Dont touch the Goal posts!

JHaWk

yes it is just a rumor and highly doubt that its true, but it just makes me worry that some of my fellow drunk students will attempt to rush the field

The fact that this rumor is even out suggest that the posts will be torn down

I want KU to have some class as we have not shown for a while

Also has the goal posts at Memorial Stadium ever been torn down? Just wondering

Surprised you'd tear down your goalposts after a loss.

No way the goal posts will be wired. Probably illegal, irresponsible, negligent, and downright dangerous. It is a stupid custom and I wouldn't want my kid doing it but that has got to be a rumor with nothing behind it. Kansas is not that stupid.

dedhoarse I hear it helps keep their cheerleaders from grazing in the end zone if they keep it wired.

I can't imagine tearing the goalpost down..unless of course, your Field Goal Kicker keeps missing wide right. :hellloooo

tearing down goal posts is what other schools do. your goal posts are safe.

In order to tear down the goal posts, you have to be able to get into the end zone...so yeah, your goal posts are safe...at least until the fourth quarter when the game has usually been out of reach.

You certainly would be the expert on offenses not reaching the endzone

In order to tear down the goal posts, you have to be able to get into the end zone...so yeah, your goal posts are safe...at least until the fourth quarter when the game has usually been out of reach.

You certainly would be the expert on offenses not reaching the endzone

We can reach it easy enough...we just have trouble getting into it once we have reached it. <_<

Get your jabs in while you can, wee man. :box But just beware of what you say because Nebraska is still Nebraska, which means we know we'll get a great coach to come in here and turn things around. The only question is how long it will take. So don't think that Husker Nation isn't taking every comment into its elephantine memory, which we will use as feul, ala the Patriots, when we embarrass all of you by stuffing that extra "eff you" TD down your throat with our fullback with :15 seconds left in the game when we're already up 52-6. So please, keep it coming.

Maybe I misread the opening point of this thread. I cannot imagine the Kansas administration worrying about Husker fans tearing down their goalposts after we win. I read it to mean that they are worried about their own fans after the Huskers get beat.

I would be very surprised if Husker fans did that. It would probably start a big fight and arrests and lots of trouble. It has probably happened but I do not ever recall Husker fans tearing down goalposts after a regular season win. A national championship maybe but I am not even sure it happened in the big VII championship game. We are too used to winning for those kinds of theatrics and that is too much of an "in your face" gesture for most Husker fans to entertain.

I would be very surprised if they somehow were able to make the goalposts electric.

Well...what are goalposts made of? Even if they had electric wires running through the goalposts (doubtful, IMO, but I could be wrong), the material itself is not conducting.

And if they did have wires, then I'd imagine it'd be pretty hazardous whenever ANY goalposts are torn down. I can't imagine that KU's goalposts are different from anyone else's.

Get your jabs in while you can, wee man. :box But just beware of what you say because Nebraska is still Nebraska, which means we know we'll get a great coach to come in here and turn things around. The only question is how long it will take. So don't think that Husker Nation isn't taking every comment into its elephantine memory, which we will use as feul, ala the Patriots, when we embarrass all of you by stuffing that extra "eff you" TD down your throat with our fullback with :15 seconds left in the game when we're already up 52-6. So please, keep it coming.

Just having some fun with you all. I've been a fan of the Huskers since the 70's and I'm taking as much crap about them up here this year as everybody else is. Can't help but like the Cyclones though...no matter how long the odds are, the fans still show up in droves and are either delusional or drunk enough to think they stand a chance of winning. Gotta love a team and fans that know they suck but are going to have a great time upholding their "suckiest" reputation.