College Football Live says.....

?Callahan has said that he will not resign and Osborne has said that he will not fire. So we are in a stalemate until the postseason."

***Right...I think I said that very thing in the original post. So why did you feel the need to repeat it here?

Do you live in a cave or just a real poor listener?

***What's your point? It appears to me that perhaps you need to take time to re-read what was written originally because your little outburst here doesn't make any sense. Oh and by the way, I live in a split level entry and I'm an excellent listener. That comment didn't seem to make sense to me nor was it appreciated.

Turner Gill? Ugh.

I love Turner for all he did while in Lincoln, but should he not show sustained success before coaching a major D1 program? Sure, it is fine he is turning around a horrid Buffalo program, but who is to say that is the 'blind squirrel' theory?

We seem to forget we ran this guy off as a QB coach just a few short years ago -- but now we are ready to hand the reigns over to him as the top guy?

Right now, it just isn't the time for Turner to take a huge leap up until he proves over time he is ready for the position. It will basically become the small fish - big ocean type thing.

I really like Turner Gill and all he did for this program, but i just have a lot of doubts. You are right that the he is not ready talk is one the only thing that keeps popping up. But can you give me some good reasons of why he should be the head coach, besides of the tradition factor and what he did at Buffaloe. Dont get me wrong we need a lot of tradition restored, but we can trust that tradition alone will get us there.

***Thank you for giving some interesting insight. I appreciate it.

I would rather have Pelini instead of Gill because I really do think Pelini is more prepared to be a head coach. Bo has been second in command on three teams (NU, OK, and LSU) LSU is in the middle of a title hunt right now, while Buffaloe isnt even really hunting for the MAC championship. I think is much easier to take a terrible team and make them decent and much harder to make a great team play great.

***I agree but Pelini has never had any Head Coaching experience. But perhaps a better question to ask would be, what DOES make a good head coach? What criteria can one base this decision on?

Another thing that makes Pelini very atractive is the connections he has in coaching. Just think if he could get Mike Stoops as our DC, now that would be freaking sweet. His brother Karl Pelini is a good coach who would probably get a job.

****Mike Stoops is at University of Arizona right now. Here's what I recently read about him: "Rumors about Stoops losing his job started after Arizona lost to Stanford to fall to 2-6 on the season, but the Wildcats have won two in a row." So is he really that good? I don't know anything about Bo's brother.

Pelini is the ultimate motivator which is what we need right now at NU, I think Gill is more like TO in that he is calm and collected and isnt going to get real excited. But right now i think we need somebody who will get some fire in these kids.

****I think if any reason keeps me off the Pelini Band wagon it's the issue of his passion. Passion for the game is one thing but the last thing we need is a coach who is unable to keep his emotions at check. We've been embarrassed enough without having to go through anymore embarrassment. Now, Bo has probably grown since he left Nebraska, I'll give him that. So this may be a moot point, but I have to tell you this issue is the one reason why I'm not on the Pelini bandwagon.

Pelini also has the NFL card to play to recruits, but he is proven in college. I think that was one of Callahan's biggest recruiting tools and i think Pelini can use the fact that he has coached for the 49ers, New England and Green Bay.

***Gill also has an NFL card (In 2005, Gill was hired by the Green Bay Packers as Director of Player Development to help players become acclimated to playing professional football in Green Bay and to direct players to resources concerning community involvement, continuing education, financial management, and retirement planning.) so I'm sure he too has contacts in that area. Gill also is proven in college (After spending a season each at North Texas University and Southern Methodist University, Gill returned once again to Nebraska, where he coached quarterbacks from 1992-2003 and wide receivers in 2004.) The fact that he is an African American coach is also a draw for many recruits.

My ultimate dream team would be Pelini as head coach, Mike Stoops as DC, somehow TO talks Turner Gill into being our OC (which i think would be a step up from the Buffaloe job), and a mix of Pelini's guys, husker guys and a few guys from the current staff as our assistants. Now would be sweet!!!

***I think we're both after the same thing. The ultimate package for Nebraska. May the best man win and I am confident that TO will make a wise decision.

Thanks again for taking the time to talk about this issue. I appreciate it.

I would rather have Pelini instead of Gill because I really do think Pelini is more prepared to be a head coach. Bo has been second in command on three teams (NU, OK, and LSU) LSU is in the middle of a title hunt right now, while Buffaloe isnt even really hunting for the MAC championship. I think is much easier to take a terrible team and make them decent and much harder to make a great team play great.

so...Pelini is more prepared to be a head coach? hm..i disagree i would think the fact that Turner is a head coach shows that he was more prepared for that mantle. and what the hell are you smoking, Buffaloe[sic] isnt[sic] really hunting for the mac championship? they are one loss out of the lead for their division, yeah, not in the running. Bowling Green is 4 - 1 in the division(you only count your division record to get to the mac championship game) while Buffalo is 4 - 2 in the same division, that seems to be in the running to me(Bowling Green is the leader of the division)

Husker3ever and Vuren, i am just curious if you did any kind of research before you posted or if just hope that you know what you are talking about and think people will beleive you?

Another correction: Buffalo is 4-2 in the MAC conference behind Miami(OH) 4-1, and Miami holds the tie breaker with Buffalo so that actually means Miami has a two game lead on Buffalo. With only 2 conference games left on the scheduel Miami plays Akron (3-3 in conference) and Ohio (3-4 in conference). For Buffalo to win the MAC east they would need to win out and have Miami lose their remaining two games. So i will give you that there is a chance for them to win the MAC, its pretty tiny considering they dont even control their own destiny.

anyone that thinks we are going to a bowl game is a dip....get real. Even if offered, this team should turn it down...they deserve the toilet bowl if any bowl, you are living on fantasy island if you really believe that any bowl is in our future.

2007 Toilet Bowl; Nebraska-Notre Dame.

anyone that thinks we are going to a bowl game is a dip....get real. Even if offered, this team should turn it down...they deserve the toilet bowl if any bowl, you are living on fantasy island if you really believe that any bowl is in our future.

hahah.. i'll take that as a personal shot at me.. since i pointed out its possible.. note i didn't say i think it will happen.. but you cannot rule it out until we are mathematically out of contention.. last time i looked.. 6-6 is bowl eligible..and that IS a possibility.. not that it will happen.. its just possible..

You pretty much can rule it out if we go 6-6 because there is a new rule in the NCAA this year that NO 6-6 teams may be taken over a 7-5. I heard this on 1620 a couple days ago, they said if we finish 6-6 we still won't go to a bowl because of this. They said you'll start seeing less and less 6-6 teams in the bowls.

hahah.. i'll take that as a personal shot at me.. since i pointed out its possible.. note i didn't say i think it will happen.. but you cannot rule it out until we are mathematically out of contention.. last time i looked.. 6-6 is bowl eligible..and that IS a possibility.. not that it will happen.. its just possible..

You pretty much can rule it out if we go 6-6 because there is a new rule in the NCAA this year that NO 6-6 teams may be taken over a 7-5. I heard this on 1620 a couple days ago, they said if we finish 6-6 we still won't go to a bowl because of this. They said you'll start seeing less and less 6-6 teams in the bowls.

If true, this is a good thing IMO. If you can't win more games than you lose, you don't deserve to play in the post-season.

Husker3ever and Vuren, i am just curious if you did any kind of research before you posted or if just hope that you know what you are talking about and think people will beleive you?

Another correction: Buffalo is 4-2 in the MAC conference behind Miami(OH) 4-1, and Miami holds the tie breaker with Buffalo so that actually means Miami has a two game lead on Buffalo. With only 2 conference games left on the scheduel Miami plays Akron (3-3 in conference) and Ohio (3-4 in conference). For Buffalo to win the MAC east they would need to win out and have Miami lose their remaining two games. So i will give you that there is a chance for them to win the MAC, its pretty tiny considering they dont even control their own destiny.

Actually, you're wrong NPhusker. In the MAC, only divisional games count, as they have an unbalanced schedule due to an odd number of teams. Therefore, the 3-1 records that Buffalo and Miami have in the East division are what matters. If Miami loses one game and Buffalo wins out, or if Miami loses both games and Buffalo wins one, Buffalo is the Mac East champ. So, in fact, it is YOU who did not do your research and is hoping that people believe the crap you're spewing.

Actually, you're wrong NPhusker

Well you got me good there Huskers4Ever. You were absolutely correct, sorry for jumping on you like that, I jsut dont like it when people start talking and do no research and just go by what they think they heard. I was the one who didnt know what i was talking about and i apologize.