I'm a Ganz fan

Interesting stats from yesterday

J. Ganz 25/50 405 8.1 4td 4int (plus 1 td on the running)

M. Ryan (BC) 26/53 415 7.8 2td 3int

One was hyped for the heisman all year long and one sat the bench without even a sniff of playing time.. and Callahan didn't see this? I felt like Ganz led by example. He ( Ganz, definately not Callahan ) has my support for the rest of the year.

Interesting stats from yesterday

J. Ganz 25/50 405 8.1 4td 4int (plus 1 td on the running)

M. Ryan (BC) 26/53 415 7.8 2td 3int

One was hyped for the heisman all year long and one sat the bench without even a sniff of playing time.. and Callahan didn't see this? I felt like Ganz led by example. He ( Ganz, definately not Callahan ) has my support for the rest of the year.

without any real playing time, youhad to figure Ganz would throw some piks, but he needs to learn not to force the ball. although we were desperate from the starting whistle, so i understand his mistakes.

The picks came on mostly overthrown balls. He wasn't trying to sneak one by the d, he was just inacurate. Thats the bottom line. Passes sailed on that kid all day.For instance, on the 1st touchdown dive, Teafatiller was WIDE open on the play before the score. It was an issue all day and to say that he had 4 INTs because he doesn't know when not to throw it is incorrect. Get the ball down and fast to your recievers and dont make them leap for a catch across the middle.

I thought Ganz played well for his first outing since high school. Some balls really got away from him in the second half though. Ouch.

He was put into another horrible position by the defense and did what he could. Too bad 40 wasn't enough to win the game.

Ganz is a decent QB and did have an impressive outing for his first start especially against a top 10 team.

I will say it is apparent that Ganz does not get as much zip on the ball as Keller. I noticed that at the spring game. But I think he'll do just fine with his knowledge of the system and if he doesn't try and do too much himself.

I agree. And I think that's why he threw those INT's. Just kinda got ahead of himself, trying to score on every play because it's the only way we could keep up.

He'll do just fine the next two games.

Joe played a great game. I liked how mobile he was. The picks were the only bad part, but it was expected when you are passing on every down and the defense knows it.

Yep, when the defense can sit back they're going to make plays. What I like about Gnz is that he knows who to get the ball to in the redzone. Purify was covered by one of the better CB's in the Big XII and still made the plays.

Ganz did very well. It was his first game. As for the overthrows and the picks, that is something that might happen when you take a chance down field. I prefer he takes those chances most of the time. Purify is prolly glad he took those chances. That's evident in the type of game he had. And eventually his (Ganz) accuracy will improve over time. Without the shots taken, say hello to 3 or 4 yard immediate check downs over and over which eventually keeps you from stretching the field. We will see what happens the next few games. It was encouraging.