We are the laughing stock of college football

I disagree. From what I'm reading more people feel pitty for us than are laughing.........pitty is worse.

Yeah - those people who really know the ins and outs of college football pity us... and that's not a good thing.

Take it from an objective observer. There is neither laughter or pity. It's more amazement and shock. It's like a head-on train wreck. Oh... you may find some snide snickering from the young and stupid, but most observers are just shocked.

I agree with MUTigerFan......it's more shock than pity. Nebraska was so powerful for so long and now they are on the wrong end of a "70s hanging" and the shock is evident. When they announced the Husker score at halftime of the Arkansas/South Carolina game there was not a cheer but a collective gasp. You guys hang in tough.....things will cycle and then it's back to pencilling in Kansas, Iowa State, Missouri, etc.

The Day's of Penciling in Missouri are finished. Pinkel has built the facilities, built a winning attitude, and now is working on building tradition. Missouri is not a one year wonder. We have been "on the way" for four or five years. We haven't done it "overnight" . Pinkel has grown as a coach with the program, and has done it the right way.

I am very proud of the Missouri Football Team regardless of the outcome of the season. Don't sell MU short, MU has the best Athletes of anyone in the North at this time. The only team that is more athletic, expecially on the offensive side of the football, is Oklahoma. MU has 9 underclassmen on a defense that is getting stronger week in and week out. Am I talking a dynasty that Husker fans enjoyed? No, but as far as a one year wonder like Kansas, Missouri does not fit that bill.

Good luck to the Huskers, and to the Hogs against LSU to end the season.

Everyone thought NU would be decent if not very good this year. What really

made me realize the Nebraska season was starting to fail was the Ball State game. I do not enjoy this catastrophe that I see. The whole Big 12 needs Nebraska to be strong so that we can compete better. I believe that the Big 12 will be just as "tough" as the SEC. Big 12 football has always been the best and always will be. I cannot wait until NU is good again and we can have a competitive game like the one last year in Lincoln.

I disagree. From what I'm reading more people feel pitty for us than are laughing.........pitty is worse.

I think people feel sorry for us because they know this is not what Nebraska is and they know the wrong people were running the program. I've heard numerous national sports guys saying Callahan needs to go.

I'm an NU Alum who has relocated to Oklahoma City. Moved to a nice suburban neighborhood, OSU and OU fans all around us. Had Nebraska plates when we moved, first night in te new house, someone baseball batted the side mirrors off both our cars. Welcome to Oklahoma!

I wear a bright red Nebraska Football hat everywhere. Sometimes I get sh**ty service because of it. Most of the time people talk to me about NU football and how they miss the annual Thanksgiving rivalry games we used to have. They talk about how great a program it was and how they hope it will rebound.

Most of the people who know me are really very nice about it. Sometimes, you'll run into a jerk, but it is pretty rare.

B