Possible Resignations??

My buddy in Lincoln said he heard that after the K.ST game Callahan will be let go and Watson will be announced as the interim coach. To give him two weeks to prepare for Col. He said that's the latest rumor going around. May or not be true he said. Just like every thing else we have been hearing lately.

GBR!!!

My buddy in Lincoln said he heard that after the K.ST game Callahan will be let go and Watson will be announced as the interim coach. To give him two weeks to prepare for Col. He said that's the latest rumor going around. May or not be true he said. Just like every thing else we have been hearing lately.

GBR!!!

Even Shatel says TO should Fire Billy C on 11/11 after the KSU game. :)

O.K. now the "todays rumor" can stop. No indication anywhere of a news conference.

I think there is a news conference every Tuesday after a game. And, after Callahan ignored Osborne who was trying to talk to him as he walked off the field at half-time Saturday, I wouldn't doubt that Tom would decide it was time now to end the Callahan era regardless of what he said earlier. Tom probably knows that the bleeding needs to end as it is damaging fans, boosters and the University at this point.

I think if there were any truth to the resignations, some reporter would have picked up on it already and we would be reading about it on ESPN.

Just to play devil's advocate, that's what people some people said when the rumors were flying around about Pederson being fired the night before. There was barely a peep out of the media until the official press release, and what little peeps there were were about how it was all just rumors and it wasn't going to happen.

I don't think there's any substance to this rumor, but I do think that this would be the perfect time to resign if they are going to at all. Think about it: there's no way that Billy C or Coz want to show their faces in Memorial Stadium after yet another record loss. But I doubt it will happen.

Another thought: I think that after the Huskers lose to K-State at home by 30 next Saturday, the Nebraska fans should rush onto the field and rip down the goalposts in celebration that they'll never have to see Billy C on their sidelines again. And if they decide to skewer Billy C and Coz with the posts like a human shish kabob, I'm okay with that.

:w00t

its all nonsense. he said he wouldn't resign, and TO said he wouldn't fire him. end of the story. I don't think either man is the lying type.

Considering Clownahan has been caught lieing while here (lied about making the throat slash gesture that was caught on national TV), what makes you think he wouldn't lie again?

I'm pretty sure there has been a "buyout" negotiation taking place for quite some time. If the money has been agreed upon, BC will get whatever was settled on after he makes his resignation. What's pathetic is the fact that this loser gets paid millions after totally crushing us. I don't even think if CU could have hired our last coach that they could have come up with a bigger bum than Pud did.

Everyone that wanted to give BC more time will get their wish: it will just be with a different coach. This staff has crushed some of the poorest records we have. It will be very tough for the new coach to do any worse. After going through this season, I think most fans will be more than willing to give the new coach time.

If you have a membership to Rivals.com or Husker Sports Illustrated you can get on to their message board. There they have a thread entitled: "Callahan addresses his future on Monday's Big 12 Conference Call"

So if anyone here subscribes to that site could you read that thread and let us know what's going on?

I think him resigning would be the ONLY way he could gain any respect from anyone around him. I don't think he cares about respect or even fully understands what it really is. And as far as him not being a the type to lie?? How about his saying he has done an excellent job in all areas? Ok, maybe he actually believes this and didn't willingly lie. Who is he kidding he wants to be paid and not work. Hell, he is making money over fist by not working and getting fired. Anyone know what the contract in Oakland was all about? He will not resign. He will make is retirement by getting fired and probably already has. Now he is working on the kids's retirement.

I've heard it mentioned when Callahan gets fired fans will meet at 72nd and Dodge in Omaha to celebrate like after the national championships!

I will drive the 9 hours to celebrate with everyone.

And I'll bring the beer (the Budweiser brewery is four blocks from my house, so I'll bring plenty). :cheers