season.

I did grow up on Lyle Bremser and even tolerated the Kent Pavelka years. Was not a fan of Warren Swain either.

:yeah

Having to listen to Rose now that some of the games have'nt been on tv have made this football season unbearable. I can't even listen to the pregame shows just because he irritates the hell out of me.

I actually miss Gary Sadlemeyer more then i did Kent Pavelka.

No one even compares to Lyle, even in his later years when you had no idea where the ball was, it was still exciting radio.

Was'nt there two radio stations that use to carry Husker football in the 70's?

Yes, KFAB had Lyle Bremser and the rest and WOW also broadcasted the games. I don't remember who announced them though. I had friends who listened to that broadcast because even though they liked Lyle they couldn't really tell what was going on. A classic type of call by Lyle: "he takes the ball at the 20, goes over the left tackle for three yards. They spot the ball at the 24 so it will be second down and 5." It could kind of drive you crazy.

I cant stand Rose. It ends up being hard for me to listen to games on the radio. And dont even get me started on the whiffle ball questions he asks on his postgame or coaches shows.

The ball is not a chalupa.

When the IB gets 1 yard, I dont want to have it sound like he just broke one for 20 yards.

I hope we can get a better announcer team when the current contracts are up.

I don't like Rose. I could add some adjectives of the negative sort but if I got started down that track I wouldn't be able to stop.

I've been listening since Bremser and Rose it the worst of them all since. IMO even worse than Swain. Swain was boring but at least an even keel boring. There are many things I don't like about Rose but what I just can't stand is that when a big play or a critical play happens, as in when you most want to know what is going on, the guy starts yelling, which would be okay, if you could understand what he is saying. So then you're sitting there wondering what just happened. Was it Rose going all hyperbole over a 1 yard gain? Did it go for a touchdown? Was it an interception? a fumble? You just sit there waiting until Adrian recaps what happened once Rose has shut up.

As far as Rose the man, maybe he is different off the air, but whether it be weekday mornings on KFAB or during the game, his arrogance and condescension toward others makes me want to puke. It wouldn't be so difficult to take if this guy wasn't such a loser.

I probably shouldn't be so critical though. Other than passing through a room or store where his mouth is blaring, I stopped listening to his Husker broadcasts about three years ago. See no reason listening to a guy I can't stand and can't understand when the game play is on the line.

Rose has got to go!

I hate when I have to rely on his calls over the radio. Listen to him when I'm in the stadium and he's off 5 yards alot.

But, I'm proud of him when he goes onto 810whb.com KC every week and defends our program amongst Keitzman (KSU) and der Clinkscale (KU) and Lebo (OU) alumni on KC radio. They are a tough crowd and are hammering the program. He's a rock and hangs in there.

I don't know about you guys but I love listening to this guy broadcast reason being that he gets you into the game and he's so fired up about the game. My two uncles don't really care for the guy because you can't till which team he's cheering for because he gets excited on big plays for both teams. I get goosebumps when i listen to this guy when he gets really into the game and when Nebraska pulls off a great play. But it'll be interesting to see what other fans think of him. GO BIG RED

Rose a dork.

:bonezBRING BACK KENT PAVELKA!!!! :bonez

Agree... he was a homer but thats what I want from "OUR" play-by-paly guy! (After all the University basically pays his salary!

I agree that his excitement is contagious...but he really can't "paint a picture with words"..

Rose can't paint a picture and he can't call a game. I have completely given up to listening to the radio broadcast since he and swain began their destruction of them.

IMHO...Kevin Kugler does a fine job on Westwood 1 broadcasts with Terry Bowden...

Kevin isn't bad... I certainly would take him over Rose, but not over Pavelka if he would be allowed to return.

I'm very pro-Jim Rose.

I think he does a very good job.

He's developed his own style....otherwise there wouldn't be that hilarious parody done recently.

BTW, he's aware of these parodies and is a very good sport about them.

I love the high school references..."Pierce Bluejay", "Central Catholic Crusader", the "Culbertson Bear".

I like his reference to "10th & Vine"...even though 10th & Vine don't intersect.

There's a "chemistry" in the booth between Rose, Adrian Fiala and Matt Davison reminiscent of Lyell Bremser, Dave Blackwell & Jack Payne.

Quite frankly, it chaps me when Jim gets bastardized by folks on message boards, then to prove a point...they post some concocted, exagerated, inaccuate transcripts.

Usually the ones doing the bashing, just are not listening close enough....plus it's just too easy to bitch anonymously.

If these folks would listen to broadcasts from other teams, and scrutinize them the same way they do Nebraska broadcast team....they'd find out we've got a very, very good crew.

BTW...I've listened to and reviewed a few broadcasts in my day:

http://www.freewebs.com/corn_cob/nebraskaaudioarchive.htm

You're right most of us aren't listening close enough anymore. The vast majority of us gave up on the current "team" because of the fact the Rome is horrible at calling the game.

I will say a big part of my feelings come from the fact that is isn't a homer (Which is what I like to see in that job). When he has the exact same excitement for the opposing teams plays that he does for Nebraska I find it repulsive and absolutely can't bear listening to it! I'll wait to turn on the broadcast until someone (Pavelka or Kugler hopefully) replaces him.

I don't know guys. he makes a good call on this

Agree... that is his best call ever. To bad it's for a streaker at a baseball game.

Let him do baseball still and pay this guy to streak every game and maybe he could be considered a good announcer.

Bring back Pavelka or Bing in Kevin Kugler. That way we get a whole new start to next year! New coaches and new announcers!!!