Can even Osborne fix it...?

I have faith that with the right people in place we can recover. We have talent on both sides of the ball, just need the right coaches. I have no worries.

We do have talent, yes. But, is there any spirit left? Will these guys be so beat down, coming off seven straight beatdowns and being ridiculed (even during the Colts - Patriots game they laughed at NU), will they be able to have any confidence? I'd expect that the recruiting class could be tough to fill this year and that there will be some transfers too. There is a great deal to overcome.

It will take years to recover. The current players are not going to recover from this, at least not entirely. The recruiting will be poor for a while (at least this year it will be --- even if we retain a good subset of these kids, if you notice this is not a fast group of players. Team speed and team strength are still among the worst in the conference.

No, it is not for Dr. Tom to fix. It is for him to hire the right guy and for the fan base to wait. It will be likely 3 - 4 years before you should expect a bowl eligible NU squad. Might get there sooner. But do not hold your breath.

Next time that NU is really winning, well.... those who stuck with the team will really appreciate it. It will take patience.

Damn straight TO can fix it, and it won't be no long term reconstruction project. Damn I've gotten so much sh*t from fans of inferior programs on my other board that I'm fed up. It'd put a smile on my face if when I come in here tomorrow and find out the Cosgrove, Callahan and the rest have gotten sent outta Lincoln on a hot rail.

Damn straight TO can fix it, and it won't be no long term reconstruction project. Damn I've gotten so much sh*t from fans of inferior programs on my other board that I'm fed up. It'd put a smile on my face if when I come in here tomorrow and find out the Cosgrove, Callahan and the rest have gotten sent outta Lincoln on a hot rail.

Be realistic. Yes, it will be long term. Perhaps Nu can maybe see the lower middle of the big 12 within a year and the middle within the next 2 - 3. But if you are talking about hanging with Oklahoma and Texas and being a ranked team (with any regularity) --- or even a consistent bowl team --- well, that will take time.

Right now our only competition in the Big 12 is Baylor and Iowa State. NU would, I would predict, in their current state of mind, lose to both right now. No team goes from 10th or 11th in their conference to competitive within a year. Two or three years of at or slightly better than .500 football would be a big improvement. Anything beyond that, in terms of expectation, is asking too much. Falling is much quicker and much easier than getting back up.

Seven beatdowns in a row and being the joke of every commentator in the business is not something that the current players will recover from any time soon (and for many, they simply will not recover). It is also not what super recruits fall all over each other to join either.

We Husker fans have entered into the "real" world of the suffering fan. Everyone else has been there. We are there now and that will not change overnight, or over even a season or two. Husker fans, brace yourselves for the long haul. All we can do is root them on. And wait.

What we can, I hope, expect..... hustle and effort, and physical play and maybe some grit and character. That, if we get the right coaches in might come quickly --- if there is anything left in these kids tanks. But results beyond maybe, maybe making a bowl game next year are not realistic.

While the team's psyche might be damaged, let's remember that we have been at least competitive the last couple of years. This year, the bottom fell out. The question is why? If, as many suspect, it's due to the coaches being unable to motivate, the lack of conditioning, poor game planning, etc., then the right coach can turn that around in a few years.

Right now, we need a proven coach who can motivate, recruit, recognize and hire talented assistants, and has a sound offensive and defensive philosophy that the assistants can teach. The base is there - we need someone that can come in and build on it.

While the team's psyche might be damaged, let's remember that we have been at least competitive the last couple of years. This year, the bottom fell out. The question is why? If, as many suspect, it's due to the coaches being unable to motivate, the lack of conditioning, poor game planning, etc., then the right coach can turn that around in a few years.

Right now, we need a proven coach who can motivate, recruit, recognize and hire talented assistants, and has a sound offensive and defensive philosophy that the assistants can teach. The base is there - we need someone that can come in and build on it.

you know, it is so easy to criticize...and I do. I have asked myself what is it that they are not doing right. The thing that really stuck out the first few games of the year was the missed tackles. Everyone on the team was missing tackles...two or three a play sometimes...terrible. The Texas game was a effort in desperation on Cosgrove's part...you cannot just blitz everyone every play and continue to get away with it without the other team catching up to it and burning you...but then they just kept doing it...duh!!

I think the offensive scheme wasn't bad, except that it is not designed, nor is any offense designed to have to come back from being down so far...you cannot keep passing the ball every play or the opposing defense will catch on and burn you as happened yesterday and in the 4th Qtr of the Texas game.

After all the failure that has taken place this year, it is going to be really hard to motivate next years team. That is why they need to bring in someone that is very charismatic and can bring the team together as a team. Fans should not expect an overnight turn around...won't happen. It can get quite a bit better pretty fast though...if all the pieces come together just right. In no way are we where Kansas, Iowa State, and K-State was for so long. We have hope. And we have the knowledge of what it is to win, and eventually expect to win again. The outlook down the road is good...if all the pieces come together. I just hope we don't go through another coach in 4 years...we need someone that is going to end up retiring here, that is what the psyche of the Husker fan wants.

GBR...even if it isn't this year. :woo