SN's Tom Dienhart's coaching rumors

He starts off with Tubberville to A&M, (that' ain't good folks, Tubberville is one of the best out there)

"Names are flying when I talk to sources about the Nebraska job. Proven coaches who should get looks are Wake Forest's Jim Grobe, Navy's Paul Johnson, former Minnesota coach Glen Mason, South Florida's Jim Leavitt, Wisconsin's Bret Bielema and TCU's Gary Patterson. Stay tuned. This will be interesting."

Heard all these names before except Bielema, hmmm, maybe Alvarez is guilty about giving us Cosgrove that he's willing to give up Bielema to compensate. :)

I don't know....but so many people, especially on this board, will freak if they don't get Pelini....I think there is going to be immediate criticism if it isn't Bo or someone like Turner Gill that has been in the Nebraska program and knows what it is like with the tradition. There are a few out there that would be acceptable, but this time who ever it is, has to come with the knowledge it is going to be long term....we don't want anymore 4 year and out deals.

Personally, I am going to be open to whatever TO wants....even if he did hand pick Solich...

I don't know....but so many people, especially on this board, will freak if they don't get Pelini....I think there is going to be immediate criticism if it isn't Bo

Criticism my ass. It'll be a complete and utter meltdown within Husker Nation if Bo fans aren't allowed to have their bogasm's.

:rollin

Ain't that the truth!

I really do not think Bo Pelini will be the next coach at Nebraska. I believe there are a lot of better canidates for the job (including Turner Gill who actually IS a head coach). If Pelini gets hired, great, the fans will be happy and we can see what the guy has in him.

If not, then we have plenty of other quality canidates (e.g., Gill, Johnson (Navy), Peterson (Boise State), Mullin (Florida)) available.