Next "Voice of...

The next "Voice of the Huskers".  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Personally, I'd like to see Kent Pavelka come back and have additional commentary by Gary Sadlemeyer (SP).

It would just be nice to hear a game again and know who's got the ball, what down it is and how many yards they have to go to get a first down, let alone every time the other team scores have it be like you witnessed a slaying.

I like a announcer who gets fired up about the Huskers, but I prefer to turn down the announcers on the TV and turn up the radio. I used to like it when you could hear the action on the field, not just the talk in the booth.

Personally, I'd like to see Kent Pavelka come back and have additional commentary by Gary Sadlemeyer (SP).

It would just be nice to hear a game again and know who's got the ball, what down it is and how many yards they have to go to get a first down, let alone every time the other team scores have it be like you witnessed a slaying.

I like a announcer who gets fired up about the Huskers, but I prefer to turn down the announcers on the TV and turn up the radio. I used to like it when you could hear the action on the field, not just the talk in the booth.

ugh. No.

It's I think Kugler or Sharpe. Although Sharpe does bleed purple....

Pavelka want a ridiculously large sack of cash when he left. Unless he's been humbled, why would they go that direction? I mean, I realize that people would like it to be 1995 forever but damn.

Matt Davidson??

Meh, he's a good broadcaster but he doesn't have that "radio voice" that I look for in the lead guy. I'd like to keep him on the staff, but bring in Kugler or Pavelka as the main dude.

in addition to that, being able to carry a broadcast in the no. 1 chair is a completely different role that Matt has never occupied nor does he have the skillset to do. I believe Kugler to be the most talented, however I do not want him to get the job because it could jepoardize the unbiased approach he uses in his daily show, which is on far more than 13 times a year, or in the case 12.