Callahan pulled a Bush...

What is wrong with blasting somebody on their religious beliefs? Why should it be an untouchable subject? Of course he can believe in what he wants to. It's just that if he shows a lack of reasonable thought in his personal life, it just furthers our argument that he doesn't have a clue.

Seems to me from the statements on this board his plan has worked. It got many of you to defend him, when otherwise you were prepared to stone him.

All the way at the end...

ESPN Article

I actually believe that Bush is a Christian.

Heheh "Who Would Jesus Bomb?"

I don't believe Jesus to have been a pacifist. He certainly didn't stop the Romans from crucifying people.

Then who would have crucified Jesus?!?!

Seriously, though, Jesus was the "turn the other cheek" guy, remember?

Vaguely..It was a long time ago and he spoke this strange language that involved a lot of spitting as I recall..Some of it might have been lost in the translation...But I do seem to remember him pointing at something.

That "Who would Jesus Bomb?" should be on a bumper sticker if it's not already.

Personally, I believe Cally is sincere..He's probably been seeking solace in lots more places lately.

I doubt any of us would be above dropping a few "Names" to help cushion the wrath of Husker Nation, but I also don't think anything has to be mutually exclusive.

I still don't know what to make of Bush..My "Evil Televangelists Radar" seems to be off lately..He may be a "Christian" just not sure how tuned into God he really is.

Well I haven't defended him.

The man is gone, will get what we wanted.

I just don't see what good comes from blasting his personal beliefs.

Or in Coz's situation being harrassed and threatened.

They are as good as gone, can't we just celebrate that without insulting them???????

This has to be the ultimate low blow.

Busting a guy for stating he derives his strength through God.

Get a life.

It wasn't a low blow! It's just a funny joke! People laugh at funny things! Ha! Ha! Ha! Like that!

What is funny about it?

Explaining a joke makes it not funny.

(I am referring to the way the subject was brought up, not the people who are all "oh man what a douche he's not sincere" because that's not funny)

What is wrong with blasting somebody on their religious beliefs? Why should it be an untouchable subject? Of course he can believe in what he wants to. It's just that if he shows a lack of reasonable thought in his personal life, it just furthers our argument that he doesn't have a clue.

Seems to me from the statements on this board his plan has worked. It got many of you to defend him, when otherwise you were prepared to stone him.

:yeah:yeah

All the way at the end...

ESPN Article

Just be glad that Callahan is gone after 4 years unlike Bush. I think somehow they are related, i mean one destroyed a football team and the other destroyed a nation. :lol:

Wanna Bet?

Just the mention of God probably bought him another year in Osbornes eyes.

(God I hope I'm wrong)

No... I fhe were so into God, he wouldn't have called TO a crusty old f***. He would've listened to what Osborne had to say from Day 1.

Tony Dungy Callahan is not. But he IS one of 75 people who've trod this earth who've coached in a SooperBowl.

No... I fhe were so into God, he wouldn't have called TO a crusty old f***. He would've listened to what Osborne had to say from Day 1.

...and if Moses was so into God he wouldn't have struck that rock in the desert, and if Peter was so into God he wouldn't have sunk walking on water or denied Christ three times, and if Abraham was so into God he wouldn't have laughed when God told him he would have a child in his old age, and if King David was so into God he wouldn't have committed murder and adultery, and if Jonah was so into God he wouldn't have spent so much time in the belly of the fish...

Clearly these guys weren't really into God, they were just wearing their religion on their sleeves. :sarcasm

...and Osborne is God's surrogate on earth. Listen to him

Look, judge the guy on being a poor coach, not on his faith. I think that commentary is much ado about nothing. If he wants to acknowledge he's a Christian and that he relies on God, then perhaps that's the most productive thing he's said all year in a presser.

Criticizing him for pulling the God card sounds like an unnecessary 'pile-on'

And by the way, he's not like Bush. Bush is a :asshat that says 'God bless America' and then proceeds to send innocent men and women to put their lives on the line for unjust policy. Callahan is a saint compared to Bush. Cosgrove, on the other hand, is about as bad as Donald Rumsfeld.

...and if Moses was so into God he wouldn't have struck that rock in the desert, and if Peter was so into God he wouldn't have sunk walking on water or denied Christ three times, and if Abraham was so into God he wouldn't have laughed when God told him he would have a child in his old age, and if King David was so into God he wouldn't have committed murder and adultery, and if Jonah was so into God he wouldn't have spent so much time in the belly of the fish...

Clearly these guys weren't really into God, they were just wearing their religion on their sleeves. :sarcasm

I have no doubt Cally is a Christian guy. But he's without the character of TO or Tony Dungy... I think that's pretty obvious.

I have no doubt Cally is a Christian guy. But he's without the character of TO or Tony Dungy... I think that's pretty obvious.

that's really not for you to judge

that's really not for you to judge

I can take two public figures who are employees of the state and compare their character against each other in a public forum such as this.

I'm pretty sure guys of high character don't use the f-bomb when referring to other guys of high character -- especially when the other guy is a legend in your chosen livelihood and at the institution you are currently employed.