Predictions for this week's game

DJR313

KU will rush for around 300 yards. KU will run that zone read option play with success 12-15 times and it will be stopped 2 or 3 times. Look for Reesing to throw for a decently high percentage(65%) and about 200 yards and be named Big 12 player of the week. I think Ganz will keep the Huskers in the game for a while, but they fade in the 4th quarter. Contrary to my prediction in the contest thread, I would be very surprised if KU scores less than 30 points and has less than 500 yards total offense. Another long day for the blackshirts. Anyone else have any predictions for this game?

I can visualize your prediction easier than my own, DJR313. I think we see a team similar to last week show up. I think Ganz will drive this team to play four quarters. A little more offensive movement of the ball this week should help the defense make it. I know I am heavily comparing UT and KU, which they aren't the same. However, I think that NU loses again, another heart breaker again.

I guess I might as well get in on this action.

I can see that happening pretty easily. While I don't think KU is as good as everyone says they are...they DEFINITELY have a decent team this year. That being said, I must say I was pretty impressed with NU last week. I absolutely loved what they did on defense during the first half; however, you could tell the NU players were getting tired during the second half, which resulted in a lot of missed tackles. When you put that many people up on the line, if a tackle is missed...it's going to hurt.

Key factors to the game for NU:

Offense--

-Establish the running game early. I know Ganz is a competitor, but establishing a running game early will take some pressure off of him and really let him get into a rhythm.

-Let Ganz run around a little bit. I know he's no Vince Young, but I also know that HE CAN RUN. Even though KU's defense is quick, let him run with it. It will keep KU's defense on its feet and add another dimension to NU's offense.

-Use what is working. I noticed last week against Texas, they used that passing play which had 3 or 4 receivers going down the field. It seemed like everytime they used it, Swift was more and more open each time. I think they should have continued to use it until Texas proved they could defend it. My point is, take a look at what the defense is giving you, and call the plays accordingly (this goes out to whoever may be calling the offensive plays this week).

-For the love of God, get Lucky involved. I'm not too impressed with his actual RB abilities, but do the coaches not see what he can do when he comes out of the backfield and catches passes? KU's defense will be coming in to eat Ganz for breakfast...counter this with a few screen plays to Lucky. A few 10-15 yard gains and KU will be a little more hesitant in bringing the heat.

-Speaking of underutilized players...what about Purify? Could we get him the ball a little more please?

-NU's offense needs to stay on the field as much as possible. Make long drives down the field and finish it up with a touchdown. It doesn't matter how good KU's offense is...if they aren't on the field, they can't score.

-NO TURNOVERS! Trust me, KU will make each turnover count.

-Play like you have nothing to lose (because you don't)

Defense--

-I just want to say that I really enjoyed watching the D play last week for the first 3 quarters. McCoy looked very uncomfortable in the pocket after a while.

-NU must stop the KU run. I know...it's easier said than done, but see what Kansas is going to try and do in the beginning minutes of the game. It seems pretty obvious that they are going to try and establish their running game early, so I would make stopping the run in the first quarter a high importance goal. I know we want to stop the run for the whole game, but I feel it's important to set smaller goals that lead up to larger ones. Stop the run a quarter at a time.

-Hit people. Be physical. Run to whoever has the ball. I felt NU did a pretty good job of this during the first half of the Texas game. If they can perform like this for 4 quarters, NU will be doing pretty good.

-Remember fundamentals. Look, I have never played football, so I should probably be the last guy ranting about football fundamentals, but arm tackles against a KU team just isn't going to cut it. Make good contact and knock KU's players on the ground!

-Take it a play at a time and do not get discouraged if KU makes a big play. It is bound to happen, just come back out on the field and do what you have been doing in practice all week.

-Play like you have nothing to lose (because you don't)

Alright, well, that's my take on the game. As for the outcome...I don't know, my name isn't Isaac Mendez and I cannot paint the future. I can only watch the game to see what happens.

By the way, I really hope people respond to what I wrote. I'm always up for a good discussion...

KU will rush for around 300 yards. KU will run that zone read option play with success 12-15 times and it will be stopped 2 or 3 times. Look for Reesing to throw for a decently high percentage(65%) and about 200 yards and be named Big 12 player of the week. I think Ganz will keep the Huskers in the game for a while, but they fade in the 4th quarter. Contrary to my prediction in the contest thread, I would be very surprised if KU scores less than 30 points and has less than 500 yards total offense. Another long day for the blackshirts. Anyone else have any predictions for this game?

I disagree it's not like every team that plays Nebraska has the Big Twelve Offensive player of the week. Every week this defense works on getting better just ask Kevin Cosgrove. :sarcasm

I predict that Kansas has about 210 yards passing and 400 yards rushing. Ganz will score over 21 points, most of the points will come after the game has been decided. Thus people will start suggesting that Callahan should stay, and just needs to get rid of the defense cordinator.

Score kansas 45 Nebraska 24 (14 points 4th quarter)

Sorry, but Sharp is going to run all over us. He'll have his career day going for about 200 yards. He's fast and powerful for as small as he is. If the blackshirts can somehow slow him down (though they haven't proven they can stop anyone) and we force KU to throw on us, we might have a shot.

EDIT: forgot to mention that if you look at the last 5 weeks the margin of victory has gotten less and less. Is this the week that the Huskers can pull off a victory?

Huskers 28

Chickenhawks 21

Read it and weep bitches!! :bonez

Ganz plays like a magician except he doesn't use a hat, he pulls touchdowns out of his ass!! No Turnovers

Purify scores twice.

Swift once

Castille once.

The "D" plays marginal (exceptionally well for this year), holds KU to 380 yds total. 280 via the rush.

- also creates pressure and have 4 sacks

- 2 INTS

Potter - 2 sacks

Octavian - 16 tackles, 1 for a loss and 1 sack

Thenarse - 1 int

Bowman - 1 int

GBR!!!!!!!

The first thing that comes to mind is... getting my eyes adjusted to that ugly azz field. :blink:

As for the game, I think KU will jump on the Huskers early and build a decent lead (13-17 pts) and hold it throughout the game while the Huskers fight back. I think if they get a chance to pour it on, they wont even hesitate or think twice. The Husker defense showed some good things against Texas, but still have not proven they can stop anyone yet. Bend and break.

Face it, KU is 8-0. They are beating the teams they are suppose to. And they are winning the games that people question if they are for real or not. Instead of their players wondering, hoping, or thinking how they might play, they are doing what is needed to win. And they've done it each game. So the confidence obviously builds.

I am courious to see Ganz move around the pocket and move the chains. But lack of game time experience has to be there. I can see a few turnovers happen, a tipped pass here at the line, or a fumble from not securing the ball. Has anyone hit him hard yet? Has he responded after someone gave him a snot bubble? You know, a welcome to the Big 12 hit? If he runs, it will happen. Or blindsided sack. So I will be patient with him. How will he respond after three straight three-and-outs? Or pick? I hope he does great, as well as the entire team, and NU wins. It's definately an unknown right now, and that's intriguing.

My prediction in the contest was NU 33-30. But that's what I want, not what I think.

The "D" plays marginal (exceptionally well for this year), holds KU to 380 yds total. 280 via the rush.

- 2 INTS

Potter - 2 sacks

Thenarse - 1 int

Bowman - 1 int

Reesing hasn't thrown an INT in 93 attempts. I and Nebraska's D doesn't get turnover's. I think you're dreamin'.

- 2 INTS

Potter - 2 sacks

Thenarse - 1 int

Bowman - 1 int

Reesing hasn't thrown an INT in 93 attempts. I and Nebraska's D doesn't get turnover's. I think you're dreamin'.

We will see!! Every QB has to throw one sooner or later!! Just ask Graham Harrell. He had only 3 picks all year until they played Mizzou, 4 picks later, he's sitting on 7.

Only time will tell, but he will throw INT's!!

EDIT: he now has 11 INT's, 4 more vs. Colorado

- 2 INTS

Potter - 2 sacks

Thenarse - 1 int

Bowman - 1 int

Reesing hasn't thrown an INT in 93 attempts.

Sounds like he's WAAAAY OVERDUE!!

:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez

BEAT KU!!

Here is what is going to happen.

Reesing is going to get knocked out of the game early because we will be blitzing every single play. Their 2nd team QB is terrible so he will end up running all over us. Coz will come up with a game-plan to try to stop the shovel pass which will work masterfully because they will never run it. Ganz will have the game of his life, which won’t take much since he would only need over 40 yards to do that. Lucky will break both the single season reception mark and the single game mark with 15 catches. Jacob Hickman will jump-off sides 3 times and Castille will fumble at least once. Adi will have 4 touchbacks and Henry will stay perfect with his kicks. Grixby finally returns a Kickoff for a score and Mangino eats an entire Party Sub on the sideline. In the end we win 27-10 because it is still KU and they are a team we always beat. <_< (even though Mangino owns Callahan :wacko:)

No, Here is what is going to happen.

Reesing will be knocked out of the game early because we will be blitzing every single play, however so will half of our linebackers. Their 2nd team QB will only remember one or two plays, which will play into Coz's hands. Finally a chess match! Coz's brilliant game-plan will be to try to stop the triple option. which will somehow stop what the backup QB is trying to do. Ganz will have the game of his life with more rushing years than passing yards. Lucky will break both the single season reception mark and the single game mark with 22 catches, most of them will be 3- 4 yard increments. We will have 6 offside penalaties, all at inconvenient times. Adi will have 4 40+ field goals and Henry will stay perfect with his kicks. Mangino has a down day and coaches like the New York Jets, Sunday he gains 33 lbs. Nebraska does win 32-24, because there is a written contract somewhere that says we have to beat Kansas on a regular basis.

Coach Shamahan will lead the Big Red Biscuit machine to a 13-7 halftime lead with Adi keeping us up with his big leg on field goals.

We will score early in the 2nd half to go up 20-7 and score late in the game to get our total up to 27 pts.

In between our two second half scores, Kansas will rack up over 350 yards of offense on the way to over 500 yards total and score 3 TD and 1 FG to hold on to a 31-27 win.

Now why does that sound kind of familiar...?!?