Let's not make the same mistake twice!!!!!

Look, if TO isn't going to be a permanent AD then he shouldn't pick a new head coach. Because we will only possibly get ourselves into the same situation. Everyone knows Pederson didn't like Solich from the start so his job as HC was doomed. Since right now TO is only interim AD what if he picks a new coach and then they hire a permanent AD? that spells trouble because the new AD might not like the coach and find anyway possible to get rid of him and get a guy he likes. The chances are great if that were to happen and only find us again in the same situation we just got out of. I know everyone would like TO to be AD for 3-4 years but if just a temp solution then he should definitely leave the search for a new HC to the new AD. But i am all for TO becoming permanent.

Look, if TO isn't going to be a permanent AD then he shouldn't pick a new head coach. Because we will only possibly get ourselves into the same situation. Everyone knows Pederson didn't like Solich from the start so his job as HC was doomed. Since right now TO is only interim AD what if he picks a new coach and then they hire a permanent AD? that spells trouble because the new AD might not like the coach and find anyway possible to get rid of him and get a guy he likes. The chances are great if that were to happen and only find us again in the same situation we just got out of. I know everyone would like TO to be AD for 3-4 years but if just a temp solution then he should definitely leave the search for a new HC to the new AD. But i am all for TO becoming permanent.

I think the new AD will be "hand picked" also and will have bought into the new coach. Don't worry about that!

Doesn't matter.

T.O = GOD

Whomever T.O. picks= God II

fans don't like God II, too bad...

that's the way it goes...

i thought it was all but official that rimington was taking over for T.O. so i'm pretty sure this is a non-issue

Rimington stated in the paper that he had not been contacted by anyone about the AD job, but would be very interested if there was an offer made. Now that could be just code talk and he's probably already working on the interior design of his new office.

don't know if i ever stated this on here before.. i may have.. but i dont remember for sure...

if we are going to have someone who is not a proven as an athletic director in the past.. why don't we get someone like Jeff Schmall? Former top dog in Huskervision.. and now the Associate Athletic Director under Bill Byrne at A&M.. he has ties.. he has some experience with handling these things..

just an idea..

Doesn't matter.

T.O = GOD

Whomever T.O. picks= God II

fans don't like God II, too bad...

that's the way it goes...

Um just like the last hand picked head coach and recommended AD??? hm?????

I don't think we have to worry about that. I've read in a couple of resources that the current Assistant AD, Paul Meyer, is being groomed to take TO's place once he retires. Paul is perfect for the job. He was a former Nebraska coach and player as well as the key to much of the big donations that have come in to the university. When Pederson fired him, that was probably the 'straw that broke the camel's back' and most likely led to Pederson's demise.

I think that TO will be our AD for the next three to four years. If you watch his press conference the day he was announced as our AD, both TO and the Chancellor both said that TO could be there for a couple of years to get everything all together and moving again but they didn't guarantee anything.

But if you read between the lines, IMO I believe that TO will be here at least 3-4 years and our new AD.

IN TOM WE TRUST