Can even Osborne fix it...?

I'm wondering if even Tom Osborne can fix the Husker football program now that Callahan and company has totally ruined it. My guess would be that he can't. I think the destruction of the program goes so deep that it's going to be a very long time to recover, if ever. This is probably one of the worst teams in 60 or so years and because they have fallen so far so fast it makes me wonder if the Huskers will ever get back on top no matter who the coach is. The tradition is shot, recruting is shot and even the fans are giving up. The program is mortally wounded. It will be tough to get a decent coach in here because of that. My guess is Nebraska will end up being an average team for a long time, pull an upset once in a great while and maybe, just maybe, end up in the top 25 once in a while.

I'm wondering if even Tom Osborne can fix the Husker football program now that Callahan and company has totally ruined it. My guess would be that he can't. I think the destruction of the program goes so deep that it's going to be a very long time to recover, if ever. This is probably one of the worst teams in 60 or so years and because they have fallen so far so fast it makes me wonder if the Huskers will ever get back on top no matter who the coach is. The tradition is shot, recruting is shot and even the fans are giving up. The program is mortally wounded. It will be tough to get a decent coach in here because of that. My guess is Nebraska will end up being an average team for a long time, pull an upset once in a great while and maybe, just maybe, end up in the top 25 once in a while.

Osborne CAN fix it - in fact, he's the perfect person TO fix it.

Osborne knows what it takes to get back on top. He'll hire the right guy that will treat players right and get them to play at or above their potential.

Don't worry.

it may seem like a long way back - but we'll be back - probably sooner than later.

Yes, it can be fixed. Yes, it will take a couple of years. I believe we can be an average team for the next couple of years and be back in the top 3 or 4 big 12 teams within 3 years.

Another 2 to be a top 10 program again.

Maybe optimistic, but with the right staff, I believe it is only going to take a few wins to get the Big Machine rolling again.

I believe that the Big Red will return for 2 reasons: Tom Osborne and the Husker Nation.

What we must keep in mind is that it may take more than 2 or 3 years. I think we will be competitive NEXT year and won't have to endure anymore humiliations like the last 2 months. We should all calm down and set out expections to a reasonable level.

Let's take a hint from TO. Even during his National Championship years he would always seem to predict - "I think we may be a good team next year" .... or words to that effect. Even when we were loaded he downplayed the expectations.

holy sh#t Batman, the sky is not falling. a lot of mortally wounded programs have been turned around in 2-4 years, hell man, don't give up because one dumb ass AD and a washed up NFL coach got some quality time in our program.......we are far from being down and out. our tradition alone will eventually bring us back.

relax, drink a beer or two and take a pill! we are already headed in the right direction with Dr. Tom as AD.

People need to stop wasting away in their misery. I know we are a bad team....everyone knows we are a bad team. No need to pound out the reasons that have been said for weeks now. People forget about Oklahoma back in the 90's. They were a horrid program....absolutely terrible. They went through 3 head coaches in a short span before Stoops came in and had the right chemistry. It is incredibly unfortunate the disaster this season has been after looking promising last year. The people that are in charge are there for a reason. They are not retarded to the fact of what is going on. There are things going on, changes, talks, etc that we will never know about because it is non of our business until things are official. Sure it sucks in the meantime, but we are not the first and certainly not the least school that has been through this before.

We've only been in big trouble for the last 4 years. If Cally has gotten some good recruits, then a good coach ought to be able to pull us out before we lose the good players we're supposed to have already and before future players decide that NU is a joke. I think giving cally another year or two would completely trash our future. However, look at what Devaney did when he showed up (no winning season for 20ish years before he showed up). Do I think we can get another Devaney? It's possible, who knows?