Is it just me, or is anyone else waiting for TO to announce BC is out NOW

Like I'm enjoying and savoring this infected ingrown toenail that's been bothering me for almost a year.

**This too shall pass...we all know it will. HOWEVER, in reading the other posts (i.e. BC & Coz walking right by TO) isn't there anything in their contracts that talk about insubordination? I mean if you or I were not doing our job and dissed the head honcho, we'd be out on our kiesters but quick!

I hadn't heard about any Silent treatment..Does that still work back home?

You'd think Tom would be better at politicking..Not saying things that can later delay him in doing things in a timely manner...He could've just said, "I don't PLAN to assess the coaching staff until the end of the season".

Could be true at the time, but allows leeway for a change of mind later on.

You're probably right and it's just Bugeater23 that's having an anticipation problem, but there's also the next recruiting class to think about.

The recruits that were drawn to us only because of the Coaching staff should already be history.

The sooner the replacement staff can be announced or at least narrowed down, the better some of those recruits can be persuaded back or at least better fitting players based on what offense we run in the future.. can be targeted.

**Do we really want recruits who are ONLY going to play for Nebraska because of the coaching staff? I'd rather have a team of local boys who WANT to play for Nebraska because of what NU has to offer not only as a football program but as a university. Think back to our glory days. Those kids WANTED to play. Talk to most kids around here back in those days and they couldn't wait to get that white helmet with the red N on it. It's going to take some time. Again, we've only got a few weeks to wait then we can REALLY have a 'wine & cheese' party! :hellloooo

Very true, but also highly unlikely any recruits wanted to be N JUST because of the coaches..More probably 40-60% for the personal relationships developed with the Coach/recruiter, and 60-40% because they like snow..er.. I mean, Nebraska.

We could give all our schollarships to normal walk-ons..Heck, I still might have some eligibility left and I doubt my Wife would miss me that much...But say we go after a Bo Pelini or (insert your coach flavor of the day here)..There's quite a few blue chippers.Say a Neil Smith type from New Orleans (back in my day)..This time he's thinking about playing a little closer to home..Partly because his Mom has a warm spot for Bogasms.

There might be time to get Neil Jr. to follow the new Coach through any wall..even one made with hard packed snow and cornstalks.

Now back to your fancy wine and cheese party. :wasted

(While I try to find a place open on Sundays that sells Ales I can inhale). :cheers

***Want a little cheese with that whine? lol

***And here's to the Big Red. As Arnold always tells us: WE'LL BE BAACK!

Hey..I wonder if he'd be interested in being our Strength/Conditioning Coach?

Umm one huge thing... If we fire BC & co. who will run the show... They all have to go but someone needs to keep the lights on for the next few weeks.....

Who is running the show now? BC & co is doing nothing more than running our program into the ground.

Don't we have "people" for that?

My best friend lives pretty close to the Stadium and his son's pretty good at flipping switches.

I was hoping for the change after the Missouri game but now grudgingly have accepted that Callahan will finish out the year and then be out. My passion for "heads should roll now" is long gone. Callahan's arrogance, stubborness and bad coaching make him richly deserving to be there for every embarrassing moment in these awful times. It'd be almost unfair to pay him his millions, let him off the hook now and not make him go through this like the rest of us.